Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Mathison Center

Opened in 2000, this state-of-the-art facility offers a secure, assisted-living environment specially designed to meet the needs and desires of persons enjoying their "Golden Years." The center is centrally located in the sunny, vibrant Panama City Florida community, and welcomes people from all walks of life, regardless of race, creed, or religious affiliation.

Reviews of Mathison Center

Posted by Rebekah1 October 13, 2012
4.0

I love my grandmother being at Mathison Retirement Center. The nurses and staff are always caring and treat her like their own family. The food is served in a huge dining room with place mats and everything. She loves the food and most days it has a lot of flavor. One thing I do not like is that they do not encourage her to get out of her room and participate in games or activities. Some days she goes days without leaving her room other than to eat and check the mail. She also claims that the employees are stealing her belongings. We know this is not true, but they have yet to try and prove her wrong. I wish they had security cameras or alarms or something so she has some peace of mind about the situation. She does love her outside area to sit and work in her garden. There is a tennis court that never gets used which bothers her.

Posted by jmoz May 08, 2012

Clean and beautiful. Soothing colors. Quiet bedrooms. Variety of special use rooms. (Library, exercise, card room, dining room, misc use rooms etc...) Food quality was more than adequate. Rooms in good repair. When problems occurred in the rooms, they were repaired/solved quickly. Security was good. Due to the nature of this facility being an "assisted living" as opposed to a "nursing home" it was not as oppressing. My mother was here for 2 years but after a fall was no longer able to take care of herself and was moved to Glen Cove Nursing Home in Panama City.

Posted by hbk85 April 28, 2012

This is a really nice community. My husband and I both joked that we wanted to live there. It has a tennis court, pool, small library, and small workout room. It also has a game room where the residents can play pool, bingo, and also do group workouts. They also have another room with a big screen TV and a wii. All of the staff is very nice, the lunchroom staff, nurses and front desk staff. I always loved going there to volunteer and see how the residents would decorate their front doors and for all the activities that went on as well. It is a really great retirement center that I would recommend to anyone.

Location of Mathison Center