Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Heritage of Southfield

Heritage of Southfield provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Heritage of Southfield

Posted by Caring79326050 February 28, 2014

My mother is in Heritage of Southfield. We choose it because it seems to be the best one around the area. The staff is very nice. They have nice size apartments. We are able to get a studio for her and it is very nice. They have activities like music, groups and gym. They even take them out to stores.

Posted by Caring78404550 February 24, 2014
4.0

Dad is at Courtyard Nursing Care Center. The staff is very caring. They sit down with the family to talk goals, plans, and expectations with regards to my dad's health. They are really very helpful. His room is small, but it's adequate for him. He doesn’t complain about the food.

Posted by Darryl3 January 30, 2014
4.0

The rooms were fine. The staff was great. They have things there on schedule for the people to do and go to trips. It's clean, modern and up to date. Heritage of Southfield just seem friendly for the elderly.

Posted by Fonzie December 27, 2013
3.0

I have watched this facility go down for a while. there is arguing in the dining room due to slow service, diabetics having to wait for over an hour for breakfast and dinner. I suspect this is because of a cut in help to save money. the quality of food has also gone down, portions are small.

activities are not up to par as in the past. there are few choices.
For the cost this should be an exceptional home for the elderly and skimping shouldn't happen. The problem could be poor management.

Posted by Anonymous3493 August 15, 2013
4.0

Our experience with Heritage of Southfield was very nice. We visited this place for my parents. The people we talked to were very nice and knowledgeable. We went there on a Sunday and there weren't a whole lot of activities going on at that time. The biggest drawback that we have for this facility is that it is a five-story building.

Posted by Deborah15 August 01, 2013

Heritage of Southfield was simply gorgeous. It was fabulous. The building was beautiful. I loved their apartments. They had a full view on either side that made the sunshine come into their apartments and really brightened it up. All the facilities that they had were extremely nice. Their staff was excellent, very cordial and very professional. They had an indoor pool and physical therapy. They had a deli-shop if you didn't want to eat at the dining room. The dining room was beautiful. You would think you're coming into a grand hotel. Of course, it was expensive, but if you can afford it, it's gorgeous. I liked the fact that everything was so convenient. You could either have their staff come in to do your laundry for you or they had the other option of having a washing machine and dryer available on each floor for the residents to use themselves. They had in-house nurses and a doctor facility right there in the building. I would recommend them to others.

Posted by Kendra1 July 25, 2013

We chose Heritage of Southfield because they gave my grandmother the independence that she needed in addition to the activities that she was accustomed to and that allowed her to not feel bad about needing the help that she needed. She needs round-the-clock care. If she pushes a button, somebody comes down for her. They got bingos and they go to trips. They have an art room and they have a swimming pool. You name it they have it. The place is amazing. The dining room is beautiful. It's like eating in a Marriott Hotel. The food is good. The atmosphere is nice.

Posted by Julia2 July 11, 2013

The Heritage of Southfield was a very nice facility. I wish my mom would agree to go there. I liked it very much, but she is unwilling to leave her home at this time. If I were in that situation, I would think that it would be a wonderful place to be. The people were very nice and the place was nice and clean. I can't really say enough about that place. The only thing that I saw that they could improve on is the parking availability because it seemed they have limited space for that.

Posted by Erica2 June 13, 2013

I visited Heritage of Southfield and I saw that the place was nice. The people were also very nice. They were able to show me the activities that they have.

Posted by TrishaLyman December 22, 2012
3.0

The staff was all very kind and accommodating.The facility itself was beautifully cared for. It looked as if the residents were enjoying their time there: There were plenty of activities for them to indulge in, and there seemed to be an air of contentment about the place. In comparison to other homes I've visited, this one is much better.

Posted by Social Worker # 1 December 06, 2011

I think The Heritage House of Southfield is an excellent choice for placement for some who is looking for a placement for a friend or a family member who prefers to live independently or in an assisted living apartment. While there, I noticed that the common areas were very nice for the seniors to enjoy a fulfilled life style with other seniors. The facility is surrounded by acres and of beautiful land and the country fresh smell of the fresh country air is so satisfying and relaxing. They offer their residents an array of services and support systems to fit right into each and every individuals Centered plan of care.

The Heritage House is an elegant apartment setting and surrounded by beauty both interior and exterior. Their residents are treated like family and they provide them with luxuries such as; their outdoor gardens, convenience store, on site house physicians and a wellness clinic, for the wellness of their residents overall health. They also provide their residents with an indoors swimming pool for their residents to exercise in and keep a healthy life style. Their professional skilled health care team is on site 24/7 for the convenience of their residents and they also encourage their residents towards a healthy life style and independence a primary promoter of growth and health.

They also provide a formal dining setting for their residents, transportation services, linen and housekeeping services to their residents. The also provide their residents with the highest levels of quality care that is possible for their residents. I would most definitely rank the Heritage of Southfield a fives stars rating for their excellence and expertise in the promotion of health and independence.

Posted by My Home September 10, 2011
3.0

Heritage of southfield is a good choice for elderly people or for independed living folks with physical and mental limitations. Its a place where these people can share a cosy, simple and silent living environment with a touch of emotions. The facility itself is well cared for. The management is really good, responsive. People who are being adandoned by their kith and kins or are alone in the big world can satisfy their living.The rooms are neat and clean. They are open and bright and gives a fresh breathe through out the day. There are attendants and caretakers assigned to each floor who are available 24/7. The rooms are with internal cable fittings and intercom phone connections to each room. It also has an AC and a temperature control system fixed to adjust with the climate. There are activity rooms(gym), beauty shops, laundry, restuarant and a big parking area as well. The place has a great area to spend a lovely walk with your partner. The area is so built that an elderly /physically retarded person can rest for a while admist of his/her a walk.With all these facility where a person can satisfy his luxury but also can get the care and emotion touch from the people around. Though situated in the interiors of the Michigan state, people are hardly aware of this place. This can be an advantage to add up to its lovely and peaceful environment.

Posted by GuiCyber June 30, 2011

I have a friend who is a resident of the Heritage of Southfield facility. It's located on Eleven Mile Road in Southfield. I visit him often, and usually always dining with him during my visit. Great service and food I must say. They have a Celebrations program once a month, where you can be very social and do interesting activities. You cant get too bored here, there's always something one can do. My friend enjoys this place very much. And I do too during my visits. I recommend Heritage of Southfield to those seniors looking for a fun, active, and social assisted living.

Posted by GCM12 June 22, 2011

I have a client who lives there, and I've visited a number of times over the last several years. It's very elegant, like a nice hotel with a lobby, and it has a warm feeling. They even have a professional chef and a nice dining room, and the food is good.

It's situated in a kind of wetlands, set back from the main road. It has a woodsy, pastoral feeling. There's a cemetery across the way, with lots of trees. So the setting is very pretty and nice. And the facility itself is well cared for. The rooms are quite nice"”open and bright, with nice carpeting.

The management is really good, responsive. They're clearly interested in the residents. They take pride in giving a good experience. And there are a lot of appropriate activities. The staff itself is a little uneven, though. The daily care is provided by a different company, a home care company called ComforCare, and the quality of care you get varies, depending on who you get.

This is a place that offers all levels of care, from independent living to rehab. They also have a dementia floor. I'm not familiar with it, but the residents seem well cared for. For those who are physically active, there are lots of good activities. They have discussion groups, an art room, a heated in-door pool, quite a lot.

Overall, it's a good choice for a wide range of residents, from those looking for independent living to folks who have physical or mental limitations.

Location of Heritage of Southfield

Features of Heritage of Southfield

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,295
  • Highest monthly rate: 4,430
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details