Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sterling House of Pensacola

Sterling House of Pensacola provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Sterling House of Pensacola

Posted by Kathy80870250 April 11, 2014

I like the layout of Sterling House. It's very clean. It seemed like a really good staff. They have a very busy calendar, and everybody looks happy. I like the fact that even though they're assisted living, they have some nurses there, so that's good.

Posted by Caring88672150 March 27, 2014

Sterling House of Pensacola is a very nice facility. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff are very nice and friendly, but my mother died, so we would not be able to put her in there.

Posted by Paula I. February 25, 2014

I visited Sterling House of Pensacola, a Brookdale facility last November. They took time to explain everything to me, they gave me a full tour. This is one level so he wouldn't worry about finding a stair or elevators or trying to find buttons if he couldn't breathe. It was clean, reasonable, very open but with locks on the door. They said there were a few residents so it was small and personal. They gave me a brochure that lets me know he is eligible for some VA benefits that we did not know about. It was an eye opener and beneficial to him financially. They showed me different units for the different sizes and the cost. They also gave me the lay out, the current price and the cost that it would go up to in January. They were extremely helpful. They had a dining room, It wasn't really big. I just liked it that it was cozier than a large facility. I saw the residents come out to the common area. They were watching TV together, the music playing was from their generation. They had painting classes and some of the artworks on the walls are from the residents and they were very nice. Also, they had karaoke days and puzzles on game day. This is my first outing into a facility and I am very impressed with Sterling House.

Posted by Janice27 January 30, 2014
4.0

I really liked it and I liked the girl who showed me around. She was so sweet, welcoming and was so nice. I really appreciated that.The only thing I don't like about it was how you have to come out of Sterling House into a busy street. It's sort of down under, like you go down a little hill and it's hard coming out. I know it would be hard for me to get out of there and I don't wanna give up my car yet. I still drive. There's no other way to come out except that one, other than that I really like it.

What I really like about the apartment I saw is how you can see at these big windows because of the way it's built. The dining rooms looked like a nice place to eat. I like that everything's on the first floor and I can take my little dog out to the yard. It would be very convenient for that. It's really a nice place. I didn't find anything wrong with it except with where it's located.

Posted by Maria25 November 27, 2013

Sterling House of Pensacola is a wonderful facility. It's not a huge place so it's more cozy. The lady in change was very caring and very loving. She took me around and showed me the different rooms that are available. She also showed me the garden and it was very nice. She was a very, very nice person. The rooms were nice. They have the small ones and they also have the bigger ones. It depends on how much space you want. The dining area was also nice and they can eat there with everybody or they can also eat in their room. They do all kinds of activities there so that the residents don’t get bored. The residents get together to play games and watch TV together. They were conscientious and very caring. I can't say anything wrong and their prices are pretty reasonable also.

Posted by Allen2 November 21, 2013

What impressed me about the Sterling House was the cleanliness, the people, and the staff. The rooms were more than adequate. We saw the smallest room and they go up from there and the smallest room was bunny big. The tenants were friendly and seemed nice and the staff was, too. We were just looking for a place for my mother-in-law because she can't make her up her mind where she wants to go. As far as the facility is concerned, it would be great for her and what they offer would be great but she just has to make up her mind what she wants to do but it will cost her some money over and above what she makes every month.

Posted by Brenda20 September 27, 2013

We like Sterling House of Pensacola because it was very nice and clean when we visited there. If he could afford the facility, we already placed him there. The food was good and the residents were friendly. It was a really nice place. What we liked best about this facility is the safety and the way people cared.

Posted by Geraldine5 September 26, 2013
1.0

I visited Sterling House of Pensacola and it looked very small. I have a wheelchair and it's just too small to move my wheelchair around. The staff just seemed alright. They have physical therapy. Their dining area is very nice.

Posted by Kent4 September 19, 2013
4.0

Sterling House was a nice place. The person that was supposed to meet me wasn't there when I arrived. I did get a chance to walk around and see a room and the dining area. The people that were there were very helpful. The room I was shown was very nice and well decorated.

Posted by John47482750 August 29, 2013
4.0

Sterling House is very nice and generally clean. They offer suites where there is more than one room. This facility basically offers mid level of care. They don't have advanced Alzheimer's care but with what they do, they are doing a very good job. The staff is very nice. They do pretty well with the residents there. They are very attentive and caring, which is good. The facility does tend to get rid of staff members that are not very good. However, they don't take Medicaid. They only take private insurance or personal payments. That's the thing I would like them to change that they should take Medicaid especially if somebody runs out of money.

Posted by Merle H. August 27, 2013

I visited Sterling House for my husband. It was in a beautiful city. The facility was very nice-looking and very clean. They have very nice ground. You'd think you were out in a resort area. People there seemed very nice. The staff showed us to one of the rooms that my husband would have and it was nice.

Posted by Jackie11 June 19, 2013

Sterling House of Pensacola is the facility I was interested in to start with. It's the only one that I toured and I was so impressed that I didn't bother looking for others. It is also close to my house. I've eaten there a couple of times and the food was very good. They basically will fix anything you want. They had set meal times. If you don't want to get up as early as they serve breakfast, you can go in later in the day and they will fix the meal you. The service is very good.

You also have three different choices of room size and they are reasonably priced. They did all her laundry with her clothes and her linen. That's all included in the room rate. They also check on the residents. If they don't show up for a meal, they would go to their room and get them. Whenever there are activities, anybody who doesn't come to the activities, they check on them and ask them if they are interested in coming and make sure they are okay. They are very attentive. They have nurses which are very knowledgeable and very nice. They take very good care of my mom. They stay in touch with me and let me know how she is doing. It's a really great place and it's clean. I am very pleased. My mom has settled down a bit. I would highly recommend Sterling House to anyone who is looking for an assisted living facility for their parents. The place is perfect for our needs.

Posted by DisappointedInPensacola December 31, 2012
3.0

A relative stayed in this facility for almost a year. It was well-kept but understaffed. Ask about the added fees that will be incurred if your loved one needs more care because of advancing illness. The facility would likely be good for someone who doesn't need much attention, but this was not the case for us.

Posted by vigilantej October 23, 2012

My first thought arriving is this place looks more like bed and breakfast than a home for the elderly, the grounds looked amazing and well kept with flowers and plants and the building looked nice and well maintained. The staff seemed friendly enough and very professional, and i was especially surprised with the size of the private rooms which where pretty big and had plenty of room. The home also provided many events such as outings to restaurants or museums where the staff would accompany the residents and make sure they where fine and enjoying themselves as well as making sure they got home safely. Another point that really impressed me was the food options, many of the food options where low in fat or cholesterol but still tasted pretty good it was a great comfort knowing my great grandmother was getting good tasting healthy meals instead of some of the nasty dishes other places try to pass off as food. Another thing i liked about this place was there wasn't a moldy smell like most assisted living homes have and the inside of the home was very clean including the common areas and dining area. Even though my Grandmother isn't very active they offered a pretty up to date fitness center and offered some classes such as yoga. The only thing i didn't like was all the flowers they had as it aggravates my allergy and i was sneezing a lot of the visit.

Posted by lauraisren September 18, 2012
4.0

The facility was well designed, with a central courtyard that many rooms looked out on. Many residents cut across the courtyard to reach their rooms on the far side of the facility because the weather was nice. The dining room was large, and was set up like a nice restaurant. All the employees I interacted with were professional and nice, and seemed to care about what was going on with the residents. The individual rooms were fairly small, but adequate. Some people have roommates, so they have larger rooms. All rooms had private bathrooms. They have scheduled group activities for those that are interested, and the employees made the effort to try and get residents involved. The holiday decorations were a nice touch. The parking lot was a bit small, but that was only an issue because of the amount of people visiting during the holidays. The facility is on University Parkway, which is a very busy road, but I did not notice any noise issues while inside.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd April 28, 2012
4.0

While in the area, we decided to check out Sterling House of Pensacola as an option for my friend's mother.

From the outside, the facility looked really well maintained. It looked fresh, clean and bright and welcoming, like a motel or inn. The grounds resembled a park and was full of nice trees and nicely manicured lawns.

The main foyer was lovely, with nice, fragrant flowers and welcoming staff. All of the communal areas had stimulating activities occurring, from reading to games and other resident interactions.

The dining areas were spacious, fresh, clean and bright. The natural light made the room very cheery. The food choices all looked nutritious and delicious. They also offer snacks throughout the day and whenever requested.

Scheduled events and outings included everything one could imagine - from casual and fine dining restaurants, to art museums, the library, films and theater. The facility also hosts monthly parties for residents which many friends and family attend regularly.

The private rooms were all nicely sized, did not seem cramped and were beautifully decorated and furnished.

The physical fitness center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes, as well as well-maintained equipment. Residents may also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards.

At this facility, all of the resident's needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring manner. It was clear that the residents really enjoy living there.

Location of Sterling House of Pensacola

Features of Sterling House of Pensacola

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,285
  • Highest monthly rate: 3,125
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: 25 to 1

• Licenses: Florida Assisted Living License

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid