Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

About Smithtown Healthcare Facility

Smithtown Healthcare Facility is an assisted living facility in Smithtown, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Smithtown Healthcare Facility for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Smithtown Healthcare Facility

Average Rating: 4.0 based on 1 Review

Smithtown Healthcare Facility
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by kkeelin August 30, 2012
4.0

Smithtown Healthcare Facility was a wonderful alternative to living alone for my 85 year old grandmother. The facility is divided into two areas: one for the higher functioning seniors and one for those needing round the clock care. While my grandmother was in the area for higher functioning seniors she delighted in participating in a variety of activities including movie night, bingo, cooking class, and even a computer class. The facility offered their residents transportation to the mall as well as church services, both things that my grandmother took advantage of. The staff was warm and welcoming and never treated my grandmother as if she were a burden to them.In terms of living conditions, my grandmother shared a double bedroom, with a roommate, which had all the comforts of home in terms of a bathroom, bedroom furniture, a television and a phone. She had her own space, which she valued, but had so many social activities that she rarely spent time in her room. In fact, the first time that I visited her I was amazed how tan she was. The staff was always taking them out for walks on nice days, something she was afraid to do when she lived on her own, and she had gotten a nice healthy glow as a result. The only negative was that my grandmother, when she began failing and was moved to the section for round the clock care, she had her jewelry stolen out of her room.

Location of Smithtown Healthcare Facility