Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay

The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay in St. Petersburg, FL is a rental retirement community offering Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care on 14 tropically landscaped acres with a heated outdoor pool, private fishing pier, outdoor gardening areas, nature paths and a state-of-the-art movie theater. Choose a spacious and bright studio, one- or two-bedroom apartment, overlooking the sun-dappled water of Boca Ciega Bay or the twinkling city lights of St. Petersburg. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. The Fountains offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community. Florida Assisted Living License #0083.

The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay Ameneties

• Nature paths
  • State-of-the-art movie theater
  • Soda fountain

The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay Services

• Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational and spiritual programs
  • 24-hour concierge service
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Valet parking
  • The Best Move for Your Life and move-in coordination service
  • LIFEtrax Health and Wellness Services
  • Fitness programs include regularly scheduled exercise classes, walking programs and water aerobics classes
  • Alternative medicine programs such as message therapy, tai chi and yoga
  • Fitness lectures
  • Preventative health screenings
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Reviews of The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay

Posted by Caring90569650 July 30, 2014
3.0

We checked out the Fountains, and the apartments were very spacious and very nice. When I first walked in, it was a beautiful location, but as we got into it, it appeared somewhat beaten. The apartments were much smaller and dingier than I expected. It was kind of dated. I wasn't too impressed.

Wonderful program and activities. The view was the best thing that they had going for them, but it has a very small pool. There were amenities there as well, but a little more dated. I was concerned about the fact that they only had 2 elevators, and they were old, so in terms of evacuation or emergency-type of thing, that would concern me.

Posted by zapo0559 May 24, 2014

A huge disaster!

This facility was too large, confusing, pricey for us! Very unorganized and the tour focused on our income and finances.

Posted by Ruth29 March 30, 2014
2.0

My mom lived at The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay for two years before. Part of it was nice. It was not built for the handicapped; the hallways are very narrow, the bathroom is very small, and all you can do is get a wheelchair into the bathroom, but no aide. It was retrofitted to become assisted living, and it really isn't suitable. There are two very small elevators for twenty-three floors, so there are times when you have to wait for an elevator, seriously, up to an hour. It was very bad. I had big issues with mold in the apartment that I had to continually ask them to get cleaned out. It was a big issue with their air conditioners – black mold, not very healthy. My mom has asthma, so I had a lot of issues there. Then, I had some issue with bruising on my mom's arms that were clearly fingerprints, so I moved her out. The problem was, I never saw management on the floor ever. There was very little supervision of what the aides were doing in the residents' rooms, and I don't think it was the aides' fault. They were way understaffed. There were days that one aide has seventeen, thirteen, fifteen people to take care of, and that is just too many. But I did notice that the aides were sometimes not very pleasant to some of the residents. I know it is hard work because the residents can be abusive too, but there were a couple of circumstances that really made me very uncomfortable with some of the aides there.

Posted by Dick6 March 29, 2014

The amenities at The Fountains are very nice but right now, I can't afford the luxury that the people set in there. They have all kinds of activities. They have something social twice a week. I go to one or two of their functions that they have and it's very good. The rooms are fine.

Posted by Caring78117850 February 13, 2014
4.0

The fountains was my number one choice before my dad had a stroke. It was a beautiful property with a beautiful view and it was very well maintained and updated. You didn’t feel like you were in an old folk’s home. Steve was awesome and he was very helpful. I got to see the actual room that my dad was going to get into. The food was awesome and I was really surprised that it was very flavorful.

Posted by Caring75509850 December 31, 2013
4.0

I was at The Fountains when I had a knee operation for rehab. I found everything is organized. It's a beautiful spot. They seemed to take care of their people and anybody I've met there was very nice – all the staff. They are very friendly and accommodating. The food was also delicious. Their rehab center just needs modernization. There are some things that are pretty worn out already, but overall the environment is pretty attractive.

Posted by Tom39 November 27, 2013
2.0

I'm in The Fountains and I want to get out of here. I've been here about four months and my money is gone. The rooms and the staff are pretty good and they have all kinds of activities. The food fluctuates. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's really bad. Their idea of preparation and mine just don't match. Right now we're waiting for supper and it doesn't look like we're going to get it. We called to have them bring it up and it's supposed to have been here somewhere between 4:00 and 5:00 and it's still not here. Last night, we ordered for two people and got food for one. In the bathroom we have a commode. They have to pour it twice and it's aggravating stuff but mainly the price is just ridiculous.

Posted by Caring73596850 November 22, 2013

My father is in the senior living facility at The Fountains. My sister pick it because it also has assisted living. So, as my father declines, he will be able to make a transition to the assisted living. My father likes it. It is a really big facility and he likes the activities. They have bingo and poker. They have a big auditorium where they actually play movies. My niece describes it as "it looks like a movie theater". They have outings to restaurants and stores.

Posted by Lisa37 September 30, 2013
4.0

We visited The Fountains for a relative. They did have memory care. It was a really nice facility. The people were nice as well. Overall, it was a fine facility, but it was rather far from us, location-wise.

Posted by scb August 12, 2013
1.0

My Mom had been in a skilled nursing center for 3 months and needed to move to an ALF prior to going home to assist with daily living needs and determine if she is capable of caring for herself. We opted to use the 30 days respite room available and pay for the additional daily living expenses for assistance with bathing, personal laundry, medication and 3 meals a day. The place seemed well run, the staff returned calls quickly, and the 2 tours were great and the residents friendly. Perfect place for my Mom to flourish, finish regaining her strength and consider moving to permanently.

After moving in she has been told since she’s in a guest/respite suite, they won’t assist her on a routine basis for bathing. In the 12 days here, she’s had assistance twice in bathing. Simple things like helping her wash her feet, even every other day go without assistance. She smelled so bad when I entered her room that I helped her bath. She can’t get her personal laundry done, I’ve have to take it home to ensure she has clean clothes. She’s restricted to the ALF dining room and the food is always cold. She’s asked for hot food but it’s not forthcoming. At shift change someone is supposed to make sure she okay, doesn’t always happen. Calls to the nursing staff to get the assistance we signed up for go unanswered.

However, I can say the staff is always friendly, appears to be caring, (but doesn’t follow through.) The activity rooms are nice and well maintained. My Mom loved the church service and has had no issues with the transportation provided to visit her doctors.

My Mom is of sharp mind, but failing body, so I hear and see what she is saying. These are the things that as her daughter she’ll tell me about, it makes me wonder what she isn’t saying. I’m embarrassed and disappointed to say that my Mom is staying at The Fountains.

Posted by Theresa6 June 07, 2013
1.0

The Fountains was awful. The living areas were dirty. They were understaffed. There's no coordination between each shift. If something happens on one shift, the next shift comes in and they know nothing. Their management is only looking at how much they can make off of everybody and their financial structure is not sound.

Posted by Roger4 April 30, 2013

It is a much older facility, twenty-five stories high. They have done a lot of remodeling. One thing that they do lack is a kitchenette area. They don't have a stove and they only provide two meals a day. Their food is very, very good. The staff are very warm and friendly. It has some beautiful views from the upper floors. But basically, the reason we did not choose this is the distance between this facility and my daughter is a little too far for us to drive on a regular basis. We have a friend who lives in this facility and she's very happy and she likes it very much. If only this facility is where my daughter lives, we probably would have chosen this.

Posted by Sarah, C September 13, 2012
4.0

I went to visit this facility one day to visit my friend's grandfather. He lived there for only a few years and didn't speak very much so we went to go visit him to brighten his spirits. We expected to see a dreary facility full of grumpy employees that really didn't care about any of the residents. We were very wrong! The residents seem rather pleasant and actually like and appreciate the employees that they encounter on a daily basis. The employees do their best to cater to the needs of every resident in an orderly fashion. It is rather impressive to see just how well they keep everyone accomodated. Meals are arranged on time and medications are dispersed evenly. After seeing some very "run-down" facilities we were utterly over-joyed to see this one. They couldn't do a better job doing what they do! It's a wonderful place! I have suggested this facility to many of my coworkers and will continue to do so!

Posted by escowler June 22, 2012
1.0

My grandparents lived at The Fountains for a while before my grandfather passed away. The facility is only okay. The problem is the lack of care and the rampant theft. I sat with my grandparents a few times during the day and no one came to their room to check on them for hours at a time (6 to 8). There was no one nearby and no one but the front desk to contact. Before they moved in, I was told that they would have assistance twice a week for showers then when they moved in we were told it was only once a week. The theft began right at the beginning. My grandmother would have money in her purse when she went to sleep and it would be gone in the morning. When I complained they just insisted that she had spent it even though it happened over and over again. They also stole her Depends and Boost drink supplement. We can only figure that they sold them to other residents since one of the caregivers asked my grandparents if they'd like them to pick some up when they ran out. When I complained nothing happened. I finally bought a locking cabinet...that slowed them down but once they found the key on Gram's keyring, the stuff starting disappearing again. That's when I moved her. I've known several people who had similar experiences and now have their family members in other ALFs.

Posted by caring6011 June 05, 2012
4.0

One of the things why we chose The Fountains was because my friend's doctor had suggested that she swim for exercise. She's got some problems with walking and so they actually have a pool there. They were the only ones in the area that had a pool. Also, they had an independent living section and that's really what she needs at this point. She checked out maybe 4 facilities and the others had just assisted, and you had to go directly into assisted living. The Fountains seemed to be a little more active.

The pool was good in this case simply because the doctor had suggested the water exercise. But compared to other places, they did have the independent aspect and that was cheaper! That made a big difference because many of the places were out of her budget. They let us have lunch there and the food was very nice. Well, they kind of have a couple of choices with their meals as well.

Posted by blue_water22 May 30, 2012
4.0

The place was very nice. Staff was friendly. There we several daily, weekly activities she could do. The food was also very good and she always comments on how well everything tastes. The only complaint we have is that the pool and recreational area was a little far away from her unit and she isn't able to walk to it by herself. We have requested a unit closer for her if one becomes available.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd May 03, 2012

We decided to visit The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay assisted living facility as we really liked the Fort Myers area and it is convenient for my friend's mother's family.

The building appeared very well maintained. As a full-service, safe high-rise building, the views of the city were stunning. The accommodations resembled what could be found in a high-end hotel - with even more amenities.

The outer grounds featured a lovely courtyard with exotic palm trees and ponds, with nice seating areas to enjoy. The design and decor had an open-air feel. There is an inside movie house, general store, beauty salon and soda fountain.

The dining rooms were beautiful. The high ceilings and chandeliers added a level of elegance rarely seen in an assisted living facility. The many activity rooms and lounges were all nicely decorated.

The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV - some people were also using computers. They also have a billiards room and many other amenities.

The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory - to people who have memory issues.

The living spaces were well-designed and spacious.There is plenty of professional, yet friendly staff to take care of basic needs. All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too.

The outside activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, and the public library to day trips to nearby regions.

They have planned exercise classes - but also offer residents to work out any time they wish. We liked that they encourage exercise. There was also a heated outdoor pool, fishing pier and many outdoor gardening areas with beautiful nature paths for the residents to enjoy.

We are glad we took the time to look at this facility and it is in the running as one of the better places we visited in the region so far. Anyone who lived in this environment is sure to be quite content with many amenities and all of their needs met.

Location of The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay