Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Pacific Gardens

Pacific Gardens, a retirement community specifically designed for senior living. Centrally located in a residential neighborhood of Santa Clara, California there is easy access from Highways 101, 280 and Lawrence Expressway. That makes it just 10-15 minutes away from San Jose, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Mountain View, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Campbell, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and Los Altos Hills. We are conveniently situated near Kaiser, El Camino, O’Connor and Good Samaritan hospitals, medical offices, shopping and restaurants as well.

Reviews of Pacific Gardens

Posted by Caring73595350 October 30, 2013
4.0

Pacific Gardens looked like a real nice facility. It looked like they had a lot of activities going on for the people. They had a real garden area outside that they could do stuff in. The people that we had contact with were very nice, very professional and very thorough with their explanation. I think their prices were not as inexpensive we thought it was going to be.

Posted by Janet26 August 11, 2013

Mom is at Pacific Gardens and everybody there is very kind. The staff are very attentive to the residents as much as they can. They seem to care about the residents that they take care of. They are very busy and competent. My mother has a studio apartment there. It is very nice and suitable to her needs. It has a bathroom and a small kitchenette. It has twin bed and a small area where she can have her recliner and table. They supplied some of the furniture and we brought some also. I think its very nice that they provide her with a flat screen TV when I said that my mother wants her television set and they said they will give her one. I have eaten in the dining hall with her when there are occasions and the food is good. It think my mom is healthier and happier there. I will recommend it to others.

Posted by Caring060507193 July 25, 2013
4.0

My father-in-law is now staying in Pacific Gardens. It is a nice and clean facility. It is rather expensive though. The people are nice and the nurses are really attentive. They have many activities for their residents. They have bingo, game nights, and movie nights. They also have some outings but my father-in-law is not able to go because he has dementia, so he is more of a lockdown situation where he is not able to go around and out by himself. What I don't like about this facility is that they seem to serve a lot of hotdogs and fastfood types of things. Every time we go there for lunch, it seems like my father-in-law is eating a hotdog. I think for the price that they are charging, they shouldn't be serving them hotdogs for lunch. They should be getting salads and more healthy foods. Also their people need to be more attentive as to who is coming in and going out. My father-in-law was outside a couple of times walking around by himself and they didn't even know he left the facility.

Posted by Caring06161 July 25, 2013
4.0

My parents are now in an assisted living facility called Pacific Gardens. This facility also specializes in Alzheimer's and memory care. We chose this facility because it was close to our homes. All three of us children are living in Santa Clara, so that was one factor. It also came highly recommended when I went online to see the feedback of other people. Their feedback was really good. I also like their staff there. They are just incredible. My dad had a hard time when he first went in because it was a big change for him, yet they were so patient with him. Everybody has been really kind to my mom and dad. They are also willing to help us take care of our parents. With regard to food though, it took them awhile to get used to it but now they have their favorites. They are pretty happy with the food now and they don't want to miss a meal. They also have a very nice dining room. My parents are in a one-bedroom apartment that has a living area and a bedroom. It is really not a large apartment, but the idea is to get them out and get them involved with other people in the little community there. I don't want them to be stuck in their apartment because that what they would have done if I have moved them in anything bigger. The facility also offers a good array of activities. They have bingos. They have a little movie theater there where they can go and watch a movie. They also take them on scenic drives. On certain days, they take them out to stores. They also take them to their doctor's appointments. The only thing I think they could improve on is having more activities for their residents.

Posted by CaringD July 12, 2013
3.0

I got to visit Pacific Gardens Assisted Living for my mom. It is just not as elegant as to where she is right now, but I think it is a good place. The people were loving and absolutely accommodating. I also know they have some really good programs there.

Posted by Lynda6 July 11, 2013

I liked Pacific Gardens because it was smaller than the other place I visited but it was full though. The staff seemed engaged and very professional, They have a lot of activities. The rooms are nice and furnished and it was a little bit more homey than the other ones.

Posted by Sherry17 June 15, 2013

My mother has been living in Pacific Gardens since March. It's like a home only better. The staff are very nice. Mother has great activities there and the food is good. I think it's an excellent facility.

Posted by 2dDaughter December 27, 2012

My mother moved to assisted living in her early 90s. A friend of hers also moved to PG. The staff worked to help them each stay independent as long as possible. At 95 Mom is now in the Memory Care Unit receiving Hospice Care. Some of the aides caring for her have known her since she moved there. I have been impressed with the consistent concern for the residents' welfare. Of course over the years there have been hiccups, but that's a natural part of life. Staff is helpful alnd responsive to family concerns. They continue to update resources available to residents. They recently added a Wii activity center and transformed a little used lounge to a screening room with monster screen & individual leather seats.

Posted by ClinicalSocialWorker5 June 02, 2011

Large, incredibly beautiful building, designed with outside light in mind. The location is also in a good, easily accessible area, with a lot of trees and landscaping. The founder works there and is very involved in overseeing the care and comfort at the place. The rooms are nice"”not sterile, and painted nicely, with comforting details. Really good food"”healthy and prepared by chefs onsite. There are dining rooms, and three meals a day available. There is a spacious outside area for residents to gather and walk around in, and an exercise room staffed by physical therapists. There are also a lot of scheduled activities for residents"”including pet therapy, indoor bowling, supervised walks, and crafts. Computer equipment is also provided for residents to use. There is a memory care unit, with very well trained staff who understand how to interact with the residents there and who provide appropriate activities and care.

Posted by BarbaraWilcox May 19, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My former English teacher lives here, and I've visited her many times. She is 92 and very happy here. In fact, she runs a monthly book group for former students in one of the very pleasant lounge areas here. When you walk in the door, you're greeted by music by Frank Sinatra. The decor is that of a four-star hotel, and the food is tasty and sophisticated. I've eaten in the dining room several times and never felt that I was getting institutional food. The individual units (studios and one-bedrooms) have fridges, kitchen sinks, bathrooms and microwaves. My friend furnished hers with things from her former apartment, but the units come furnished as well. Staff is energetic and the turnover rate is very low. My friend loves the staff and is tutoring a couple of them in literature (every staffer I've met here speaks English well). A van is available to take residents grocery shopping, to the bank, etc. There is a separate dementia facility.

Location of Pacific Gardens

Features of Pacific Gardens

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5