Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

73113

Reviews of The Homestead of Owasso

Posted by Teresa30 March 28, 2014
4.0

My father has been at Homestead of Owasso since the 1st of December. My first impression of it was that I was really impressed with it. I was also impressed with the layout that they have for the rooms. The rooms are really nice. Overall, I really like it. I like the location being here amongst his family, so it is close by. The staff is good. They do really good. They seem really caring. I have never had any problems with any of them. My father seems to like most of them. Every time I have been there to visit, he gets along with all of them well. Overall, I would rate them a four, mainly because of the activities. I think they need to engage their residents more in their activities. Though I think it may have to do with their residents and how they want to participate, but I think they should encourage them more to be out and about and to socialize.

Posted by momsgirl2 May 30, 2012
3.0

The Homestead of Owasso appears to be a clean, bright, safe environment for the residents. Our family's experience showed that the majority of the staff was very caring and protective of the residents. Maintenance issues were always promptly addressed, and the overall feeling is that of a nice upper middle-class "home-like" atmosphere. Touches such as crown moldings, wall-to-wall carpets and kitchenettes add to the overall feeling. Parking is typically adequate for visitors, except on holidays. The west side of the building is for assisted living residents, and the east side of the building is a locked unit for Alzheimers/Dementia patients. Amenities include home-style meals, a fireplace and piano in the main lobby, a beauty parlor, and a courtyard garden that is accessible to residents.

Close.jpg
Posted by Shoo April 02, 2012
4.0

Clean, very attentive, low nurse patient ratio.

Posted by dlww November 30, 2011

Our father is a resident of the Owasso facility. We are his only family and the 4 of us kids couldn't be happier with his care. Each person we have come in contact with could not be more loving to his needed, and believe me there are many. We all feel very blessed to have this home caring for him and would recommend it to anyone having to make this difficult decision. They are professional yet have loving hearts for all their residents. Shannon, Stacy, Dana, Wendy, Brandy, Maryann...i could go on and on. THANK YOU!!!

Posted by Jennifer Lopez November 18, 2011
1.0

Extremely poor care, NO activities exist, persons sit around in wheelchairs doing NOTHING. They think ice cream is the best thing in the day, since they do NOTHING. Also the doctors don't pay attention and the medical personnel is a joke. They dont even know how to put a band aid on an injury or attend to medical records.

Posted by mrbad2000 November 16, 2011

It's amazing how people are using this web site for revenge after being terminated or given a bill. I have been in the health care field for 20+ years as an administrator, a director, and a clinician. I went and looked at this place for myself, but unlike the average person I asked to meet the administrator "Jody", the Regional Director "Joe" the nursing staff, the therapy staff, and a few of the residents talked to me as well. This is a great team they truly care about the people who live there and are amazing individuals. I would not only trust them with my family but with my care. What a great group of people.

Posted by jrd November 01, 2010
2.0

Be very careful dealing with this group.

Current management (2010) is inept. Understaffed, Staff is undertrained. Too expensive for services provided. Staff tries very hard and are very nice and caring. Moving my parents out.

Location of The Homestead of Owasso