Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From New Horizons at Marlborough

New Horizons is a private, nonprofit independent and assisted living community on a scenic, 40-acre country campus. An affiliate of Cummings Foundation, it accommodates up to 500 seniors with personalized living plans and employs a staff of more than 125.

• Fully private rooms
  • Kitchenettes
  • Large windows
  • Telephone
  • Cable
  • Internet
  • Emergency call system
  • All the comforts of home - and more

New Horizons strives to be more than a housing development for seniors. Rather, it is a welcoming and supportive community with programs, recreation, and services designed specifically for its residents. In the central building alone, it offers many of the amenities of a small town, including a

• Hair salon
  • Apothecary
  • Large-screen theater
  • Game room
  • Heated indoor swimming pool
  • Elegant dining room

Nondenominational, New Horizons offers regular on-site Protestant and Jewish services, as well as daily Catholic Mass.

Have indoor heated lap pool, on site chapel, 40 acre campus, 2 miles from highway. AL, IL, Psych, Memory Care, and Hospice.

Reviews of New Horizons at Marlborough

Posted by Mary92749450 August 31, 2014
4.0

I went to the New Horizons at Marlborough that does the Montessori type of program, but my husband is not really ready for that yet. It was a wonderful visit. We had a long and big conversation with the fellow who was in-charge of the unit who was really, really amiable and had a lot of energy. He tries to get them to do the things that they used to like doing, and I was very impressed with it. It is also a non-profit facility and my son-in-law, who is an attorney and he does a lot of work in the health care industry, says the best place is to look at a non-profit. The rooms were very nice.

Posted by Caring80701550 March 27, 2014
3.0

New Horizons came recommended by a friend whose mother was there. I didn't like the community. It was older, and the halls were dark and not well lit. The staff was fine and very friendly. But we didn't get a good feeling. We just left. They could make it brighter and more cheerful.

Posted by Liz23 March 27, 2014
4.0

I was really impressed with New Horizons. It was very good, and I felt the place had a nice feel to it that would suit my parents. I liked the person who gave us the interview. She was very helpful and answered our questions very clearly and appropriately. I liked the rooms very much. They were clean, appropriate, and unique. They were not like out of a cookie cutter. If I had a chance to pick one, I would pick that one.

Posted by delsey March 10, 2014

My husband has started to be a visitor at Hearthstone in Marlboro, Ma. I can't say enough about the staff; they love what they do and are caring and compassionate.

Posted by Judy G. March 05, 2014
4.0

First time I ever toured a facility like this. i was very pleasantly surprised. I plan to move in to a small indep living unit in May. Seems like a good bundle of services for the cost, and I am ready to divest myself of snow clearing, oil heat buying responsibilities.

Posted by Caring66744650 January 30, 2014

My mother was at New Horizons for four years. That was a wonderful place for people who had a certain level of independence and my mother lived there and my father did, too. My father was there for five months and he passed away then she was there for another two and a half or so years. They have different levels of assisted living, too. Some people lived there until they go on hospice and then pass away there. It was a great place, a very upbeat place, a lot of wonderful people. They made it very easy for the residents to get to know each other. They had a lot of good activities. I actually taught art classes there once a month. At some point, though, when my mother began having symptoms of dementia, they couldn't handle it. They didn't have any unit for that. New Horizons was great until she couldn't be cared for there anymore.

Posted by CaringSon-in-law0000057 November 21, 2013
3.0

New Horizons was close to one of the sons and he worked in that town so that was one of the deciding factor. My father in law likes it because there's a church right beside the place and he can go to mass everyday if he likes. He moved in about a week ago. I didn't like the rooms so much; they were sort of cramped and I wouldn't call it spacious but it was well maintained. My father in law seemed to be okay there but it's too early to tell.

Posted by Caring0017 September 26, 2013

It's a beautiful place and I found no faults with it. I am very, very satisfied when I visited New Horizons. The place is spotless clean.

Posted by Aletha December 29, 2012

Top notch facility... Incredible management...Impeccable nursing care if needed...delectable meals...beautiful setting on 40 acres of gorgeous grounds...near Marlboro Hospital...Activities for every personality.

Posted by Margurite June 28, 2012

What's good about this place is that the price is reasonable. I don't have to pay a lot of money and it's very cost effective. I like their apartments because they're very spacious and I love big spaces. I like their large closets too. Their dining room is very spacious for all of the residents. I need to sell my house first within the year and then I will be moving in to this facility.

Posted by Pete Z. February 29, 2012
4.0

My mother-in-law has lived at New Horizons for several years. It is an attractive, clean facility that offers many amenities to those who live there. All of the staff with whom I've interacted have been polite and professional. My family and I have eaten several holiday meals in their dining facility and always found the quality of the food and number of choices quite impressive. Apparently the facility offers several different levels of medical care to their residents; my mother-in-law lives independently in a generously-sized studio apartment. My mother-in-law participates in poetry and book-reading groups, as well as having a regular card-playing circle. They also show classic movies on a large-screen TV, and offer shuttle service to local shopping destinations. When my son was younger, highlights of his visit to "Nana" at New Horizons included using their swimming pool (in which my mother-in-law has also taked Tai Chi classes), baking cookies in the communal kitchenettes provided on each floor, and enjoying the large aquarium (complete with turtles) in the lobby.

Location of New Horizons at Marlborough

• Diet extra: Food prepared from scratch daily

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Psychiatric care
  • Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Pool
  • Features extra: Indoor Pool, Greenhouse

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,300
  • Highest monthly rate: 6,492

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5