Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of SHARONBROOKE

Posted by samc21 October 02, 2014

My aunt is a new resident at Sharon Brook and she absolutely loves it there. She loves all of the activities... especially bingo! They also play euchre and bridge. The staff is all welcoming and prompting her to participate in this activities. She loves the meals. She was losing a lot of weight at home which was one of the reasons that we moved her to an assisted living. She loves the food there so hopefully that means that she will start gaining some weight!! I would definitely recommend Sharon Brook to anyone.

Posted by Caring95893050 September 30, 2014

Mom is moving in at Sharonbrooke tomorrow. First of all, it is closer to the family and easier to get to. I thought the staff was extremely friendly. We went for a visit, and we had lunch there; we were in a private dining room where I watched the interaction between the staff and the residents, and I saw nothing but smiles on faces. Everybody just seemed so pleasant. It just seemed like a very upbeat place. The rooms were very well-maintained and cleaned up. The person who was in there before apparently passed on and they go in, clean thoroughly, and paint before the new person comes in. The whole complex was very bright and airy looking, wide and had very brightly lit quarters; it is just a beautiful place. My brothers who had not been there went the other day and they thought it was beautiful too, they were very happy with it.

Posted by Caring75990550 December 27, 2013
4.0

My father is in Sharonbrooke. He moved in there at the end of November this year. We chose this for him because they have more to offer. This place is very nicely set up. They have an outdoor recreational area that has set tables for their residents. They also have a movie theater, a coffee shop, a little TV room, etc. They also allow pets there. They let my dad have his dog with him and that was a big part why we chose this. Also this facility is close to me in terms of location. The staff, however, could be a little more attentive to my father definitely. Because he is not a social person, he will not go out on his own or just do everything as far as activities. They definitely need somebody to encourage him to go. They need someone that will help the seniors get and meet each other and get to do things together. Sharonbrooke does have a calendar of activities but they don't tell you exactly where a certain activity is in or who you would talk to to get involved in that particular activity. They do have a bus that takes people to places. It can accommodate two wheelchairs plus anybody who is able to walk. Regarding accommodations, they have three different sizes of rooms. Right now Dad is in the smallest because that's the one he can afford. With regards to meals, he doesn't like the food there. I haven't eaten there so I don't know if it's him or that the food is really not good. They also don't have a big variety of meals there.

Posted by Caring Son5 September 12, 2013

At Sharonbrooke, they have a coffee shop in every area for their patients. They also have a miniature movie theatre. For activities, they have church services on Sundays. Of course they have the basics amenities, like three meals a day, etc., but I like this facility because they have such a variety of features for their residents.

Posted by Carol D1 March 19, 2013

Sharonbrooke is a lovely facility. They have a lot of daily activities for the residents to be involved in. They have an ice cream parlor, a movie theater, and different places that the residents can go. The one thing that we had some problems with is they always have available coffee, tea, and freshly baked cookies. And my uncle is diabetic. He would just go in and take half a dozen cookies. So we were having a problem controlling his sugar. I guess my feeling is that they should have someone on duty that would regulate those foods instead of letting the residents help themselves. It's a nice, beautiful place. They keep it well maintained and clean. They have lovely music playing. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

Posted by John Williams September 20, 2012
4.0

They were very professional and really knew how to take care of people who were in their care. i was impressed with their care because i have been to other assisted living facilities that were not the greatest. clean and comfortable are some great words to describe this place. I really have no negative comments to make at this time.

Posted by klg5 May 19, 2012
4.0

Sharonbrooke made a good effort to make residents feel at home and welcome. The common areas were well cleaned and comfortable. They had a "bar" area with some big screen tvs, a soda shop type thing, popcorn machine and more and would host parties during Ohio State football games (a very big deal in Central Ohio). They were very welcoming to residents' families as they would often let me eat dinner with him in their cafeteria (not bad food). All of the residents I came across were very friendly and seemed to make an effort to get to know my grandfather. They knew his name and a bit about his history, as well as mine and my families names. They checked on him often and seemed to take good care of him. His room was not bad. I don't know if they have more apartment style places here, but his was more of a studio type room. I do know that he would feel cramped at times, but the facilities offered several places for him to go, both inside and out.

Posted by beezee April 14, 2012
4.0

My experience with nursing homes is limited, however, I feel there are certain standards that should be met. Sharonbrook is a neat, clean and large facility. I was impressed by the decor, and especially by all of the little things that added to the ambiance. A small aviary filled with brightly coloured songbirds is a very unique touch, as well as many large fish tanks. The "pub", an Irish style eating and gathering area is definitely neat, and makes for a great place for large family groups to visit with their loved ones. There are even gaming rooms, with console gaming systems and large televisions. The living areas are kept clean and tidy, though I believe the rooms are a little on the small side, especially for couples. The staff is generally very friendly and helpful, and they handled my Grandmother's issues, mental and physical, very well. It was not easy to get along with her, but there were a few staff members that she absolutely adored, and they always reported to us once a week.The only fault I find in Sharonbrook is the fact that they can be rather stingy. Meals are a little on the small side, for instance, and there isn't much of a selection. For those on a tight budget, this could be a problem. I believe that variety is important in a diet. All toiletries and personal care products must be provided by the resident, which again could be an issue if they do not have family visiting on a regular basis, or if they have a very tight budget.

Posted by Ramona2 November 19, 2011

This is a very lovely facility. It has a locked area for Alzheimers patients that is like small apartments inside. The rest of the facility is also very nice. Lots of open space and a very caring staff. There is even an atrium!

Location of SHARONBROOKE