Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

Posted by Caring85068850 June 30, 2014

What I enjoyed most about Pacifica Senior Living Northridge is that they have a locked facility, which apparently a lot of the facilities I've visited don't when it comes to assisted living, so those who have dementia can stay in that part of the facility until they become a threat or a harm to themselves. I really like their rooms, as they were spacious. They were willing to work with us on our budget, and that is where she is going to have to be. The only things that I didn’t care for were their activities and their meals because they have to take an elevator downstairs.

Posted by Rob2 February 15, 2014

Pacifica Senior Living Northridge was a very nice place. It was also clean. I just thought the one he ended up was within our price range. The apartments were very nice. The meeting rooms seemed really spacious. I don’t recall the bedroom, I think it's bigger than the other place. It seemed they have a good list of activities. They have mixed ability level where they had high care portion for Dementia patients and had minimal care part of the facility also. I saw the activity calendar and where the activity will take place. I also saw some seniors under the shed attend an activity.

Posted by Linda75739850 February 01, 2014
3.0

Pacifica was alright but it wasn't like top of the line. It was an older facility. It was one of those places that had to be renovated. You can tell that it had not been updated, but it wasn't that bad. I went to the bathroom and it was really old. It wasn't a happy place. I wouldn't want to live there. The lady who toured us around, she didn't greet anybody and nobody greeted her. Either she was new or she didn't know their residents. There was no one-to-one contact with the residents. I would recommend it for people who had no place else to go.

Posted by afs October 30, 2012

all my experiences so far have been good with this assisted living provider. my grandmother, while having an uncurable disease has been made comfortable and her security and well being is assured. the staff has always been good in helping her with all of her needs, from the mundane tasks of eating and changing to dealing with more complex problems like confrontation from other people living there. they have always been impeccable with things like giving her prescribed medications to her at the correct times and keeping her clean and comfortable. the facility itself is quite nice, being multi storied and comfortable feeling and looking. furniture is placed in communal areas encouraging more social interaction and staff is always placed throughout the corridors so no matter what somebody is always lookng after my grandma and the other elderly residents. other amentities like the food are good as well and I have seen a varied and balanced menu served to the residents at all meals. Additionally the activities to occupy residents are fun and interactive.

Posted by visitor30 August 21, 2012
4.0

This facility has an older decoration style to it. It is still nice looking and really elegant. The staff is amazing, as usual in almost every assisted living facility. The engage themselves and seem to enjoy what they do. You can tell that the staff isnt just there to get paid, but they are there because they truly care about the seniors' well being. Some parts of the facility could be upgraded because this seems to be an older facility. This doesn't really bring down the ambiance this facility gives. The seniors are well engaged and activities are given in abundance. Pacifica tries its best to make you feel at home. Although it may be true that there isn't much to outdoors because the outdoor area is limited, the people staying there are nonetheless treated very fairly and are engaged in activities very often. The small outdoor space hasn't really been a complaint and the people staying at Pacifica seem to enjoy where they live.

Posted by LauraM3 November 18, 2011
4.0

Their assisted living side is really good! The residents are well cared for! I do not recommend the memory care side. That was awful! The level of care on that side is well below standards!

Posted by specialone-1 June 25, 2011

There is love and the care at Pacifica Northridge!! I looked everywhere before making my decision. The community is beautiful and the staff makes my mom feel special. This is the place to come and see.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd June 09, 2011

Visited this facility

The Pacifica Senior Living Northridge is conveniently located in California's San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles and California State University. This would be convenient for our family, since most of my aunt's relatives are in the region. She has early Alzheimer's, so it is time to find full time care for her. She is ambulatory, so we wanted to find somewhere that didn't seem like a nursing home.

The front entrance resembled a church and had nice flowers around it. The interior of the foyer had a nice seating area where we waited. We could see many of the residents interacting with staff and they seemed well cared for. The outside area seemed a bit small, however "“ with not much seating for residents and visitors.

There were a lot of fun activities going on the day we visited. From card games to flower planting, all of the residents seemed active and happy. Our aunt loves to garden, so it looked like she would still get to do that here. The food we sampled was really good and our aunt got to check out the menus, which had many choices on them.

The staff regularly checks on residents, which is important to us. Each private unit has an emergency response call button. They seem to have everything a person would need "“ from regular care to scheduled activities and medical professionals as needed. Overall, we thought it was a very nice facility.

Posted by jcalder May 14, 2010
3.0

nice staff, but outdoor areas limited

Pros: Well lit, with skylights. Nice staff. Good dining and lobby areas. Cons: outdoor areas are two cement patios.

Posted by Laura Mayoral March 27, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My mom has lived at Pacifica for the past two years. She has been very well taken care of. ALL if the staff know her by name and greet her when she walks by them. The facilities are always clean and there is never that "old" scent that sometimes happens with seniors with all of their medication. They always have activites going on to keep the seniors busy. My mom enjoys living here!! I highly recommend it!!!

Location of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

• Renal

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy