Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Wynwood of Northampton Manor

Wynwood of Northampton Manor provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Wynwood of Northampton Manor

Posted by Daria1 June 30, 2014
4.0

I liked Wynwood, the people, and the dining room. They were doing a lot of work there. We don't want to put my mom in a place where there was going to be construction noise. I thought the place looked good, but they were doing a lot of interior stuff. They were repairing most of the bathrooms, which I think is terrific, so the place wants to maintain their facility.

The other thing we didn't like about it was that the hallways were much narrower. You could get two wheelchairs past each other, but barely, and the walls told you that story. You could see the marks on the walls. Those hallways needed to be another foot and a half wider, in our opinion. Mom is on a walker, and she moves along pretty good, but she needs a little bit of space to maneuver.

We thought the people were nice. The location had a little wooded section out back to sit in. They had available space. In the end, an added bonus to us is it's virtually around the corner, and my wife now sees my mom four days a week at the facility.

Posted by Tom84766250 May 20, 2014

Wynwood have been very nice, helpful, and they do anything for my uncle. The place is spotless, and I'm very happy with it. The rooms are a lot better than the other places I visited. The people seem nicer, too. They have daily exercises, group meetings, and I believe they sponsor trips. I like that it's so clean.

Posted by SN11 March 25, 2014

I am very happy with Wynwood of Northampton Manor. It is gorgeous, bright, and very clean with no odors. The staff that care for my mother are wonderful and have been working there for years and make my mom feel like family. Recent management changes have made it even better. The new director is very kind, always smiling, and has been available when needed. The new chef is always out engaging residents, and speaking with my mom about her meal. I recently had dinner with mom, and I thought the food was fantastic. My mom regularly participates in activities, and loves living there. The entire staff from receptionist to nurses are great, and I am so glad we chose her to live there. Only negative is part of the parking lot is not paved, other than that, I'm completely happy.

Posted by Caring66910350 January 31, 2014
4.0

We went through an online senior services website and they gave me various places to check out. One of them was Wynwood of Northampton Manor. I thought their rooms were very nice. They looked lovely. However, most of them were private. Regarding staff, I was only able to assess the people who showed us around and they seemed to be very nice. We did take my mother-in-law for lunch there and the chef was very warm and friendly. Their dining room was beautiful. What I like best about this place was that it was close to our home and the fact that they did have a dementia unit. However, the only thing I didn't like was that they didn't have a skilled nursing facility. If their residents would need skilled nursing, they would have to go somewhere else.

Posted by Caring76284750 December 20, 2013

My parents are at Wynwood. I was more comfortable with the facility, it had a very nice layout. They're happy with the food and they are very pleased with the facilities as far as what they offer. They've only been there a short while but they seemed to be very pleased with it.

Posted by Russ4 November 20, 2013

The people at Wynwood were wonderful. They were very accommodating. The rooms were very nice and the facility itself was very clean. The area was very nice. There were hospitals and parks in proximity to the facility. However, it was not strictly a memory care facility.

Posted by Jean28 October 25, 2013
4.0

I've seen Wynwood and it seems like a very nice place, I just don't know if my mom can afford it. The facility is very clean and the girl that took me around was very knowledgeable.

Posted by January655 September 19, 2013
4.0

We're happy with Wynwood of Northampton Manor. It is bright and very clean. It doesn't have a smell. My father likes that he can do his own laundry there. They also give their residents the option of doing their own medication. I think the place itself is set up pretty nice. It is more designed for people who are a little further along memory-wise. Currently my father is not at that stage yet. In fact, he doesn't quite fit in. He doesn't really need the memory care that they are set up for. If he was a little further along, I would actually be very happy with the care that he receives there.

Nevertheless, for what it is, it seems like they are doing a good job. Regarding activities, I do know they have an activity room where they have stuff going on. They also have some classes like cooking, etc. They have a lot of things for my father but he just doesn't take advantage of those opportunities.

Posted by Lisa35 August 15, 2013
3.0

I didn't like the place; I thought it was small. When I went to look through the apartments, they have levels like a first, second and third floor. It was not clean; when you walk through the hallway it had a smell of urine and I didn't like that. Something's not right such as they're not changing the beds. They need to improve on their care, cleanliness and sanitation.

Posted by caring2549 June 12, 2013
4.0

My mother stayed at the Wynwood and that was very nice. The staff was the nicest thing about it. They were very helpful, happy to answer questions, and very accommodating. My mom stayed there for only a month. The place somewhat limited her and she was bored only because she is so young. I think it is a great place for somebody who is older and needed a lot of help. But, if she had to go someplace and stay for long-term, she would be very happy there.

Posted by Robyn2 May 29, 2013

Wynwood of Northampton Manor is an old place, but it had a very good feeling from the residents. They seemed genuinely happy there. The staff was very, very helpful.

Posted by bobby376 August 27, 2012
3.0

My Grandfather lived here for a few years, and I became familiar with the facility over this time. The facility was always very clean, and had a good variety of activities always going on. Probably 3/4 of the staff were very upbeat and talkative with him, to the point of having inside jokes, which he liked about the place. The people seemed to care how he was doing. On the down side, many personal items would disappear (we can only assume stolen?) over time, such as his watch which we replaced multiple times but would continually disappear. For that reason we could not leave anything of value with him, which annoyed him when he wanted various things. Additionally, they were not very good at keeping everyone's laundry separate, as we would find other people's clothes, and his would also be missing, requiring us to label all his clothing to help the situation. For these pros and cons, I've rated the facility as a 3-star.

Posted by anonymoustoo May 07, 2012
4.0

My relative suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and is in the secured unit at Wynwood called Covered Bridge. There is a nice, supervised, outdoor sitting area where residents can go outside to sit under a pretty awning or walk around a bit. It is the perfect way for the residents to be outside without the worry of them wandering away. There is even an area where they can go outside and assist with gardening. The caregivers are very kind and compassionate and the residents get a lot of attention. There are always activities and the Alzheimers patients even go on outings and attend many activities with other residents. If they are not doing planned activities, the residents can sit together, watch tv, chat with the staff, walk around, etc. The activities people are wonderful. My relative's room is always dusted and neat and the dining and sitting rooms all look clean as well. The food is good. The building inside could use a bit of paint but it still makes a nice impression. The fact that our friend or relative has this awful disease is sad, but Wynwood allows them to live independently and most appear content. Most residents have private rooms, some choose semi-private rooms. No place is perfect, but from my experience I would not hesitate to place someone here.

Posted by Customer March 20, 2012
1.0

Depressing. A.D are in the basement. No decent place to go outside. Just looks like they are warehousing patients.

Posted by disgusted2011 October 02, 2011
1.0

This place is a dump. What lurks behind the walls and under the beds are bedbugs. The place is not kept clean and anyone looking to place the loved one in this place should think twice.

Location of Wynwood of Northampton Manor

• Hindi
  • Russian
  • Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy