Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Myrtle Beach Manor

Myrtle Beach Manor offers compassionate senior care in Myrtle Beach, SC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Myrtle Beach Manor shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Reviews of Myrtle Beach Manor

Posted by Wes4 March 13, 2014

Myrtle Beach Manor was older and the rooms were updated. It’s a nice place. It did not smell and the hygiene was very good. The staff is nice, caring and accommodating. The food was very good. They had jazz bands that my dad liked.

Posted by caring6221 February 28, 2014
3.0

My mother-in-law is currently in Myrtle Beach Manor. She is a 24/7 patient. My first impression was that there were no odors at all and that it was clean, which to me is fantastic. I also like the idea that it was 10 minutes away from me. My mother-in-law is just in an extremely basic private room where she has no dresser to put any of her private things. Originally, we were looking for memory care. This particular nursing home, at that time, was just opening a memory care unit. It was opened this February. We had put her in there with the understanding that she would go over to memory care, but that has not happened. With regards to the staff, the little interaction that I have had with them has been poor. When we first put her over there, we told them what she would and would not eat, and they said they will do substitution, but that hasn't happened. Also the fact that they don't cut her food, so if they're going to give her something that she can't cut, she is not going to eat it. Communication in that way was very bad.

Also my mother-in-law was first put in the assisted living, I didn't want to do it, but I was told to give it at least a week. We gave her a week and she fell twice. Both I and my husband felt we were pressured. They wanted us to put her in there and they were willing to put her something where she really wasn't to be just to have her in there. She had a lot of brand new personal things that I had bought for her; however, when she was moved from the assisted to 24/7 care, a lot of her personal items disappeared. I screamed and hollered for weeks about where her personal items were, e.g. brand new clothes, brand new hangers, but no one really gave a crap to this day. She also was able to walk when she got there, but because they had put her in a wheelchair and no one bothered to walk her up and down the hall for five minutes, I doubt if she has any legs left whatsoever, that to me is totally unacceptable.

The dining room was a basic dining room; however, my mother-in-law has been placed at a table where there are two other people that are in lounge-type wheelchairs and they're pretty bad. They're very bad off, physically and mentally. That's not where I want my mother-in-law to be seated. They did have activities. One time I stayed there, after their meals, they stayed in this room where a staff member was playing sort of like a guessing games with them. However, basically that's probably about it. They occasionally would put the TV out and watch movie, but there's got to be close to 50 people all trying to watch this tiny little TV. Everybody has a very difficult time seeing it. When she was in the assisted living, the activities were there, which was wonderful. When she left the assisted living, it went downhill.

Posted by Sarah21 December 31, 2013

We had been looking at Myrtle Beach Manor. It was three miles from my dad's house and I passed it all the time. It was very clean and very nice. Everyone was very polite and courteous. The rooms seemed also nice and I observed that they care given to the residents were quite appropriate.

Posted by Kim42 December 17, 2013
4.0

Myrtle Beach Manor was the one that Caring.com recommended to us and we like it very much. It is also the only one in the area that is affordable. It is within our cost structure and that's a necessity. So now, it is just the matter of having to sell the house before we can go in. It was a very clean facility. The meals were very impressive. They were actually freshly made and of good variety. The one staff that assisted us during the tour was excellent.

Posted by Veronica7 September 29, 2013

Myrtle Beach Manor is our choice because it was very nice. The place is very clean. The location is very good and they have very nice rooms. I also like the attention that they give the residents.

Posted by Jim19 June 26, 2013
4.0

I was at Myrtle Beach Manor before. It was a nice facility. It was right in the inner coastal where I can go out, rode a scooter and watched the boats.

Posted by Dana5 March 19, 2013
4.0

Mom has lived in Myrtle Beach Manor for just a few months. It was the closest one to a family member in the Myrtle Beach area. Financially, it was also better for us as we knew that some of the others were just beautiful, with a lot of amenities. But they were the type of amenities that she would be using.

We've been very pleased with the staff. However, right now they are having problems with the reconstruction of a new dining hall. It was supposed to be ready for Christmas but do to a delay it has been a little bit of problem for mom. But I think once that it is done and the disruption of having to move around for the dining hall, it will be much better.

Location of Myrtle Beach Manor