Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Trail Ridge Senior Living

The Trail Ridge campus is made up of both residential living and assisted living apartments. We're tucked securely on 18 beautiful acres overlooking Sioux Falls with walking trails, gardens and recreational areas conveniently situated nearby.

In addition to traditional services in our Assisted Living Cottage -a 20 apartment one story building with outdoor gardens and solarium - we offer assistance for residents with cognitive impairment in a setting that has a family-like atmosphere with 24hour staffing.

The apartment homes in The Ridge, our three story main building, are also licensed for assisted living services. These apartment homes come in a large variety of styles from 800 to 2000 square feet and are especially nice for couples and those wishing to age in place while receiving the daily services from our Care Partners Program or assisted living staff.

Trail Ridge also enhances independence through a wide variety of wellness programs. Our professional fitness and wellness staff work as a team to create customized programs for each individual. This includes:

• Initial physical assessments
  • Health education seminars
  • Exercise classes
  • Health and lifestyle screenings.

CARING FOR THE MIND

Residents at Trail Ridge live free from the worries of household chores and everyday maintenance. This lifestyle stimulates the mind and offers opportunities for growth through on-campus educational sessions and leisure activities.

"Living at Trail Ridge has given us the freedom to get involved in community events and volunteer opportunities." (Heinz and Kay)

CARING FOR THE SPIRIT

At Trail Ridge we respect the beliefs and traditions of all people we serve. Our goal is to provide quality services guided by Christian values.

"The best part of living at Trail Ridge is the serenity of country living and the nearby convenience of shopping, theatres, medical and community services." (Hazel)

Friendly neighbors secure environment, supportive staff, and an attractive selection of services and amenities make Trail Ridge the premier retirement community in Sioux Falls.

For more detailed information, a brochure, or a personal tour, please contact the Trail Ridge Marketing Department.

Reimbursement

Private Pay, LTCI, VA, Medicaid/Medical

Apartment Features

Furnished, Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System
Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, 24 hour security at Gate, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Separate Therapy Room, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Reviews of Trail Ridge Senior Living

Posted by L. Ardis December 24, 2013

The Trail Ridge Management is the most caring, helpful & loving people. The Units are very comfortable and reasonably priced. The wellness unit will be the very now that the pool is being built now.

Posted by Caring44441 December 24, 2013

They're great!

Posted by Caring0507 December 13, 2013

I have lived here 6 ½ years. Meals are very good. There are good programs 2 or 3 times a week. You are free to leave at any time w/o signing in or out. Transportation is provided. Medical 5 days a week and shopping 2 days. I am 90 ½ yrs old.

Posted by Earl & Bonnie December 13, 2013

Trail Ridge is a “fantastic” place to live. We have been here 18 years- (husband + myself) would not live any other place!

Posted by Caring8594 December 13, 2013

Staff is competent and caring. Apartment is charming and sunny. Caramel rolls are delicious. It is home!

Posted by Natalie5 November 28, 2013

The environment is like a church or family. We, as residents and guests, feel welcome and encouraged to enjoy each other and everything available. I appreciate the levels of care and activity, as well as the conscientious approach to dealings with residents.

Posted by Bob and Dorothy Johnson Caselli September 28, 2012
4.0

There is a beautiful openness about the campus provided by trees and a walking path. The location provides a distant view from your deck of the Sioux Falls community. Life in a retirement community encourages independence and time to do some of the things you've always wanted to do. One can share life with the community as much or as little as desired. Privacy is held in high regard. This is a safe place to be as a senior with an unequaled physical fitness program available to maximize our strength and endurance.

Posted by joy24 September 17, 2012

My family and I visited Trail Ridge with my grandma. We were impressed with the facility when we entered. It was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. We were able to eat lunch there to get a feel for the place, and the food was excellent. Grandma was happy with 2 meals a day being included.

While touring the facility we had several residents stop and talk to us. Since my grandma is a social person, it was nice to know she wouldn't have a problem meeting people at Trail Ridge.

The apartments were spacious and very nice. The employee who gave us a tour was very knowledgable, and didn't rush us out even though we asked a lot of questions.

I highly recommend Trail Ridge for a retirement community! It was top notch!

Posted by Arnie Bauer September 17, 2012

I've been a resident here at Trail Ridge for over 14 years. a My wife and I moved in together and she passed away in 2008. When we moved in we were both very independent. Now after 14 years I have begun to need a little more help and each time I've needed more care, it's been there for me. After all this time, I still enjoy the meals and the fellowship that dining together brings. I love my large 2 bedroom apartment and enjoy surfing the net on my computer in my den and go to all the concerts. My hobby (Matchbox Cars) is not neglected either. I couldn't be more content!

Posted by care27795 August 21, 2012

First of all, this retirement community is in a very quiet and safe area, that is obvious right away and is a major advantage. The facility is well taken care of both outside and in, another plus. The physical layout and the people made Trail Ridge very inviting. It was great that there were many different living spaces available to residents at different price ranges. There seemed to be enough options that everyone could find a place that suits them well. It is nice that this community offers both independent living apartments and assisted living apartments as well. From the residents we talked to and what we saw, the staff seems to really care about the residents and tries to do everything they can to accommodate them. There seems to be a lot of different activities for residents to partake in and we were told they get a say in activities as well. I think that is very important. The dining room had a good atmosphere and was not institutional in appearance at all which was nice to see. We were all impressed with the solarium room. There was plenty of light and comfortable furniture for gathering with others when too hot or cold to go outside. It was also nice that there was plenty of outdoor space as well so residents can go outside when they are able to. Over all, I would say that Trail Ridge was an impressive assisted living facility from my one visit. It seems to have more to offer than a lot of other facilities that I have toured.

Posted by Tricia1 September 11, 2011

This facility is reasonably priced and provides first class services to the residents. The basic package includes two hot meals, utilities, parking, storage, housekeeping, nursing care, amenities such as banking and library services with internet, shuttle service, organized games, exercise and PT, and a very caring staff. I would live there myself. It has more services for less cost than just about anything else around. I heartily recommend Trail Ridge. Other comparable facilities in the area are either more expensive, or attempt to lock in applicants like used car dealers.

Posted by southerngal September 10, 2011

This assisted living facility is one of the nicest of its kind. When I went to visit my grandmother here, I prepared myself to feel a little down about her living situation. However, once I stepped foot in this facility I was envious of where she lives! Living in this place is like living in a stately mansion where you get to interact with friendly people on a regular basis, where you have a staff to take care of many of your needs such as meal preparation, and where you can escape to peaceful parts of the property and gather your thoughts. The facility is very spacious, with lots of wonderful light shining in. Residents live in their own lovely private apartments, and the hallways are set up just like a normal apartment complex. There are plenty of common gathering spaces, and the day I visited my grandma several women were enjoying putting a puzzle together in a quiet corner of a common area. Further along my tour of the facility, we encountered a "Nintendo Wii" room where there was a rambunctious game of Wii bowling happening. It was so nice seeing elderly people hooked up to oxygen tanks having so much fun. They also have their own little movie theater and a fitness facility. My grandmother says the meals they prepare are delicious, and everyone is friendly. Families, especially families with small children, will feel comfortable visiting loved ones here. The atmosphere is upbeat and there is plenty to explore. I cannot recommend this place enough-I would move here in a heartbeat if the situation called for it.

Posted by PODBOY February 03, 2011

FINER lIVING

TRAIL RIDGE HAS BEEN AN IDEAL PLACE FOR ME TO LIVE. I HAVE BEEN HERE 3.5 YEARS AND FIND IT TO BE MORE THAN I EXPECTED FROM A RETIREWMENT HOME.

Location of Trail Ridge Senior Living

Features of Trail Ridge Senior Living

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy