Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise of McCandless

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise of McCandless offers an innovative Reminiscence Neighborhood which addresses the unique needs of residents with memory loss and other forms of memory impairments, along with Terrace Club for seniors with early memory loss. In addition, The View provides customized assisted living for seniors with low vision in a comfortable environment.

Reviews of Sunrise of McCandless

Posted by Rhona June 30, 2014
1.0

It is a beautiful package on the outside. That is the only nice thing that I can say. Understaffed. Very expensive. If your loved one can no longer speak up if something is wrong they are on their own. When your money runs out, no Benevolence fund. Upon admission you are told that you will always have a home here. What they really mean is, as long as you have money. You are out on your ear when you have no funds. Foods listed on menu are always served to those on the first floor, because they are not memory impaired. Those who are memory impaired may or may not get what's on the menu. Usually they are "all out" by the time the upper floors are served their meals.

Posted by Susan87421450 June 27, 2014

Sunrise of McCandless was very nice. It seemed a little high class. I found nothing wrong with it. I just didn't know if my aunt would have been comfortable if we kept her there. The staff was very nice. They were very helpful and kind. The facility was beautiful. But it wasn't some place that my aunt would feel comfortable living in.

Posted by Diane79195550 April 01, 2014
4.0

My aunt has been in Sunrise since November. I liked the facility, the layout was very nice, there’s privacy, and it was quiet. I liked the people, and the location is convenient for me. I liked the atmosphere and that they always had a lot going on. It just seemed like they get personal, one-on-one care. They have the same caregivers every day, so they are familiar with the patients and get close to them. They have been very good, and I haven’t any complaints with anyone. The rooms are divided into little quads; each area had its own little living room, and it has a homey feeling. My aunt has a studio with a little kitchenette and a bathroom. They have bingo, movies, they have entertainment come in weekly, and they take them on field trips. She has no complaints about the food.

Posted by Caring77813250 January 31, 2014
3.0

I have come across Sunrise of McCandless through a referral. The atmosphere there was much better. When we walked in, it seemed like it was a five-star hotel more than an assisted living. The staff seemed to be very positive. Their rooms were nice.

Posted by Miriam4 October 22, 2013

The facilities at Sunrise of McCandless are so gorgeous. It looked like a five-star hotel. When we went there for an interview, the seniors were playing bowling. They had a movie scheduled for every night, so they had a lot of activities. They had a buffet of popcorn, coffee, doughnuts, and fruits in the front of their "hotel". Their rooms were gorgeous and very spacious. Everything was pristine and clean. They also have a memory care facility on the third floor, which had a special room for people who had some down problems with all those lights on the ceiling. The staff was very helpful and very nice.

Posted by Caring72375050 October 11, 2013

Sunrise was amazing. It was beautiful and the people were great. The rooms were very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to place my father in all there at all, but they turned him down because they would not be able to provide the level of care he needed for his condition.

Posted by Jane29 July 25, 2013
4.0

My mom moved in at Sunrise of McCandless a couple of weeks ago in their dementia locked down unit. The facility is close to our home and it's very nice.

Posted by Aileen1 June 07, 2013

The tour at Sunrise was very good but it's just that mom is not interested and doesn't want to move in right now. She's still staying in her own home.

Posted by JRudy20 October 18, 2012
3.0

Personally, I thought that the staff, amenities, and facilities were all in tip top shape, but after asking the thoughts of my family member, they believed it was an act put on when there were visitors, and that the overnight staff was not as friendly. Everything seemed clean during the visit, and all staff members were friendly with family members. Our resident was upset with the level of service provided, and said that after visiting hours, everything changed at the facility.

Location of Sunrise of McCandless