Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise of Raleigh

Just minutes from Crabtree Valley Mall, Sunrise of Raleigh is Raleigh's "castle on the hill." We pride ourselves in our individualized care, home-like setting and long-term staff members.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Reviews of Sunrise of Raleigh

Posted by jamesmays May 28, 2014
1.0

My mother lived on one of the Reminiscence floors last year, and to say it was a negative experience would be an understatement. Staff did not adequately check on her, on several occasions I showed up and she was in her room, alone, and had been sitting in her own feces for god knows how long. She required a lot of care and because of this it seemed like she was almost "ignored" by a lot of the staff, almost a feeling like she was just a massive "burden" for them.

On SEVERAL occasions I tried speaking with the Reminiscence Coordinator and she was extremely difficult to deal with, smiled at first and told me whatever just to get me out of her office, but later on it became clear that she didn't care about our concerns about my mother or my mothers well being. At first she would promise the world, but when I would comeback to follow up on things we had discussed months prior, there always seemed to be an excuse as to why it hadn't happened yet (it took forever for them to change my mothers diet). They will smile and tell you everything you want to hear, but when it comes down to it, as soon as you walk out of that door, the attention and care being given or shown to your loved one drastically decreases.

I had several issues with management and there was such a high turnover rate for a lot of their jobs at Sunrise Of Raleigh that they didn't even have a Facility Director for almost an entire YEAR, which didn't help when I was dealing with the Reminiscence Coordinator, because she didn't have to worry about answering to anybody.

They do have some good Care Managers and Activity workers, but it is blatantly obvious that the Care Managers are overworked. It became clear to my family and I that my mothers overall health and well being was not what mattered most to the Reminiscence Coordinator and many members of the Reminiscence staff. She seemed much more concerned about getting us out of her office than truly listening to our concerns about the quality of care that they were giving my mother.

Unless they have changed management I recommend that you look elsewhere for a Reminiscence facility for your loved one.

Posted by Janice36 April 25, 2014
4.0

My mother needed more care than Sunrise of Raleigh was able to give her, finally. She was there for about 2 years, and then she was too disabled for assisted living. She had fallen, broken her hip and shoulder, couldn't see and walk. They could not come and take care of her every time she needed to go to the bathroom. They were very good with her, but they could not give her the personal care that she needed. It was not their fault; it was the nature of the service they offered. I had gone and visited my mother until she died near Christmas time last year. She had a lovely room. She had a bedroom, sitting room, and a bathroom. It couldn't be nicer. They had a lovely backyard as well. You could come, watch, and describe the birds with her there. Food was very good too. They had entertainment. They would help her draw or paint because she loved those things. But I was not happy with the way they explained to us that she had to leave. They didn't explain it so that we understood that it was not her fault or their fault; it's just a situation that had to change for her good. We got a little angry; my brother and I just felt that she was being tossed away and not being cared for, but that was not the truth. I don’t know why they did it that way, but it was just a communication problem in the end.

Posted by Caring76438350 December 28, 2013
4.0

My visit with Sunrise was very positive and I was very impressed with it. I visited the rooms and I thought that was my biggest concern because they had the smallest rooms. It was a small studio apartment and there wasn't like a small kitchenette or a separate living room area from the bedroom. It was kind of all in one. However, I liked that it was homey and personal. I also liked the Asian place scenario. I knew somebody whose parents were there and they praised it

Posted by acw1 December 04, 2012

I was very impressed by this assisted living facility. It is a private pay only facility with excellent amenities including a separate area for residents with dementia. The building itself is beautiful. Each room is personalized and unique, with a space by each room for personal items. There is no institutional feel, rather, you feel as if you are in a private home, due to the design and decorations. The layout of the building is straightforward, but there are no long hallways and no obvious nurses stations. Each resident has a person assigned to them to make sure their needs are well met.Other positives - it's right by Crabtree mall for easy shopping and dining. And Rex hospital is right down the road also. The only downsides are a somewhat a la cart approach to billing which can add up quickly. Also, the food was fantastic, but service at mealtimes could be improved upon. During the meal when I visited, residents were trying to request desserts, but there was insufficient staff to meet requests promptly.

Posted by RWStein September 27, 2012
4.0

I have been to this facility several times to visit my mother. They are careful and polite but I'm not real happy about the facility friendliness. I honestly believe they could do more to make my mom's stay better. Their emergency procedures are great and they have certified medical staff! Their community involvement is good too - I just think that their friendliness is a bit lacking. They have wonderful staff and very experienced staff - It's just that I always feel like they just feel like they are there to get a job don and don't take a personal interest in my mom. I am happy with the health monitoring she gets and I am happy with the professionalism - just not so happy with the friendliness.

Posted by jgflea May 20, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My mother in law is a current resident of the Alzheimer's unit at this facility. While the reason she stays here is sad for the entire family, we could not ask for a better place for her to live. Not only is the facility extremely nice and clean, the staff seems to truly care and they take every measure to care for and protect the patients. Even though my mother in law does not always remember things, the staff goes out of their way to get her hair done, help her with makeup and even paint her nails. The facility brings in a variety of entertainers for the patient's enjoyment almost every day. The facility is well maintained and very clean. If you know of anyone who suffers from Alzheimer's, this is definitely a great place for them to live.

Location of Sunrise of Raleigh

Features of Sunrise of Raleigh

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24-hour security gate