Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Fountains at Franklin

A rental community with no large entrance fee, The Fountains at Franklin in Southfield MI offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Alzhemier's/Memory Care on a beautifully landscaped campus. Choose from a variety of spacious one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Franklin offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

The Fountains at Franklin Ameneties

• Franklin Cinema
  • Elegant private dining room
  • Well-stocked library with Computer Center
  • Lounge for cards, entertaining and more
  • Arts and crafts studio
  • Reception and television lounges
  • Convenient, lighted parking
  • Covered carports
  • Outdoor gardening area with raised planting beds and gazebo
  • Wellness Center
  • Sid's Place convenience store
  • Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
  • Central mail area

The Fountains at Franklin Services

• Choice of lunch or dinner Monday through Saturday in the dining room, with a bountiful Sunday brunch
  • Continental breakfast Monday through Saturday
  • Housekeeping of your apartment every other week
  • Laundering of flat linens every other week
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational, and spiritual programs
  • Move-in coordination service
  • All utilities, except local telephone and cable TV
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Fitness programs include regularly scheduled exercise classes, walking programs and off-site swimming programs
  • Fitness lectures
  • Preventative health screenings
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Reviews of The Fountains at Franklin

Posted by Caring4ever June 28, 2014
2.0

Our granny has lived at this location for a year now and we must say the staff is quite friendly and accommodating. However, the upkeep by management /ownership has changed tremendously since we first looked into this facility three years ago, thus causing us to begin to look elsewhere. The maintenance has become v. laxed; balconies need repairing and painting, hall carpets need replacing, exterior needs painting, apt. windows reflect blinds missing. The pride of ownership is no longer reflected in the facility. However many note how their rents have increased yet the level of service and maintenance is not keeping pace. It is quite apparent that the profit aspect is exceeding the need to keep and maintain the facility. From Franklin Rd. one is deceived by the beautification with all the flowers and nice shrubs. It's up to the management and owners to keep up the property. Many seniors spend their last days here and they appreciate having a fine place to call home. The grounds have such potential yet it seems they're doing just enough to get by. I hope to see it return to the jewel it was years ago.

Posted by Caring84873550 June 19, 2014

I got a chance to visit The Fountains at Franklin, and it was very nice. The lady who accommodated me was very informative. She was very knowledgeable about the place. She showed us around, and the facility is very nice and very clean. The rooms were very nice too. Their activities were very good. They have arts and crafts. They have a movie theater for them to see movies. They have a list of activities, and I like that. The residents that I saw where just comfortable and laid back. If I can sum it up, it had a very positive effect on me.

Posted by Caring84130350 May 11, 2014
3.0

I was also able to visit The Fountains at Franklin, and the woman who showed me around was very kind. She was very helpful with the different information that I just needed for my mom in general. She was excellent; however, the décor was a little dated for me, and the rooms were smaller. It didn’t seem like the temperature could be controlled separately, so it's extremely hot and crowded. It was just too crowded, and I think Mom wouldn't fit in.

Posted by SO-SO in Franklin March 12, 2014
1.0

My mother moved to Fountains of Franklin last summer. This winter around January we saw a total of 3 roaches on 3 days in her apartment which was near one of the garbage closets. We asked them to spray and a week and a half later someone put out traps in the kitchen and we did not see any more by February when she moved out. A person at the desk during this process told me an exterminator came in every Tuesday. Some things can be tolerated and some can't. I guess these things happen with a constant turnover of residents. They had also raised my mothers rent 3.7 percent at the beginning of the year. .

Posted by Naomi4 February 27, 2014
4.0

I'm at The Fountains at Franklin now and even here, it's difficult for me to maneuver. They had to take the door off the bedroom just so I can get into the bedroom but still difficult to try and make those turns and get into the room. Needless to say, their walls are all torn up in here. I have to go upstairs to the main shower to take a shower because I can't get into the bathroom. I can at least get down the hallway into the room. The kitchen isn't big enough for the wheelchair to go into. I asked them for a handicap unit and they said if they will have one available to me but then after I signed the papers, they said they just gave the last one away so they put me in a regular apartment and that was what happened.

The accommodations are okay. I have the living room area, a kitchen and a large bedroom, the bathroom I can't get into and a little dinette area so at least I have some room here to make me feel like I have my own space. The food is decent. It's just not flavorful for me because I like salt on my food and they don't put any on there for obvious reason and it's kind of hard to season it afterwards so for the most part, it's okay. The staff is really good to the residents. If I have any problems, I know who to go to. That made me feel better about it; that they were attentive to know what was going on with me.

It's really nice on the lower level where the main dining room is, the library and all the other rooms that they have down there. They have a small restaurant and the hair salon, computer room, the bistro room. There's a room with the grand piano on a fireplace and a little bar in there and they usually come there and have a little wine and cheese hour. They have a jukebox so there's always some type of music playing.

They do have activities scheduled for the assisted living and for the people in the Alzheimer's/dementia. They have happy hour one Friday out of the month where they have club night and live entertainment. They have different events like they had a New Year's Eve ball. They have Halloween party for the staff's children and grandchildren where they trick or treat around the building. They have magician there for them and other events for the kids. In the summertime, they have outdoor barbecues and then they have a community fare once a year where they have entertainment outside. They have different games and arcade games.

Posted by Larry25 November 22, 2013
4.0

They had immediate opening at The Fountains at the time when I needed to put him in right away and they had a room available. The facility looked nice. They gave us a tour and I thought it was great and the staff was very friendly.

Posted by Delores2 October 24, 2013
3.0

The Fountains at Franklin was very attractive. We liked its appearance. The only thing I did not like was the apartment we saw was very, very small for what they offered. They did show us some bigger apartments with 2 bedrooms and an area where my mother could have her washer and dryer within the apartment, but of course that would be more expensive than the other one we first looked at. They also did not have access to outdoor facilities like a balcony or anything like that, which my mother would have loved to have.

On the other hand, the people at the Fountains were very, very nice. I like that you could get into assisted living or into senior living. Even if you were not in the assisted living area, you still could avail some of their services like transportation or if you wanted something to eat. They were willing to allow people, who did not have the assisted living apartments, to participate in activities. Moreover, it's nice that the physical location of the facility was excellent and the surrounding area was very good.

Posted by Caring1113 August 22, 2013
2.0

The Fountains at Franklin was my first option for a place for my mom. They convinced me that my mom could handle independent living but I knew she needed assistance. She also insisted upon having her dog and after I paid the money they informed me she could not bring her dog. Pets were only allowed in the independent living area and not in the assisted living area. They were friendly until we ran into a problem.

Posted by caring3316 May 18, 2013
3.0

My father has moved into the Fountains at Franklin. It's the place he wanted to be in. It had a lot to do with the location, it's not far from his home, and he has a nephew who lives nearby and could visit almost every day. He's in a room by himself right now. The environment is okay, the staff is alright, and they have a lot of activities. They need to improve their staff because his care provider is not professional and is slow to respond.

Posted by Anonymous20 April 11, 2012

The Fountains at Franklin has a well structured environment. The arrangement on the first floor resembles family-like setting. It didn't feel institutional at all. There are a variety of activities available for seniors to participate in. A nice facility with friendly people. My loved one will be happy here.

Posted by Coltonbartell1 December 13, 2011
4.0

The Fountains at Franklin was where a good family friend of mine attended for assisted living. The facility was very well put together and projected comfortably all over especially from the staff members. The facility itself looked very nice but what I like most about it, as well as my family friend, was the court yard. It was beautiful and very well maintained. I would enjoy hanging out with her by the benches and would talk for hours. What I was most impressed with thought was the awareness and helpfulness of the staff, by far the most people friendly employees I've seen out of any other facility. Whenever a problem aroused they were very quick and diligent to see it done right and kept our friend very comfortable, I remember never hearing a compliant. The food just looked ok including the selection but again our friend never complained about eating there and as for safety issues it looked like they had control over it, unlike other facilities where she had escaped before. Although they have a lot of pros they do have a little weak point. In my opinion they don't have the newest most sophisticated equipment, now I'm not saying it's ancient it is still fairly new and very effective but they could use more funding in that department. Over all I would recommend this facility if you're looking for customer and patient friendly people, what they lack in technology they make up for in hard work and keeping everyone comfortable and safe.

Posted by Lucas1 December 13, 2011
4.0

This assisted living provider is excellent. They were very well staffed and provided care to my parents. My parents never felt lonely and could always count on someone in case of emergency or just to talk to. They have a staff full of chefs who cook very good food for my parents and my parents are very satisfied with their service. They also have an excellent outdoor area that is quiet, peaceful, and beautiful. My parents say it is very refreshing to be out in that area. The reason I give it 4 starts and not 5 is primarily the location. The location in Southfield has a semi-high crime rate and I'm always weary if something bad will happen in the area and harm my parents. Otherwise I'm very satisfied with The Fountains at Franklin. I'd definitely recommend it to any friends who need an assisted living location for elderly.

Posted by Social Worker # 1 November 16, 2011

I am a friend of a resident of The Fountain Assisted Living facility. In general, I thought that The Fountain Assisted Living facility was a good place for anyone looking for a good assisted living placement for a friend or family member to live in a country like setting. The Fountain is a very nice place for anyone over 50 to live because it is so welcoming and it has a contemporary living environment surrounding it.

The grounds of the facility are in a beautiful country like setting and the facility kind of sits back and is isolated off to itself. The common areas of the country like setting is beautiful with a large amount of green scenery and the neighborhood surrounding The Fountain Assisted Living has lots of land between the houses and is also a beautiful scene. You can imagine the scenery being so beautiful and all the green acres of land and beautiful colored flowers give off such a fresh scent to the air surrounding The Fountain Assisted Living facility. The resident's apartments are nice and clean and look good with beautiful furniture and other décor that all match and compliments the resident's rooms. There is no smell in the facility and the residents their get along well with one another and the staff. The staff there also treats the resident's like family and they all interact and communicate with each other like they are family. The residents' apartments are beautiful and very clean and have a fresh scent to them. Some of the residents have their own furniture that they brought with them when they moved there to make their apartments look more elegant.

The staff and management of the facility are professional, friendly, and team, task oriented in their job duties and performance. I think the residents receive excellent care there. The vast majority of resident's there conveyed to me that they receive excellent care there and they couldn't receive any better care.

While I was there, I noticed that the vast majority of residents their have their own personal care providers and that tend to make it much easier on the facility's staff and allow their staff to spend more time with their other residents. The facility has a fresh country smell of greenery and flowers because of the location of the facility. I would give The Fountain Assisted Living facility a five plus star rating in all areas.

Overall, The Fountain is a great facility and I would recommend it to everyone, anyone over 50 that is looking for an assisted living apartment for their friends or family member. I know that they would like it there and I know that they would do well there because they would receive excellent care there.

Posted by Ronnie726 July 27, 2011
4.0

Outstanding staff. My auntie was attended to hourly. The charting of the staff is excellent and they really take care of their residents.

Location of The Fountains at Franklin