Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

About Eden Heights of Olean

Eden Heights of Olean is an assisted living facility in Olean, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Eden Heights of Olean for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Eden Heights of Olean

Average Rating: 2.0 based on 1 Review

Eden Heights of Olean
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by AnneC September 13, 2012
2.0

Although the facility is relatively well-thought-of in the local community, it fails to meet standards that have been accepted by larger cities and towns. The lack of competition in the market seems to have allowed Eden to remain rooted in the early 1980's. Not only the physical facilities are old and tired but the way most of the staff interacts with residents is mechanical and meets only their most basic of needs. There is no attempt to engage the individuals in conversation, let alone stimilation of senses. My mother-in-law developed a quirk in that she sang out loud for long periods of time. Our family sensed the irritation and disgust the staff felt for her.

My mother-in-law had always prided herself on her neat appearance. Our family took bags of matching outfits and many of her favorite garments to the facility for her to wear. Upon visiting we would discover other residents wearing her clothing while her drawers were filled with items that we did not recognize. A positive developement for her was that her dementia allowed her to forget that she was a smoker. If she had continued to want to smoke, I could not discern any method of accomodating residents or allowing for special treatment in this area. Although it was clear to all that my mother-in-law was suffering from Dementia, the facility had limited availablity in their special Dementia Unit. As a result, she spent most of the day strapped into a chair, outside of her room. Along with a row of fellow residents, it seemed they were wheeled out in the morning and wheeled back in at night.

At Christmas, groups of local school children came to the facility to sing. They seemed to have no help in socializing with the residents. I'm sure I saw a spark of recognition in my Mother-in-laws eyes but it quickly faded as the children made a quick exit for the snack table.

Location of Eden Heights of Olean