Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Bickford of Sioux City

Welcome to Bickford of Sioux City, one of Iowa's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford of Sioux City is conveniently located on Indian Hills Drive, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Sioux City senior living community.

At Bickford of Sioux City, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Sioux City. Each resident of our Iowa assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Sioux City senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual’s life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Sioux City. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Sioux City assisted living in Iowa, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Iowa assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Reviews of Bickford of Sioux City

Posted by Renee8 March 08, 2013

There are only about 37 residents at Bickford of Sioux City Memory Care. It was smaller, so we thought my mother could get better care. The staff is excellent, very good, and very attentive. The rooms are very nice, neat, and furnished well. They do have various activities, like bingo, exercise programs, listening to music, and group discussions where they get to talk about their homes, their lives and they get to interact with each other. They also get their hair and nails done every week.

Posted by zimbob June 12, 2012
4.0

The staff were generally friendly, though I heard many complaints of being short staffed regualrly. The facility was always kept up and appeared welcoming. The food was not very appealing , most times, and we frequently brought her in food. Activities were a bit sparse. Would have liked to seen more for them to do since they were cognitively there. They seemed to have a high staff turnover. Every time i visited , was someone new working.

Posted by Erin2 May 29, 2012
4.0

Visiting Bickford Cottage was a very pleasant experience. It is located in a nice neighborhood with a hospital fairly close in case of emergencies. The staff answered all my questions thoroughly and genuinely seemed to care about the residents. The grounds and quarters were immaculate and the residents seemed friendly and polite.

Posted by alzheimersadvocate February 17, 2012

My grandmother chose the Bickford Memory Care because it had all the requirements she was looking for to take care of my grandfather who had Alzheimer's. She wanted a caring and compassionate environment for him and most of all a place that looked like home and felt like home. I don't live in Sioux City but I had the opportunity to visit my grandfather several times. My grandmother was right from my very first visit; I really felt the warmth which made me feel at home too. They have a very compassionate and caring program. Their approach is not to use many drugs that are unnecessary and instead encourage an active life style. They don't use restraints or locks to control the patient's behavior instead they try to really connect with patients with compassion and care. My grandfather was treated always with dignity and my grandmother and I had peace of mind knowing that he was supervised and taking care of all the time. My grandfather was happy and never looked distressed. When we visited we were able to share with my grandfather activities and meals. I hate institutionalized meals but the meals that they served were very acceptable. The staff was always very attentive and courteous to any concerns that we had. My grandmother also wanted a facility where she could stay with my grandfather every day. They allowed my grandmother to be with him as long as she wanted to. My grandfather just passed away very peacefully. Thanks to all the staff at Bickford Memory Care for providing him care, compassion and love and for treating us as family.

Posted by schneiwg May 30, 2011
1.0

My brother recently stayed at Bickford as a respite. The single word he used to describe his stay there was, "humiliating". The staff that was assigned to assist him complained that he was too heavy and too much work and they didn't want to care for him. The room he was given had dirty, used furniture and the bed was so cheap and uncomfortable he decided it would be better if he simply slept in his chair. He also thought about spending the last night of his stay in his van in the parking lot. My father was a resident there for a brief time about a year earlier and he fell and broke his hip. I would say overall that Bickford definitly does not live up to it's claims and I would also strongly recommend that if you love your relatives don't send them to Bickfor.

Location of Bickford of Sioux City