Cost

Starting at $2,880/mo. - $4,020/mo. (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Elmcroft of Saxonburg

Elmcroft of Saxonburg offers small town amenities with scenic countryside views. Shopping, restaurants, churches and a post office can all be found within a two-mile radius of the community.

Accommodations and Service

Elmcroft of Saxonburg is a senior living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Saxonburg has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Saxonburg features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Saxonburg is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Saxonburg is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Saxonburg, Pennsylvania community.

Reviews of Elmcroft of Saxonburg

Posted by Caring72346050 September 23, 2014

My visit at Elmcroft of Saxonburg went very well. The facility was newer and seemed to be cleaner. They had more people there, so they had more staff. In terms of activities, they were having a party of some sort whenever I was there. They had different size rooms. I saw the menu and it looked very good.

Posted by Caring76933250 February 01, 2014

Elmcroft is only 5 miles from my house. The staff was very accommodating. They seemed to interact really well with the patients that were walking through the hall. They know everybody's name and everybody seemed very cheerful. They invited us to eat there. They gave mom and dad something to eat. It was just very nice. They also had them interact with some of the other residents there. I was just very impressed with the place. The only problem is it's just an assisted living, so in time mom would have to find another place for skilled nursing.

Posted by Caring from Pennsylvania August 28, 2013
4.0

We chose Elmcroft for my father for the location and the price. He moved in there yesterday. The place is clean. It is well lit. It is not institutionalized. It is a cozy place to live in. The staff so far is very pleasant. In terms of activities, they have religious services, field trips once a week, card games, etc. I think they have a gardening club too. We are very pleased with this facility.

Posted by beckybeckybeckyboo October 25, 2012

My great uncle has lived in six different facilities over the past 15 years. Our main problem with previous facilities has been the lack of care and attention given to detail and privacy. His new place, Elmcroft, has been wonderful to him. Elmcroft has been the best place for my uncle since the beginning of 2004. The staff is friendly, caring, and helpful, and the facility is clean and well organized. The quality of food and care is excellent! There are also many diverse activities for the residents to participate in. I was also impressed with the location of Elmcroft. It is located in a very quaint, small town with and old-time main street full of shops and cafes. It is conveniently located next to the police station, as well as a dollar store, a few restaurants, a bakery, a doctor's office, the post office, and 3 different churches. Residents who are able to go out and explore can comfortably do so in this area. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone!

Posted by jonathan43571 September 25, 2012
4.0

This is a small, cozy, nice facility for someone looking for a quiet, family like environment. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we were there, and there seemed to be an adequate amount of staff to patients. The rooms were quite large and looked very comfortable. The building overall was very nice, although it seemed a little cold and impersonal compared to other places we visited. I would recommend this facility for someone looking for a place to put their loved ones that is looking for a smaller, more cozy and family like environment.

Posted by bethann1408 July 30, 2012
3.0

I thought this was a very nice and acceptable facility. There really wasn't anything wrong with it per se, it just wasn't as nice as some of the others that I've visited. I liked that this facility has a licensed health care director on call 24 hours a day in addition to normal staff on call. I also liked that this facility has sprinkler systems throughout, and emergency call buttons. The facility does feel very safe and secure. I also liked that this facility has a beauty shop on site; this was the only one I've seen to offer this. I also liked the big front porch with all of the rocking chairs. It looked to be a nice place for residents to relax.I didn't like a lot of the decorations throughout the facility. Compared to other sites, it felt a little cold and unpersonal, and there was a faint urine smell in the air. There also seemed to be less activities than other sites I visited. Overall, this was an acceptable facility for someone who doesn't care as much about all of the excursions or the looks of the facility.

Posted by dismayed daughter April 28, 2012

I visited while looking for a place for my Mom. Very nice Alzheimer's unit(which is what we need). Small(only 20 seniors), nice atmoshere, caring staff, gardens, and lots of activities. Pefect place for Mom, just no openings yet. My husbands Aunt volunteered here a while back, she said it was the best place she's volunteered @.

Posted by angelheart081 October 24, 2011