Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Myrtle Beach Manor

Myrtle Beach Manor offers compassionate senior care in Myrtle Beach, SC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Myrtle Beach Manor shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Reviews of Myrtle Beach Manor

Posted by Barbara88814250 July 31, 2014

Myrtle Beach Manor was very nice. They had a dining room that looked like a fancy restaurant. The rooms were nice. The residents seemed good and everybody looked happy.

Posted by Caring79113450 June 28, 2014
4.0

I’m at Myrtle Beach Manor because I’m 98 years old and I broke my hip twice. The room is adequate. I have a small refrigerator and a microwave. The food is good. I eat 3 meals a day. There’s plenty of space upstairs and in the dining room to socialize.

Posted by Caring1002 June 26, 2014
4.0

My father was at Myrtle Beach Manor for seven or eight weeks. They had a very good physical therapy program. Everything was up-to-date. It was very well kept. They have just recently been remodeled. We were very pleased with everything, so much so that now my father has been going back and doing physical therapy there three or four times a week. All the rooms were clean. We were very impressed with the overall cleanliness of the facility. The food quality was better than average. I think they had a fairly good selection of menu items. The only thing that I was a little disappointed with this is that they turned to be non-family oriented. It's like you can't stay and have lunch with your father. You have to sit in his room while he goes to dinner. That kind of rubbed us the wrong way.

Posted by Caring0589 May 30, 2014
3.0

Myrtle Beach Manor is in a beautiful location. It is right on the waterway. However, I think some of the interiors of this community need to be a little bit updated. The person I spoke to was wonderful. They have a lot of activities. There were a lot of people involved in something at the time I visited. They have a nice community room with TV and books and things for them to do there. Also, the dining room was very nice.

Posted by Caring84055450 May 30, 2014
3.0

The rooms were tiny at Myrtle Beach Manor, although it seemed like a nice place, but they didn’t have the amenities we would need. The rooms were just too small, and I didn’t go much further than that. There is no way my mom is going to leave all her stuff behind and move into those tiny rooms. The staff were well informed and very pleasant.

Posted by Sheryl7 May 11, 2014
3.0

Mom was at Myrtle Beach Manor for her rehab. They have a phenomenal physical therapy. We looked at their assisted living portion, but I was not impressed with their facility. It was very tiny and drab. After I checked out their assisted living, I did not get a warm and cozy feeling. I felt that my mom would have been very depressed in the accommodations that they have, but their staff is very nice as far as the rehab side. They had only renovated their rehab section, but not with the assisted living area.

Posted by Eleanor5 May 10, 2014
3.0

We visited Myrtle Beach Manor, and the experience was good. The staff was excellent, but the rooms, I just didn’t think they were very well equipped. I thought they lacked in a lot of areas. Their dining area was very good. They do have different activities. They have crafts and exercise, all the usual things that you sign up for in an assisted living. I think they need to make the units a little larger.

Posted by Wes4 March 13, 2014

Myrtle Beach Manor was older and the rooms were updated. It’s a nice place. It did not smell and the hygiene was very good. The staff is nice, caring and accommodating. The food was very good. They had jazz bands that my dad liked.

Posted by caring6221 February 28, 2014
3.0

My mother-in-law is currently in Myrtle Beach Manor. She is a 24/7 patient. My first impression was that there were no odors at all and that it was clean, which to me is fantastic. I also like the idea that it was 10 minutes away from me. My mother-in-law is just in an extremely basic private room where she has no dresser to put any of her private things. Originally, we were looking for memory care. This particular nursing home, at that time, was just opening a memory care unit. It was opened this February. We had put her in there with the understanding that she would go over to memory care, but that has not happened. With regards to the staff, the little interaction that I have had with them has been poor. When we first put her over there, we told them what she would and would not eat, and they said they will do substitution, but that hasn't happened. Also the fact that they don't cut her food, so if they're going to give her something that she can't cut, she is not going to eat it. Communication in that way was very bad.

Also my mother-in-law was first put in the assisted living, I didn't want to do it, but I was told to give it at least a week. We gave her a week and she fell twice. Both I and my husband felt we were pressured. They wanted us to put her in there and they were willing to put her something where she really wasn't to be just to have her in there. She had a lot of brand new personal things that I had bought for her; however, when she was moved from the assisted to 24/7 care, a lot of her personal items disappeared. I screamed and hollered for weeks about where her personal items were, e.g. brand new clothes, brand new hangers, but no one really gave a crap to this day. She also was able to walk when she got there, but because they had put her in a wheelchair and no one bothered to walk her up and down the hall for five minutes, I doubt if she has any legs left whatsoever, that to me is totally unacceptable.

The dining room was a basic dining room; however, my mother-in-law has been placed at a table where there are two other people that are in lounge-type wheelchairs and they're pretty bad. They're very bad off, physically and mentally. That's not where I want my mother-in-law to be seated. They did have activities. One time I stayed there, after their meals, they stayed in this room where a staff member was playing sort of like a guessing games with them. However, basically that's probably about it. They occasionally would put the TV out and watch movie, but there's got to be close to 50 people all trying to watch this tiny little TV. Everybody has a very difficult time seeing it. When she was in the assisted living, the activities were there, which was wonderful. When she left the assisted living, it went downhill.

Posted by Sarah21 December 31, 2013

We had been looking at Myrtle Beach Manor. It was three miles from my dad's house and I passed it all the time. It was very clean and very nice. Everyone was very polite and courteous. The rooms seemed also nice and I observed that they care given to the residents were quite appropriate.

Posted by Kim42 December 17, 2013
4.0

Myrtle Beach Manor was the one that Caring.com recommended to us and we like it very much. It is also the only one in the area that is affordable. It is within our cost structure and that's a necessity. So now, it is just the matter of having to sell the house before we can go in. It was a very clean facility. The meals were very impressive. They were actually freshly made and of good variety. The one staff that assisted us during the tour was excellent.

Posted by Veronica7 September 29, 2013

Myrtle Beach Manor is our choice because it was very nice. The place is very clean. The location is very good and they have very nice rooms. I also like the attention that they give the residents.

Posted by Jim19 June 26, 2013
4.0

I was at Myrtle Beach Manor before. It was a nice facility. It was right in the inner coastal where I can go out, rode a scooter and watched the boats.

Posted by Dana5 March 19, 2013
4.0

Mom has lived in Myrtle Beach Manor for just a few months. It was the closest one to a family member in the Myrtle Beach area. Financially, it was also better for us as we knew that some of the others were just beautiful, with a lot of amenities. But they were the type of amenities that she would be using.

We've been very pleased with the staff. However, right now they are having problems with the reconstruction of a new dining hall. It was supposed to be ready for Christmas but do to a delay it has been a little bit of problem for mom. But I think once that it is done and the disruption of having to move around for the dining hall, it will be much better.

Location of Myrtle Beach Manor