Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Woodland Place

Posted by Ashley C September 05, 2012

Woodland Place had my grandmother for several years and I would not have chosen a different facility. They have the best food there, it was always nice and neat. The owners were amazing people. Their daughter was running it when my gramdmother was there she was fantastic. When my grandmother became ill and passed away the facility came to her funeral and cried with my family. They are a great facility I would recommend them to anyone.

Posted by Blinkeye August 30, 2012
4.0

In my opinion this is a good place for senior citizens to go after they can no longer be completely independent but are not completely nonindependent. These are good people helping good people take care of themselves. They are given a routine. They are given three good meals a day. Starting with a good breakfast cooked to suit each of the residents dietary needs, for lunch and supper it is pretty much the same. They have a RN to distribute medicine to each of its residents. I hope that i am a good as place as this is when i can no longer take care of myself but no longer want to be a burden to my family.

Posted by hgfy November 26, 2011
1.0

I would recommend that anyone searching for an assisted living facility look elsewhere, rather than Woodland Place. This place has been reported to the state on several occasions for abuse, lacking proper food supplies, untrained workers providing services they are not qualified for and not providing an adequate number of personnel per shift. The food they serve is often out of date or discards from the grocery stores that the owners also run. The state will investigate and they clean up their act long enough for the state to go away and then they go back to their old ways. I know for a fact that several of the workers are verbally abusive and will often leave the patients laying in their own feces for hours before they clean them up. If you care at all for your loved one please do not put them here.

Posted by Brenda Holzer January 19, 2010

My loved one stayed here

It is rare in this age of automated service and huge impersonal corporations to find an organization that treats people with respect and dignity. The assisted living home, Woodland Place, in Southside is just such an organization. My mother spent the last year of her life as a resident there. When she moved in, the management, staff, and fellow residents opened their arms and treated her like family. In short order it not only began to feel like home, but it became her home. Often, when I would take her out for a meal or to attend church she was anxious to return as it was such a place of comfort. As my mothers health began to fail the staff increased their level of care and concern. When my sisters and I felt the need to stand vigil by her bedside, the staff made sure that we too were fed and cared for. And as my mother passed from this life to the next the staff stood with us, cried with us, grieved with us. My heart was deeply touched by their earnest concern and display of compassion.

Location of Woodland Place