Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Hanna House Ridley

Posted by Caring79792950 March 27, 2014

Hanna House is a wonderful and lovely facility. It is a small home owned by a brother and a sister. She's a nurse, and they really seem to have it down pat. It is very personal care. It is very clean. The staff is very helpful, upbeat, and professional. They will always greet you when you come. They seem very organized and focused on the care of the patients. They are wonderful. Even though my brother is so dependent on his wife, he just settled in right away. He seems content there.

Posted by missing my one September 15, 2013

I had a loved one live at Hanna House for over two years. I would really recommend their services to anyone whom is trying to deal with someone with dementia. The owner is so knowledgeable about the disease and the medications. It is a charming quiet home, nicely appointed and clean

Posted by Caring Also September 15, 2013

I had a loved one who resided at Hanna House. This care facility not only met all my needs, but exceeded my expectations. The owners have been in business for over 20 years and know what they are doing. The place is clean enough to be healthy. It is moderately decorated and kept nicely. No place is perfect, but the management and the staff at this place have their hearts in the right place.

Posted by anne n.1 May 08, 2012

Long-term residential care for those with dementia is difficult to find for loved-ones. Many families struggle with this issue, and priorities regarding the physical nature of the facility, medical oversight, caregiver availability and training, and expectations for individualized attention can be different for everyone. No facilities seem to fulfill all our possible expectations equally. My brother has resided at this home for the last year, and we are very pleased. The personal attention by the compassionate caregivers (who remain without turnover and well-trained and supervised) is very appreciated. The medical oversight by an intelligent RN on the premises is also very significant. The good organization for the daily care, meals, social interactions, medication administration, and facility upkeep is clear. We are fond of the quiet country setting, while at the same time we appreciate it being located so centrally in the city and proximal to necessary medical centers and shopping, etc. We believe the hands-on efforts of the family who own and operate this facility, make for a more humane and comfortable option for the debilitated individuals who reside here.

Posted by unicycle August 27, 2011
4.0

Hanna House residents have fairly severe cognitive deficits, and require significant personal assistance and care. The owners of this facility are very personally involved, and try to individualize care. Their staff seem compassionate and hard working, and the residence is kept very clean and orderly. The home is centrally located in Santa Rosa, but at the end of a quiet lane in a country setting. Since a nurse manages the residence, medical care and medications are kept current and appropriate for each resident, and communication with medical providers is excellent. Residential care for those with dementia and other cognitive disorders is often very depressing. This is one of the better options available, largely because of the "hands on" participation of the owners, who obviously have a vested interest in the quality of care for each resident.

Posted by thoughtful1 May 23, 2011
1.0

Hanna House caters to low-functioning dementia patients, and it's one of the most depressing places you'd ever see. It's in central Santa Rosa, not very pretty, in a less desirable part of town.

Every time I've been there, I see the same thing: 20 people or so sitting in the living room, totally out of it. And it always smells like urine.

Much of the staff has limited English language ability and don't impart caring or attentiveness. The owner is a nurse, and she's a good nurse. She's a loving person and cares for her patients. But that doesn't seem to translate to how the place is run.

It is more affordable than some of the other larger facilities.

Posted by Nicole-2 February 24, 2009

My loved one stayed here

Hanna House is a wonderful, caring environment for any loved one with dementia. The owners, David and Karrie Hanna, care for each resident like they were their own mother or father. The home is kept clean and attractive, the staff is cheery and attentive, and the overall living environment is warm and loving.

Location of Hanna House Ridley