Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Avamere at St Helens

Avamere at St. Helens is conveniently located off Highway 30 near shopping and restaurants. Our beautiful community offers spacious cottages, assisted living apartments as well as memory care. The cottages, studio, one- and two-bedroom private apartments are equipped with individually controlled heating and air condition, full-size refrigerators and microwaves.

We offer richly appointed common areas, like our ice cream parlor and bistro for socializing and family gatherings. Enjoy leisure activities like scheduled outings and country rides in our 15 passenger bus hosted by our life-enrichment director. Enjoy restaurant-style gourmet meals from a varied menu selection in our elegant dining room.

In the assisted living apartment community, 24-hour care services are available to residents.

A licensed nurse is present in the community during the weekday and is only a phone call away for consultation at anytime. Residents in our Alzheimer's/Memory Care neighborhood are assisted 24 hours a day by trained caregivers and behavior support staff under the direction of a licensed nurse. The staff of Avamere at St. Helens practice the Best Friends approach"”a philosophy of personalized care that is compassionate and respectful of a resident's preferences and previous lifestyle.

Reviews of Avamere at St Helens

Posted by Caring95059050 September 10, 2014

The one I selected is Avamere, and it's because it's close to my friends and family. I'm more interested in the independent living, and they have four of what they call cottages, and the dimensions of them are really good toward the arrangement of the furnishings that I have. I like the arrangement of the apartments. One of the staff is my neighbor here. I like the ones I met very much. They take field trips and they have an exercise class. I thought it was a very nice menu, but the thing that most impressed me is they have a salad bar every day, and I think that's kind of neat.

Posted by Joanie1 August 27, 2014
4.0

I’ve already toured Avamere and it does have everything that I think would be good for my mom. Plus, it is 5 minutes from my house. I just think that it seems really upbeat and clean, and it doesn’t smell like a nursing home. It smells nice and classy. I really like the independent living cottage setup, but the main building is nice too. The facility is really clean, and it has a really nice courtyard with flowers.

Posted by cct June 28, 2013
1.0

This facility appears wonderful when you visit. However, after living there for only 5 months my mother has to be hospitalized for 2 weeks for severe malnutrition and dehydration and then in a physical therapy facility for another 4 weeks! . It is only a good place for people who do not need much care--the caregivers are unskilled and often untrained.

Posted by Elizabeth18 June 27, 2013
4.0

I visited Avamere at St. Helens for my mom. Part of this community is a memory care unit, so if your parents already living here are starting to have dementia problems or they are losing their memory, they will just move them in a room to that facility. Also the people here are nice and they have nice rooms. However, the rooms that were available for my mom were small and I felt that she would not be happy with that situation. It just did not feel as a good fit for my mom.

Posted by reptrepo November 20, 2012

Very nice, and clean. the staff was very helpful, and my grandmother seems to be enjoying her time there. There seem to be many activities. There was a buzzer then went off rather often though. It is in a very central location to basically all you could ever need in the city, close to food, walmart, the highschool, and grocery stores and pharmacies. plenty of parking. The landscaping was neat and in order. Although it was not my choice to put my grandmother into this home, if I had a reason to put my mother or father into an assisted living community, I would have no problems selecting this one

Posted by bingeebob October 13, 2012
4.0

Both of my grandparents lived at Avamere at the same time for several years. My grandmother continues to live there and is very comfortable. I am always impressed with the staff, and facilities at Avamere in St. Helens. The staff seems professional, trained, and numerous enough to meet the needs of the residents. I felt comfortable knowing that the facility was ready to handle emergencies or difficult situations with my grandparents. This facility is located in a good part of town, easy to find and close to the highway.

Location of Avamere at St Helens

Features of Avamere at St Helens

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: During business hours

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: Small Pets