Cost

Starting at $2,850/mo.; $3,750/mo. (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Churchland House

Nestled in a well-established residential neighborhood in Portsmouth, Churchland House has truly become a home away from home for many longtime area residents looking for extra care in a familiar setting. Churchland House stands in a quiet, but convenient location- surrounded by four major churches, several modern shopping centers and a YMCA that caters to seniors. Also nearby are Maryview Medical Center and its Health Center at Harbor View, plus a wide variety of other doctor's offices.

For residents throughout Churchland House, we provide the services required for residents to carry out the activities of daily living. With sensitivity and respect, we help with bathing, dressing, meals and exercise. Therapy programs and outside home care are also available.Our experienced staff prepares meals and snacks, which are served in an elegant dining room.

Housekeeping, linen services, transportation arrangements and many other needs are taken care of by our attentive and courteous staff.

Centrally located in the heart of Churchland. Close to interstate, shopping and places of worship.

Reviews of Churchland House

Posted by Caring85620150 July 03, 2014
3.0

I would give you a negative review on this place. I hate to do this to them because some people were very happy with them. I was not. I didn't like the staff. I didn't like the set up of the facility. It was clean, though. The room was spacious. Their food and dining room was fine. They do have activities but not as much as the other facilities. If your loved one is almost ready for nursing care, then this place is for them.

Posted by Caring81967550 April 12, 2014
1.0

When I walked in at Churchland House, I felt a dark mood. In talking with the administrator, I felt that everything there was done for a price. I heard nothing about loving the people and caring for the people. I would not go there to live.

Posted by Jmccr July 16, 2013
1.0

i wish I could give them a zero rating. Nasty, uncaring staff. Food you wouldn't serve your dog. In fact, I would not leave my dog there. Management only cares about getting their money.

Posted by Caring2640 May 31, 2013
4.0

Churchland House was nice and clean. The staff were really nice to mom and helpful to me. She didn't get the love and attention that she got in the other facilities. The facility was very attractive, large and roomy with good-size rooms. It's just that I couldn't afford to keep my mom there.

Posted by Satisfied Significant Others December 27, 2012

I can see a lot of interest and sincerity among the people in Churchland House. Everyone I saw there were caring and genuine for the individuals living there. They have entertainment, they have people coming in to socialize with them and they also have a lot of activities. But mostly it's the sincere caregiving. It seems like most of them have a calling to do that. It's expensive like every place is, but she's quite happy and that's number one priority. But it would be great if they could lower the price.

Posted by eppersonka July 11, 2012
4.0

Churchland house is a nice facility overall. The landscaping and physical environment is attractive to the eyes and easy for residents to walk around on. Most of the nurses are very nice and very helpful to both residents and visitors alike. I have only had one bad experience, when one nurse got rude towards another visitor who was trying to visit the lockdown side of Churchland House and forgot to check in first. Overall, the residents seem very well cared for; the nurses are very sweet to the residents and very accommodating. I have also been on tour of the Churchland House in the lockdown section; residents there seem very comfortable, with their nurses accommodating each of them as much as necessary. As long as everyone follows the rules (checking in and out, for visitors, and adhering to curfews and medications, for residents), the place seems to be very peaceful for everyone.

Location of Churchland House

Features of Churchland House

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,850
  • Highest monthly rate: 5,100
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 3,750

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5