Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From The Highlands

At The Highlands in Somerset, KY, our variety of services and programs -- including Assisted Living, Companion Living and Respite Care -- fulfill our residents' needs. Whether someone is active and likes to have a full social calendar, or prefers to relax and takes things more slowly, our varying levels of service and activities accommodate each resident's lifestyle.

Our Assisted Living residences offer seniors the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere free of the daily worries associated with living alone. At Assisted Living Concepts, we provide a high level of service with a personal and caring touch.

The Highlands combines retirement living with comfort and luxury in a beautiful independent setting.

Reviews of The Highlands

Posted by Caring1718 May 29, 2014
3.0

The Highlands was very nice. However, you have to pay for your TV hook-up. They had no Internet system, so you had to pay for that as well. There were different things that you had to pay for that normally are included in other places. The rates were kind of funny, too. They didn't charge by the month; they charged by the day. I didn't particularly care for that kind of charge. Everything was very nice, though. I also like that it is close to my home. It is close to my family.

Posted by Caring7466 July 30, 2013
2.0

My brother stayed at The Highlands for about three weeks. It was a very pretty place, very attractive, and very clean. It had a pretty decor, but they give very limited help to the residents. The only thing I have to say is, you have to pretty well take care of yourself. It's basically an apartment with very little assistance and I donet think they made that exactly clear to us. We ended up having to hire somebody to stay with him all the time because they didnet answer call buttons. He had an apartment by himself which was very expensive. The food was not good at all.

Posted by Regina3 June 19, 2013

My mom had moved in to The Highlands last March and she absolutely loved it. The staff was very kind and supportive. We also liked the cleanliness of the place and the modern convenience that they have. Truly, I would recommend it to others.

Posted by maryo August 13, 2011
4.0

Highlands provides a warm inviting atmosphere that puts clients at ease as soon as they go through the door. The meals are excellent, good as most 5 star resturants. The staff are warm and affectionate and encourage the clients to be as independent as they are able, but still provide what care that they need.

Posted by bluelightnin6 July 31, 2011
4.0

I went to visit a family member a couple of months ago in The Highlands facility. I have to say the atmosphere there was wonderful. They treated everyone like family, with love and warmth. I don't know how many times I was asked if I needed anything, and I wasn't even one of their patients. The nurses all seemed very professional. The building itself was not in the best of shape but it seemed they did the best they could with keeping it up to date and such. When my family member needed assistance with something and I was not able to help her with it, the workers always showed up extremely quickly upon pushing the assist button in our room. The food there was also very good. It seemed to be high quality food for such a small little assistance living facility. They were nutritional home made looking meals.

Location of The Highlands