Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Tamalpais
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Caring79119350 March 28, 2014
3.0

Tamalpais had redone their lobby, and I didn't like the way it was done. It previously was dated, but it was done in good taste. And after they redid the lobby, it looked like Macy's basement. It's new, but it's badly done. Their elevators are plastic. I have friends there, but I don't like it. They've got a nice pool, but the surroundings are so tacky. I couldn't stand living there, even though they're such nice people, awfully nice people in a nice place.

I couldn't find anything to eat except a bacon-less tomato sandwich. The chicken was just cooked to death. Not everybody likes the same kind of food. Fresh fruit and everything was very nice, but everything else just was unacceptable. The rooms were so widely diverse, so some of them are very nice. In general, I like the setup, nice high ceilings, but I don't like it.

Tamalpais
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by idle_idol July 29, 2013

My parents live here and they LOVE IT! Dad's health has been failing, but Mom is doing quite well. So She has committees she serves on, and Dad has bridge games. There are cultural events and sports and everything you can imagine: weight room, tech center, lending library, art room, beauty salon, etc There is so much for residents to do, or not do, depending on their desires.

The food is very good. You can dine in the dining room - full service; or in the buffet area. They also have foods you can take up to your apartment and keep there. Delivery to your room is also available for a fee or if your doctor says you need it.

The Bel Air mall is just down the hill and there are daily shuttles so you can get anything you need. Services are also brought in: jewelry repair, financial services.

The health care is exceptional and all inclusive. Dad went to the hospital last year and the Tam took care of everything, transport for Dad, transport for my Mom to visit him, long term after care so he didn't try to get back to his old life before he was ready. Best of all no bills! The staff handles everything.

Moving here was the BEST decision my parents ever made. I don't fret at all about them because I know they are in such good hands.

Location of Tamalpais