Cost

Starting at $4,100/mo. - $5,900/mo. (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook

The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook is dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors by encouraging them to enjoy and express their independence in a luxurious setting. We boast gourmet dining, beautiful surroundings, weekly laundry and housekeeping services, cablevision and scheduled transportation to shopping, community activities and group outings.

At The Bristal, individuals will find that help is available, if needed, for personal care, medication management, meals, housekeeping, laundry, recreation and 24-hour per day supervision with our high staff-to-resident ratio, compassionate, and expertly-trained staff. Residents have a choice of friendship suites, studios, and one bedroom apartments, replete with roomy kitchens and generous bathrooms. In addition, each Bristal houses a special area call Reflections for those adults who have early to mid-stage Alzheimer's and other memory related cognitive disorders.

The Bristal at Lynbrook could not be more conveniently situated. Endless shopping, dining, banking and more lies literally in every direction of the village, and there's Greis Park right nearby. It's easy to visit with your loved ones at The Bristal, because it's located so close to the border of Nassau County and Queens, NY. Countless places of worship, entertainment and culture about, not to mention plentiful South Shore recreation.

Reviews of The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook

Posted by Caring82687050 April 12, 2014

The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook was very good. They have everything you can think of. The staff that assisted me was very helpful and answered all my questions. The rooms were very neat, very pretty, and large. The dining room was magnificent. Overall, I'm impressed with this community.

Posted by Joe31 March 26, 2014
4.0

I find The Bristal at Lynbrook to be a very good facility. The physicality of the place was very nice. The staff were very nice and very helpful. And I felt that they were high quality professional staff also. Aesthetically the food were very nice. The woman who took us on a tour was very lovely.

Posted by tomjomil January 28, 2014

My mother is 100 years old but she?s still living independently. I brought her to the Bristal. It's a lovely place and when the time comes, I told them that they would be on the top of our list. I thought it was great. First of all, the proximity to my house is wonderful because I could see her just the way I see her now and I thought the facilities were bright and cheery, the people were lovely, three wonderful meals. It?s a little pricey for my mother truthfully but I?m looking into the Veterans Affairs and see if they could help supplement some of her income. The facility, I thought, was excellent. They have a beautiful dining area. They have all kinds of activities. I was very favorably impressed. They gave us a lovely lunch. We went down there with three or four of the women who live there. The food was excellent. I couldn't believe it. I had a shrimp salad. The menu was wonderful. But it?s expensive. I wrote them a letter thanking them for the opportunity and how much I enjoyed their facility.

Posted by Caring90641 October 30, 2013
4.0

I found The Bristal on the Caring.com website. We chose them because it's clean, has the lowest price of all the Bristals and it has a convenient location for the family members. My mother said that the food is very good. She has a separate room there with a bathroom. She finds the place comfortable. She likes it there because they have a lot of activities.

Posted by Caring06050804 August 10, 2013

I visited the Bristal once and I liked it very much. The location was also good. The room sizes were very good. The place was very nice and clean. The staff was very nice and very friendly. It offered a lot of care. From what I saw I would recommend this place.

Posted by Carmen7 July 25, 2013

We visited The Bristal and it's a very nice place. I liked it a lot but it's too expensive and they don't accept any insurance like Medicare or Medicaid. Their staff are very attentive and very nice.

Posted by Caring 6409 May 11, 2013
3.0

The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook was a clean facility and looked like a good place to stay. However, the shared rooms were smaller and it seemed like there was no privacy between the two residents. The beds seemed to close together and only a divider in the center. The price was slightly cheaper to the other facility. This would be my second option for my dad.

Posted by danie111 December 22, 2012

I visited my grandmother at this facility. She seemed to be happy and the staff was very friendly and respectful towards her. I knew she was in good hands the moment I set foot into this building. It was also very clean and orderly so I have an easy time imagining that they take good care of her all of the time. She said the medical staff was excellent towards her and that she enjoyed the activities with the other residents. Every day there were different activities for her to do so she seemed to definitely be happy. Everyone I interacted with was very helpful. The building itself was very nice and roomy. She had also said that the food there was good, she loves breakfast the most. She has also seemed to be very sociable and she has been forming new friendships. I have not encountered service this good at other living facilities that I have visited.

Posted by Will Ransom December 13, 2012

When my mother has reached a few years after her retirement she wanted to sell her house and began researching assisted living facilities in hr area. She knew a few people from her church that had moved to the Bristal and she liked what they offered her and their reasonable monthly rate. The facility is very clean and spacious and the staff their is exceptional. Everything looks new and the upkeep is exceptional. She is close to the community she lived in for 50 years and she has easy access to shopping and activities. Include this with plenty of activities the staff provides she says that she has never been bored. They also have a caring medical staff that is always available and this was a relief to my mother as she worries as she has gotten older. She raves about how warm and caring the nursing staff is and I don't worry at all with her care in their hands. Great Place for Family Peace of Mind.

Posted by mzchrissy4177 October 24, 2012
4.0

It seemed to be very elegant and fancy looking but the staff was very down to earth. Everyone treated my grandma very well, everyone was nice to her and very caring. it made me feel that she was receiving the best care she could get even though she was not at home with her family. I was hesitant at first but when I saw the care she was being given I knew it was ok. My grandma had parkinson's disease and alzheimer's disease and needed a great deal of attention and care towards the end.

Posted by Trapper3 September 13, 2012

I visited the facility to visit my uncle. The facility was very elegant and upscale. I am unaware of the cost to stay here, but it looks like they did not spare expenses in making the place look nice. All the rooms I saw were very well kept and clean. The lobby and all of the halls were also very high class. I did not interact with the staff extensively, but they did seem very friendly and caring, and my observation of them interacting with the residents was the same. There was also large amount of medical staff and it seemed all of the residents were well cared for. Everything looked organized with plenty of options for activities and outings. The residents were also very friendly and it looked like everyone got along. Another positive was that there was plenty of space and it was not crowded like some residents were complaining of in other facilities. All in all, it looked like a wonderful place to stay.

Posted by theBESTgrandson84 May 30, 2012

Well, it should be known that we looked at many places for my father, and eventually found one that was better than The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook. However, my time at this assisted living center was enjoyable. The rooms we were shown provided a solid sense of amusement and entertainment. The rooms were comfortable, warm, and welcoming. Additionally, the staff was extremely helpful and provided a good sense of direction, structure, and care about their jobs and the current status of their residents. The location of The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook is also in a prime location, located just off of sunrise highway. Finally, this assisted living center provides weekly trips to different locations, such as movies theater visits. In the end, the decision to not leave my father here was because the facility scared my father a little bit, and although the facility was right off a major road, it was not close enough for his comfort and he did not want to be forgotten about like some families use these types of places for. If that is not a concern for someone looking to attend this assisted living center, then The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook is a prime location for anyone who needs top level treatment to stay.

Posted by grandchild08 November 17, 2011

Overall, I would say that this nursing home provides exceptional service. My grandmother recently fell ill, and had to be sent here for a minimum three month stay. Under the expert care of doctors and nurses, my grandmother is now smoothly on the road to recovery. My grandmother has enjoyed her time at this nursing home so much that she does not want to go home! Prior to being sent to this nursing home, she lived alone in a big house, and spent much of her time in isolation, with only the radio and TV as company. Thanks to the nursing home, she has an abundance of activities to choose from, including her favorite--gambling at a casino! She has made tons of friends during her stay here, and is quite reluctant to return home after her stay is finished. Another aspect that my grandmother really loves about this nursing home is the extensive care to detail that the nurses have. When she first arrived at the nursing home, she was in an extremely feeble, malnourished condition. The nurses were able to nurse her back to health--they completely took over her feeding, bathing, and grooming during her convalescence period.

Posted by LonnyEffulgent June 22, 2011
4.0

My grandfather stayed here for about 7 or 8 months. He loved the social aspect of it. They had weekly trips to theaters and other various events. They had scheduled card games, bingo, and parties. The community areas were beautiful and large enough to fit many residents at the same time. From my few visits, it seemed that the staff members were not only capable, but that they genuinely cared about doing the best job they could. They went out of their way to make sure not only that every resident was getting the best physical care that they required but also that their emotional needs were being met. The communal breakfast area allows both friends and new acquaintances to feel comfortable in their own environment, while the vast size of the room also allows for privacy for those who desire it.

Location of The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook