Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From The Atrium at Lafreniere Assisted Living

Located in Metairie, Louisiana at Interstate 10 and Veterans Memorial Boulevard just 15 minutes from New Orleans, readily accessible to shopping, churches, restaurants, and medical facilities, and is easily reached by family and friends. A block away is beautiful Lafreniere Park, where our residents can stroll, picnic, or watch the sunset.

Reviews of The Atrium at Lafreniere Assisted Living

Posted by Marie185 April 02, 2014

My father just passed after living at the Atrium for almost five years. This place is amazing, and the staff so caring. The other residents formed some very strong friendships with my father. The atrium has my highest recommendation!!

Posted by Liz Maddox December 31, 2013

My father was there for four years in the 90's and has been there again since 2011. I am very pleased with this facility. The staff is so kind and friendly. The food is delicious. In fact, they just got a new chef, and I was there at Thanksgiving time. The food was amazing, and I took a minute to introduce myself to the chef to tell him. My dad's a bit of a grump (an understatement), and when I asked him what he thought about the new chef, he said he thought he was too nosy! What do you mean, Daddy? He said he's always coming to the table to ask questions like...Did we like the meal? What was our favorite dessert? Would we prefer more fish? haha...nosy! I wish more restaurants had nosy chefs:-)

I have plenty more great things to say.

Posted by brandon83 August 31, 2012
1.0

During Hurricane Isaac and a mandatory evacuation, residents were forced to stay at the facility to reduce budget costs of transferring to a new facility. Let me repeat that, DURING A MANDATORY EVACUATION, RESIDENTS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO EVACUATE. There was no backup generator during the power outage which meant residents were forced to deal with high temperatures and limited food sources. This company should not be allowed to operate as long as the care of it's residents is not in their best interest.

Posted by Callie3 March 28, 2012
4.0

I have been there many times of the last three years. I worked with the church that meets there every Sunday afternoon. It is a lovely facility, the atmosphere is peaceful, the sunshine streaming in through the glass is cheery, the colorful fish can be quite fascinating. The residents get along well together.The attendants are pleasant to be around and I've heard them receive compliments from the harder to please people; and they respond quickly to a need. The ladies at the reception desk always have a pleasant greeting.The only negatives I have heard or seen there, is that the menu is pretty much the same every week. I know that a few of the long-term residents would appreciate a little variety in the menu. They have sandwiches every Sunday evening; I know a couple of the ladies in particular, would like to see a little more variety, in the Sunday menu mostly.

Location of The Atrium at Lafreniere Assisted Living