Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Our Lady of Hope

Our Lady of Hope
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by pop3254 March 10, 2012

I visited Our Lady of Hope for a community service project. This nursing home had state of the art facilities. Everything seemed to be brand new. The rooms that I visited were clean devoid of any dust. The rooms and hallways were spacious and filled with lush carpets that were soft on the feet. The rooms were airy and bright, allowing residents to enjoy the warm sunshine. There were innumerable activities available for the residents depending on their interests. When I was there, the residents had the opportunity to play Bingo, enjoy the outdoors, or listen to music. The staff was friendly and courteous, which makes living at the nursing home enjoyable and stress free. Overall, the place did not seem like a nursing home. Instead, it felt like a vacation home. I would definitely recommend Our Lady of Hope to anyone who is looking for a nursing home suitable of caring for his or her loved ones.

Our Lady of Hope
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by SnoopyRold June 05, 2011
4.0

Friend or relative of resident

When my mother was hospitalized for pneumonia, it became clear that she needed to live in a more supportive environment where someone would be around to keep an eye on her physical and emotional health. After visiting several assisted living communities in my area, I decided on Our Lady of Hope, which is affiliated with the Catholic diocese. When I first walked through the doors, I was struck by the patterned wallpaper and the cleanliness of the facility. It truly seemed like "home," and I felt sure that my mother would feel comfortable in this environment.

Our Lady of Hope has several levels of care and a number of different room layouts, including those which are dedicated to short-term rehab. Residents can start out in assisted living with a fairly full schedule of activities, or they may transition to the health care wing and/or the Christopher Pavillion, which houses the dementia and Alzheimers patients.

In addition to having a very large staff of medical professionals, Our Lady of Hope boasts an on-site Chaplain, an activities director, a registered dietician, a beauty salon and much much more.

Our Lady of Hope is one of the better facilities in the greater Richmond area. You have a lot of choices, which makes it seem like "home" instead of an institution. The connection with the church adds a spiritual component that is so important to those in the twilight of their years. My mother's mood and spirits are so much brighter since she moved to Our Lady of Hope.

Location of Our Lady of Hope

Features of Our Lady of Hope

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7