From the Provider
Vi at Palo Alto is an upscale Type A continuing care retirement community located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Situated on 23 lush acres of Stanford property, the community is also adjacent to the Stanford Shopping Center, and close to walking trails, performing arts centers, fine dining and is a short drive to downtown San Francisco.
Vi at Palo Alto seeks to provide residents with a balanced lifestyle. Our community focuses on wellness and vitality and offers extensive services and amenities, care options, and award-winning interiors.
At Vi at Palo Alto your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 15 one bedroom, one bedroom plus den, two bedroom, two bedroom plus den or three bedroom floor plans. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.
The Vi family of communities consists of 10 continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) located in six states across the U.S. In 2012 we celebrated our 25th anniversary as a developer, owner and operator of residential communities for older adults. We also maintain a commitment to financial stability at all of our locations, and with our final construction loan paid off in 2011, all CCRCs are now free of third party debt.
- Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
- Building maintenance
- Lawn care and landscaping
- Weekly light housekeeping of your home
- Weekly laundering of linens
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning services available at an extra charge
- Healthful meals developed for the nutritional needs and flavor preferences of older adults
- Seasonal menus and nightly specials
- Dining program oversight provided by our Certified Dietary Manager and our Certified Executive Chef
- Foods prepared by chefs who have received customized training provided by the Culinary Institute of America on nutrition, healthy cooking and baking techniques, flavor dynamics, and food and wine pairing
- Desserts prepared by our pastry chef
- Available wine list
- Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
- Fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors
- Catering available for private parties and events at an additional cost
Parking and Transportation
- 24-hour valet parking services in our heated garage for your vehicle
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
Salon and Spa
- Midori salon with full spa menu of services including cut and color, styling, manicure and pedicure, and massage
- Salon and spa services available at an additional charge
- Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
- Philips LifelineÂ® alert system in each residence
- Reading areas stocked with current magazines and best-selling books
- Computer room with Wi-Fi, weekly tech instruction, and computer help
- Meeting room for book clubs and reading groups
- Vision aids for reading, including audio books, large-type books, and an electronic magnifier
- Lounge with a fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors and fine wines
- Meeting room for lectures and community meetings
- Rooms available for parties and celebrations
- Social spaces throughout the club area
- Gardens and landscaped walkways
- Open and covered terraces
- Alfresco dining areas
- Sidewalks throughout our 23-acre campus
- Ground floor, interior facing apartments have a gate off the deck with easy access to grounds
- Pets 30 pounds and under are welcome
- Comfortable hotel-like rooms available by reservation for overnight guests at additional cost
- Suite amenities include expanded digital cable, hairdryer, ironing board
- Staffed 7 days a week by a registered nurse available for immunizations and confidential health consultation
- Scheduled routine health screenings and weekly laboratory services including venipuncture
- Scheduled visits from medical professionals including physical therapists, audiologists, podiatrists, and Vi at Palo Alto's medical director
- Care coordinated with your personal physician
- Access to health care resources and classes
- Equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, recumbent bicycles, NuStepÂ® cross training machines, air-resistance weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
- Fitness instruction and classes, including Yoga, Tai Chi, and weight training
Pool and Whirlpool
- Heated salt-filtered indoor pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation/li>
- Therapeutic whirlpool
- Locker rooms with heated floors
- 5,000-square-foot bent grass putting green maintained by Vi's grounds team
- Paved walking path on campus
- Walking distance to city trails
- Choice of 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom plus den, 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom plus den, or 3 bedroom apartments
- Cable and phone ready
- Emergency call system
- Kitchen and dining area
- Temperature control
- Patio/balcony on all units
Lifestyle opportunities include:
- Cultural outings
- Book and special interest clubs
- Celebrations and socials
- Fitness classes for all levels and interests
Community services and amenities are subject to change.
Reviews of Vi at Palo Alto
Average Rating: based on 4 Reviews
I visited this facility
The Vi is beautiful, it's wonderful, and elegant. Beautiful swimming pools, tennis courts, it's extremely attractive. If it's me by myself I would be living there. The rooms were big and lovely. I have no criticisms of the place, I thought it was just beautiful. The service, the waitress and the food that we had there are very elegant, I have no complaints.
I had dinner with them. The food was very excellent. The problem was my partner, the person I would be sharing a residence with is a vegan. We inquired about that, but they said that they don't provide special diets for diabetics or gluten-free diet. But he's a vegan, and they prepared a special dish for him. They don't have special vegan diet. So that's the big problem. If it weren't for that I would move in right away.
I am a friend or relative of a resident
The Vi (formerly Classic Residence by Hyatt) is an outstanding facility. Of course it's beautiful, well-appointed and staffed.
The residents are interesting and friendly and there is a schedule of events that keep people active and involved. The dining facilities are attractive and the food is good.
The location, across the street from Stanford University and the Stanford shopping center, is convenient.
I visited this facility
I was there as a "tourist" guided by a staff member of the Vi at Palo Alto.One thing that I can't forget is, that everyoe was very friendly. Even the staff members. The atmosphere was a little quiet and also sad. What surprised me the most was, that this "dark" atmosphere seemed to be normal and people get used to live with it, They were all happy, like a big family. At some places the Vi at Palo Alto was very luxuary (Decorations etc.) which is needed in Silicon Valley, which is one of the richest areas of the United States.
I give the Vi at Palo Palto not the full 5 stars because of the unpleasant athmosphere at some places.
All in all I enjoyed my trip there :)
Visited this facility
The reason I gave the overall facility a "3" instead of a "2" is because of the following: Individually there were some great professionals, in particular the physical and occupational therapists were excellent as well as well as some staff members. The facility if beautiful the food is "5*. What was not satisfactory was the therapy facilities-which were meager - especially in light of the beautiful dining/grand piano room, etc. The staff while individually acceptable did not work as a team. I saw a great amount of delegation to the CNA's and the therapists when the nurses should have been involved. I had to remind the nurses of my meds, my need for my CPR machine, my need for my icing machine (at first I was told they did not operate -then when my doctor informed them to do so it was set up for me), I felt I needed to manage my care when I was in pain, fainting, vomiting, on medication and clearly not at my best. I have since had other rehab experiences to compare the Vi "tier level 1 to a 2nd level tier rehab. This facility although not as beautiful nor the food as gourmet was remarkable. The professionalism of the staff which clearly worked as a team, the facilities for therapy were exceptional, the nurses and the CNA's worked together - no caste system, the physical and occupation therapists were exemplary, I did not have to remind staff for meds or therapy treatment or to hook up any of the devices used for treatment. They followed through with requests, not having to ask over and over again. I do not mean to sound negative on the Vi...like I mentioned there are many good individuals especially the therapists. This is simply my comparison of the care I received at the 2nd facility. I'm ready to go home and feel that I have been provided the resources I need for follow up therapy and care.
Location of Vi at Palo Alto
Features of Vi at Palo Alto
- Year built: 2005
- Entrance fee: Starting at $720,100
- Minimum Cost: 3,990
- Ownership type: Private for profit
- Contact name: Manager: Steve Brudnick - Sales: Michael Wilson
- Current management since: 2005
- Nearby shops entertainment: Yes
- Ownership: Vi
- Rate increase: Evaluated Annually