Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Falls at Cordingly Dam

The Falls at Cordingly Dam in Newton, MA, is a 90-apartment assisted living community offering both traditional assisted living and The Harbor Program, a specialized program for the memory impaired.

A magnificent waterfall that once powered an 18th century mill is the dramatic setting for The Falls at Cordingly Dam, a Benchmark senior living community. Tucked away in a charming historic village, this is an extraordinary natural haven where fond memories and family traditions thrive. Inside, you'll find a familiar feeling of home with living areas and amenities that have been thoughtfully chosen for your comfort and convenience. Step outside and enjoy the birds and waterfall while relaxing on the deck or courtyard.

At The Falls, providing an independent lifestyle within a carefree environment is our personal commitment to each resident. Welcome to The Falls at Cordingly Dam.

A magnificent waterfall that once powered an 18th century mill creates a dramatic setting for The Falls at Cordingly Dam is tucked away in a charming historic village. Step outside and enjoy the birds and waterfalls while relaxing on the deck or courtyard.

Reviews of The Falls at Cordingly Dam

Posted by Caring71645650 January 31, 2014

I went and visited The Falls at Cordingly Dam. That's the place I like for my parents. Basically what I like about it was if somebody is not totally like needing memory care, they have an assisted living area where they would take people in through the day. It's called The Lighthouse Club. It's for people who don't necessarily need memory care. It's a good program because they keep them busy during the day and then they go back and can be in the assisted living area. I thought that is a unique thing. They also showed me their apartments and they were very nice. The dining room was beautiful too. The staff was kind and friendly. They were just lovely people. They did have activities for their residents like cooking, art work, etc.

Posted by Renate2 December 20, 2013
3.0

I have found a place for my husband. He moved in The Falls at Cordingly Dam two weeks ago. One of the reasons why I chose this for him was because it was close enough for me so that I could visit him everyday. I'm an old lady and so I don't want to drive great distances and this place is exactly 5 miles door to door. The other thing is that it is an assisted living facility but they do have a floor for memory care people. It is a big facility but it only has one floor that has 28 beds for people with memory problems. It is a locked floor and you have to have a key to get there. This facility has a real atmosphere of caring. It looks to me that people there are really and truly caring for these old folks who have lost their memory. The other thing that is very important to me is that, as my husband decline which is very sad, he can stay there to the very end. I don't have to move him again. The staff has also been very concerned about me because I'm very worried and fussy over everything about my husband, but they all constantly would reassure me that he is doing okay even though I think he is very, very limited in what he can do. They did have a lot of excellent programs there but sadly my husband probably will not be able to participate in them. As a whole, I'm satisfied with this place.

Posted by dauny July 03, 2013

I never dreamed I would feel my mother so "held" by all of the staff at The Falls. Every request we make is filled immediately and cheerfully, I have such peace of mind that your staff checks in on my mother during the night, and when something happens, they alert me immediately. I know how much organizations take on the character of their leadership, and I am tremendously appreciative for the high bar you set for standard of care and responsiveness. That my mother adjusted so quickly and is so happy is such a tribute to The Falls Staff.

Posted by Larry626 July 27, 2011
2.0

Care is minimal, amenities lacking, food pretty awful, and it is very expensive! We have to provide our own care givers for our resident family member at great additional expense. The chief problem as I see it is the conflict between the commitment to helping residents and the need to make a profit. I would recommend that anyone seeking this kind of care, i.e. assisted living, seek out a non-profit facility.

Location of The Falls at Cordingly Dam

Features of The Falls at Cordingly Dam

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum age: 50

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details