Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Posted by caring0702113 July 10, 2013
3.0

We just signed the lease for The Hearth. It was not as bright and sunny as another facility we visited. It didn't feel as caring and open. However, the other facility didn't have any apartments available but this had. The administration people seemed very nice but they didn't seem to have any activities during that time. It has a city style setting.

Posted by Adam1 June 21, 2012
4.0

My grandmother belongs to the hearth after the hard decision to move her out of her home. She suffers from Alzheimer's and her memory is rapidly degrading. When we were looking for places that she would like, we came across "The Hearth" in Madison, CT. It's a nice facility that has some outstanding nurses and nice people that facilitate most of the needs of the people that live there. The food is pretty good (I've been there and stayed for dinner a few times), and the living spaces are pretty large compared to other places I've seen. Some of the people there are affected much more by the dementia than my grandmother as she is still very physically active and likes to talk to people. She had trouble adjusting to The Hearth at first, but after a few months they made her feel right at home and she actually prefers to be there. Our only complaint is that my grandma is quite stubborn and refuses to take showers, and the nurses and aids at The Hearth don't really make her take them. Part of their job is to make sure that the people living there are hygienic. In turn, my mother has to go down to Madison and convince my grandmother to take a shower (which is a difficult task.)

Posted by Private Care Manager December 20, 2011

Along with its sister facility in Branford, this is the best assisted living facility along the shoreline. Hands down. Everything is well-run and professional. The residents are treated as unique individuals and are cared for and monitored accordingly. I highly recommend this facility.

Location of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond