Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Discovery Memory Care

Proudly offering residential care specializing in supporting those with memory loss needs such as Alzheimer's disease and other related dementias in Sequim, WA. Centrally located in the heart of Sequim, Washington, our convenient location welcomes families and their loved ones into our community. Discovery's spacious dining rooms and comfortable, inviting common areas and activity rooms provide opportunity for socialization and relaxation in day-to-day living. The grounds are complimented by our serene courtyard, where residents can rest and relax on comfortable patio furniture, garden at the raised flower bed, or listen to the birds at the feeders.

Reviews of Discovery Memory Care

Posted by Caring86721550 June 30, 2014

Discovery Memory Care was really good. I almost put him in there. It was a good option. He would have been in a respite care room. It was a nice, big room, but he wouldn't have had as much of a view as I would have liked him to have. We determined our own menus, and the administrator told us they could have the food brought in, so it's really good. You get choices in things.

I know they had little outing trips that they would take. They did allow the people that are in for respite to go on those things. They had a calendar with all kinds of activities on it. If I have to take him somewhere, it would probably be the place I'd go with him now. The maintenance person or the resident manager was very nice to us and very good about accommodating whatever we needed. They were very good. They were patient with us.

Posted by Sharon44 March 28, 2014
4.0

Discovery was a little older but seemed to be well-run. It seemed to be a nice facility. They seemed to have adequate staff. They had a lot of activities for the patients, and they seemed to have a good dietary type of program. The rooms seemed to be pretty adequate in size.

Posted by Caring510395 April 03, 2012

I spent alot of time researching and visiting assisted living and Alzheimer's facilities within a 75 mile radius as I prepared to make the difficult decision to move my family member from home to a place with 24 hour care. From the moment I walked in the door, I was treated like a person and not a sale to be made. I didn't have an appointment as I had been advised to visit and see them unannounced to get to see the "real picture". I was greeted warmly by the gal in the front office who asked me a few questions about my situation. Then she offered me coffee or tea and a homemade cookie before asking me if I would mind having a seat for a moment until the intake person got off the phone. Once I was introduced to the intake person and we went into her office, all I can say is WOW. As we started talking, it became obvious that this was definitely all about me and my family member and not a sales job. Her way of asking questions and her compasionate nature made me feel better about opening up and I actually cried. I even learned alot about the disease and how it impacts the family more than you would think. As we were leaving her office to take a tour, a bunch of folks (I learned that they were actually residents coming back from a bus trip) were coming through the lobby. The gal asked if I minded waiting a few minutes as she greeted the folks and opened the door for them. I think what amazed me most was the way the staff interacted with them and the hugs & kisses that they got. During the tour - which happened at lunch - the intake gal talked about the different areas and how they were utilized by the folks who live there. She even took the information I had told her and talked about how my husband could enjoy the areas and the different activities. What surprised me the most was how happy the folks who lived there were. I'm not sure what I expected, but this wasn't what I had pictured. And every staff member that we came across during the tour stopped and took the time to say hi and introduce themselves. After the tour we went back to her office and talked some more. I asked questions and she gave answers, explanations, and suggestions. I received a packet of information to take home with me, but she first reviewed it with me. The gal explained the process that is necessary when preparing for someone to move in. As we got to the end of our meeting, I instinctively felt myself bracing for the hard sell. But it never came. Instead, she asked me a different set of questions that made me think and face reality without having it slap me in the face. That's when I knew this is where my family member needed to be. Although I didn't make a committment at that time, I got a hug. And she said she would check in with me in a few days after I had a chance to digest everything. And she did. She even sent me a cute card thanking me for coming in. After working through all of my emotions and the emotions of the rest of the family, we made the decision to move our family member into Discovery Memory Care. What I really appreciated what that she never treated my family member as a "sale" or an apartment to be rented. It was all about what was best for them - and for us. And we have never regretted our decision. Granted, there was a transition period - kind of like a honeymoon where the parties involved get to know each other. And there is no such thing as perfection. We've had a few ups and downs. But I have to say that my family member is happy and well cared for. And any issues we may have had were always addressed and resolved to our satisfaction. I have no problem recommending Discovery to others.

Posted by AlzheimersCaregiver February 14, 2012
1.0

I want to share my experience with Discovery Memory Care with you. We left my 87 year old mother at Discovery Memory Care in September 2011, since the Dungeness and Sherwood facilities in Sequim don't have space available for respite care. Each stay for mother was four days. The charge was $1,450.00, in advance. The first time we picked mother up, she was in a urine soaked Depends, and the skin on her buttocks had dry fecal matter. The second time, we found her in much worse condition. Her eyes were crusted with discharge, her lips were cracked. Her face, caked with food. She was wearing the same clothes she had on four days earlier, and a diarrhea filled Depends undergarment. I had taken in a medication to be given to her, in case of diarrhea - but they hadn't given her any of the medication. Her hands, knee and shin were badly bruised (probably from a fall). Her feet and ankles were both swollen and hard. She had reddened skin on her back and buttocks. I actually had to shower her, at the facility shower, and dress her in clean clothes before I could put her into the car to take her home. I spoke with the RN in charge of the aides who are the actual caregivers, and to the Executive Director, who apologized said "those aren't our standards." No, those aren't the standards they advertise, but it's the reality of care my mother received while at Discovery Memory Care on two occasions. The cooing, sugar coated greetings in the lobby are a act. Dont entrust them with the care of your loved one.

Posted by Wolfe January 19, 2012

My mother in law had been to a couple of places before discovery. Once there , she actually began to thrive. She's happy there, and has made many friends. They have great activities and music, and provide the care she needs. The staff has been wonderful, and understanding , in everything, helping us understand something we have never had to deal with until now. Thank you all for all the care you have given her.

Posted by mamadawg January 17, 2012

We chose Discovery because the home feels real. The atmosphere and activities seem appropriate to the real needs of the residents. The staff understands the family's needs and what we are going through. They made a difficult situation easier. From the moment my mother walked through the doors, she was treated with love, respect, care and understanding. And, a year and a half later, still is. Thank you Discovery!

Location of Discovery Memory Care

Features of Discovery Memory Care

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5