Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brightwater

Brightwater is a preferred retirement community in the Myrtle Beach, SC area. Located on 78 acres, Brightwater is a full CCRC offering independent living cottages and apartments, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care (opening August 2011) with rehabilitation services on site.

With a focus on wellness, Brightwater enjoys a research partnership with Wake Forest University and was a recipient of the 2011 Best of the Best Award for wellness programming from the Assisted Living Federation of America. Brightwater is a community for people who wish to live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Featuring a community clubhouse that includes dining services, pub, Internet cafe, game and activity rooms, multi-media center plus a wellness center with heated therapy pool and exercise equipment, Brightwater offers more social and fun opportunities than one could receive in their current house and at an affordable price. With Brightwater taking care of all the house and lawn upkeep, the paying of bills, the cooking of meals, and the planning and set up of parties and events, members get to spend more time enjoying their family, friends and interests.

Experience Brightwater and experience a maintenance-free lifestyle in a fun and exciting gated community. Living here could indeed impact your life by helping you live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Reviews of Brightwater

Posted by Caring91306150 September 08, 2014
4.0

I had a very good experience with regards to my visit at Brightwater's independent living section. It was beautiful; an excellent facility. It didn’t look like a nursing home, it looked like a country club. The staff were very nice and extremely helpful. We saw a furnished one that was a model apartment. It was absolutely lovely and I could live there myself. They also provide bus service to doctors' appointments. Their dining room is beautiful. They have a salad bar and the food was lovely.

Posted by Beth21 July 19, 2014

I have been at Brightwater to visit people. It is very beautiful. It may be five or six years old. It is quite new. It is light and bright and probably five times as big as the other facility I visited. Brightwater was wonderful. They had absolutely gorgeous rooms. Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious. The people did a good job. They were very efficient. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Posted by Lisa85621250 May 22, 2014
4.0

Brightwater was very nice, but it was just too expensive. The rooms didn't have a balcony. The staff who toured us was very nice and did the best she could. They have an indoor and outdoor pool.

Posted by Eleanor5 May 11, 2014
4.0

Brightwater is a very nice facility and very well equipped. It provided everything that everyone could possibly want, but they are a little bit more expensive than an ordinary person could afford. I wish they could lower the price a little bit.

Posted by Sheryl7 May 11, 2014

Brightwater was beautiful; it's just that it was way higher than what we can afford price-wise. If money was no object, I would have no problem. They did have more accommodation for us. They had the pool, which would have been a plus. The staff were very nice and very friendly. They were also very accommodating. I got a very warm feeling. As far as the amenities, they have top ratings.

Posted by Linda62360050 May 09, 2014

Brightwater was a little too expensive for what my father wanted. The rooms were gorgeous, and it had a beautiful dining room. It was definitely upscale. It looked like an exclusive hotel. They have three meals a day, but you buy your meals. I think people just don’t like the expense of it.

Posted by Kathleen21 March 27, 2014

Brightwater is what I like the best. It's a retirement community, but they have assisted living in there and Alzheimer's. It's a perfect place, but I can't afford it. Everything about it is terrific. It's very clean. I like their rooms, their meals, their dining room and their staff. They have a ton of activities, from health to games to outings to everything. The staff is fabulous.

Posted by John81843650 March 27, 2014
4.0

I lived in the area of Brightwater, and it was pretty easy to find. It was a little pricey, but it was nice and really attractive. It was well-done, clean, and nicely decorated. There weren't many people that I saw, but the staff was very pleasant to us. We looked at the house and the rooms, and they were both nice and a good size. We ate lunch there, and I had turkey, which was kind of bland, but they had a variety, and I'm sure some of it was kind of tasty. They told me what activities they had, but I didn't see anybody doing them.

Posted by Caring76590550 January 28, 2014
4.0

What I liked best about Brightwater was the layout of the facility and the fact that they have very nice dining facilities there. There were two different style rooms. One is a little bit bigger than another. They're not anything wonderful and they have a refrigerator and a microwave in each room. The sanitation was okay. As far as just looking at it, it looked fairly clean and the people seemed very nice.

They have an indoor spa pool for therapy, an outdoor pool, a fitness center that has got pool tables and from what I could tell, they have a lot of different activities out there. They have a miniature golf on the premises and they have a little bit of a driving range.

Posted by Caring82123450 December 31, 2013

I had a written invitation from Brightwater and I toured the facility. I had two meals there and their chef was superb. The food was wonderful. They had a large variety of facilities. They were all well taken care of. They were very costly though.

Posted by Linda Cantey December 25, 2013
3.0

I was at Brightwater receiving physical therapy for two weeks. The first ten days were very pleasant. Great staff! Upon arriving we were told we could leave at any time we felt like our goals had been meet. This is not a prison. However when I asked to leave after ten days I was told I would be leaving ama. I had never heard of ama. I found out that it meant against medical advise. I was told that if I left ama that medicare probably wouldn,t pay for my treatment. I felt like I was being held hostage. After three days of trying to check out,, I finally got to see Dr. Armonio and he said I was free to go. I checked out on Dec. 24. Even though I had a Drs. permission, my discharge papers said I was leaving ama. This is not true! The discharge clerk refused to fill my prescription for a walker and a wheelchair and wouldn,t let us borrow or rent one. Ridiculous behavior! I thought I was going to have to get a Presidential pardon to check out. Being admitted and the care were excellent. The staff could not have been better. However, all they need are bars and a guard and it would be a prison when you are ready to leave. I would rate the care at five. I would rate the checkout procedure at 0 ! Beth was not cooperative at all. It was a very frustrating and unbelievable experience. Were they worried about my care or Medicare?

Posted by caring0433 August 10, 2013
1.0

I received a phone call from my Aunt and she stated that the woman in charge of the facility,( I will not mention her name) acts very pleasant to visitors and residents but then she talks badly about them when she thinks no one is listening. It has bothered my aunt so much that she is looking for a different place to live.

Posted by Hanna1 May 31, 2013
4.0

Everything in Brightwater was nice and clean because it's practically new. We were toured, and they showed us their model apartments and cottages. The apartments were very nice, roomy and well located. The staff were friendly, very accommodating, and they answered questions. They also provide shuttle to take the residents to their doctor's appointment. Everything seemed to be pretty well taken care of. We had a delicious dinner. The location though is so secluded and away from everything else.

Posted by Salvatore1 May 18, 2013

People at Caring.com told me to visit Brightwater and I just got here a couple of hours ago. The rooms are pretty good, the staff and the place are very nice.

Posted by waltonbeach90 November 28, 2012
3.0

I felt as if the atmosphere was very pleaseant and the service provided was outstanding. The living condition were excellent as well as the food that my grandfather ate daily. there was good variety in the food as well as many activities to participate in. The only thing i would complain about is the staffs relationships with eachother. To explain the staff seemed to be hostile with each other, and had continual fits wioth eachother, basically drama. it didnt conlict with there work but was unproffesional

Posted by caring6221 June 29, 2012

Our visit turned out very good. It was a beautiful facility. It's well-manicured. It's very very nice. We happened to go at a time where all the residents were in one area doing some kind of an activity. They looked happy and cheerful especially the women that we had spoken to. Some of them were very personable and had to come over and see what we're doing. Their hair was just so nice. They were dressed nice. It definitely made an impression.

The staff was accommodating and very welcoming. We were very well received. I like how they had the place decorated. It was a very well lit area. There was plenty of room, nothing to get in the way of the residents moving around. That day we visited they were making cookies and they had asked us if we wanted to taste it but we did not, but it smelled very, very good.

Location of Brightwater

Features of Brightwater

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5