Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Rockdale Community Assisted Living
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by jsthompson January 20, 2012
4.0

Before she passed away, my great-grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and as her disease progressed, she was unable to live on her own any longer. Unfortunately, she refused to move in with family, insisting she was still completely capable of taking care of her; she was a very proud woman and refused to be "treated as a child" we would often hear her put it. We hired a nurse to provide her home care, but eventually things reached a point where even that would not suffice; with no other choice, we had to move her to the assisted living center closest to her house.While we were expecting the worst at first, my great-grandmother's stay at Rockdale was actually quite enjoyable as she told us. She would always tell us the nurses were very friendly, even at times when we she knew she had problems; one nurse would even play cards with her on a regular basis after she had lunch. While my grandmother primarily stayed in her room, there did seem to be quite a few things for her to do in an open recreation area if she so wished. However, the thing which gave us the most piece of mind was just how close it was to the Richards Hospital.My grandmother lived out her final days at the home in relative peace and comfort, and my family rest well knowing how well she was taken care of. The only complaint I'd ever heard about Rockdale was how it was located in a very urban looking area; my grandmother - born and raise in a very rural setting - would often be confused what she was now doing in the middle of a city.

Rockdale Community Assisted Living
Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd January 12, 2012
4.0

The Rockdale Community Assisted Living facility was one we decided to visit while on our search for a place for our uncle. It looked very nice from the outside and well kept. The greenery was lush and there were plentiful seating areas for all to enjoy.

The staff was very kind to us and we could see how well the residents were treated, as well. There were varied types of residents there -- from those who were fully ambulatory to those who needed more assistance.

The main rooms were all well designed and seemed to have some really interesting activities -- from cards to general socializing and enjoying a movie. Some residents had friends and family gathered. The residents are also taken out weekly to various events around the city and visit the library and cultural centers regularly.

The dining rooms were nice -- bright, airy and cheerful. They looked like a really nice place to eat -- and the food looked delicious. The appetizing and nutritious snacks are offered any time the residents would like them, as well as at various times of the day.

This is a great assisted living facility with kind and caring staff and a very nice environment for the residents.

Location of Rockdale Community Assisted Living