Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie

Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Port Lucie, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Port Lucie, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Reviews of Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie

Posted by Theresa20 June 27, 2014

Some rooms are small, like 600 sq. feet for a living room with a bedroom and a kitchen all cramped in there. They're always neat and clean. They had us for lunch. It was very good.

Posted by Caring86302850 June 19, 2014
4.0

Me and my sister visited Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie. I would consider this facility if had it not been far from my mom's doctors. They have studios with various sizes. They involve the residents in various activities, like they have a theme for the month and the residents can contribute their own items to go with the theme.

Posted by Sisters5263 January 17, 2014

Our mother has been in the Memory Care facility at Horizon Bay in Port St. Lucie for a little over 6 weeks now and we are truly blessed to have found such a wonderful and caring environment for her. The caregivers are true professionals and are so very kind to the residents and are able to deal with all types and levels of dementia. The rooms are well maintained and the personal attention to detail for each person and their daily needs and environment is wonderful. We are very comfortable having Mom share her life with all of these caring professionals. The nursing staff is well trained , there are plenty of fun activities to keep her active and she loves the meals and the new friends she is making. The entire staff has gone out of its way to make Mom's transition as easy as possible. For loving and dignified care with respect for the person in a calm and pleasant environment, we could not recommend any place better than Horizon Bay in Port St. Lucie.

Posted by Rick14 December 02, 2013
4.0

Horizon Bay wasn't quite as "fancy" but it was fine. The other ones seemed like multiple story buildings and kind of like a hotel. Horizon Bay was all ground floors and a little bit smaller facility, but it was very pleasant. You can even have a small pet with you there. The dining area seemed fine and they did offer good meal choices. The rooms were set up similarly to the other facilities, and they were just in a single-story structure but they were nice. The staff seemed very open and friendly to have people visit the facility. I like that about them. I don't think I would have any problem with my mom staying in this type of facility.

Posted by Caring72722850 November 27, 2013

Horizon Bay was expensive, but it's a very nice facility. It was well appointed and had very pretty landscaping. It just seemed very luxurious. The staff there was a little busier. It took them a little longer to get to you, but they were still very polite and very nice. They had games, movie nights, and pizza nights. They had field trips, bingo, and areas for advanced people to play.

Posted by Caring68825350 October 31, 2013

The staff and the rooms were pretty nice at Horizon Bay. The people who lived there seemed happy and had no complaints.

Posted by Ava7 May 31, 2013

I am satisfied with everything about Horizon Bay. The staff are very pleasant and they do their work the way they're supposed to. My mother seems to be happy there. The rooms are very nice, too. It's just 10 minutes from where I live. The only complaint we have is that the smoking area is not being enforced. My whole family are non-smokers, and they have a front porch that you walk through to go for the front door. There's just a few handful of residents there who are smoking, but they sit at the front door and smoke all the time although they're supposed to be down at the end. They could also improve a little more on the organization like with the schedule of showers. They can't quite get it straightened.

Posted by Judith7 May 29, 2013
2.0

I moved into Horizon Bay but I don't like it. When I saw this place, it seemed nice but I didn't see that everything was wrong until I got here. The place is pretty clean and the residents are very nice but the food stinks. I have food in my apartment; I have to get my own because I can't eat their food. Their food is just all blended together and it's just horrible. I'm not the only one who doesn't like the food. I've complained about this to the management but they don't do anything about anything. They don't mind the food. I won't recommend this to other people. They won't tell the people who come here too look. They keep them away from the residents. The residents never get to meet the prospective clients. They tell them whatever kind of stuff they tell them, they just find about out about it later. The prospective clients need to mingle and speak with the residents.

Posted by caring9061 September 08, 2012

Horizon Bay is a much nicer facility. The people were very much eager to help and they followed up with me. It's very clean and well kept.

Posted by Michael_d July 25, 2012
3.0

I found this facility to not treat the elderly as they should be treated. You would see multiple paitients who obviously needed assistiance who would not be given any help, workers let them go days without taking baths (those who needed sponge baths) at the time when my grandmother knew what she was doing, before she got demensia, she would tell me that they treated her fine, just needed some more care.

Posted by nicole772 May 30, 2012
3.0

The Staff are great and friendly. Food was pretty decent, not as many amenities as I thought there would be, but I suppose I was thinking of like a boys and girls club rather than a assisted living facility. All and All it was a pretty decent place when you walk in it is very clean set up very nice tons of plants and other homie feeling articles rather than blank hallways and boring rooms.

Location of Horizon Bay - Port St. Lucie