Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Horizon Bay - Louisville

Horizon Bay - Louisville provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Louisville, KY community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Horizon Bay - Louisville can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Horizon Bay - Louisville is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Louisville, KY community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Reviews of Horizon Bay - Louisville

Posted by Beverly36 April 23, 2014

My friend is at Horizon Bay – Louisville. The friendliness of the people and the staff is what we liked the most at this facility. The food is good; it's the normal stuff that you fix for the elderly. I am very pleased with this facility. The facility provides outings, they get together to watch TV, they have an excellent library, and they play bingo. Compared to the other facility my friend is at, this facility is definitely outstanding.

Posted by Terry24 April 10, 2014

Horizon Bay is really clean, and the people there were really nice. It seemed like a pretty good layout, something that she would like. The staff seemed like they were all professional. We spoke with the chef in the dining area, and we spoke to a couple of people who were heads of different areas, too. They have outside activities where they take you to shopping centers. They have prayer rooms, arts and crafts, a library, and a place where they can get their hair done. They pretty much have everything. I think it was a new facility, so the rooms were pretty, nice, and clean. They remodeled and spruced up a couple of different units. To me, it was nice.

Posted by Caring8590 April 01, 2014
4.0

Horizon Bay was very warm and welcoming. The rooms were very nice, and they were apartment-style rooms. The staff answered all my concerns. They had exercise, an exercise room, and puzzles. The dining room appeared to be very pretty and organized. The residents appeared well cared for and happy.

Posted by Sandra46 February 28, 2014
3.0

The environment at Horizon Bay was very nice; however, I didn't see any activities there. The staff was very nice except for one individual who did a home assessment with my mom. I wasn't really pleased with her visit with my mom.

Posted by Donna79194150 February 28, 2014

Horizon Bay is an excellent facility. The person we work with, Rick, was absolutely wonderful. The staff is very friendly and professional. The one bedroom was a little bit small but still very nice. We went to lunch with my mother and the food was excellent. They take them to their doctor's appointments. I know they have games throughout the day.

Posted by Thomas25 December 30, 2013
4.0

I've been to Horizon Bay for a visit. As far as the facility itself, it looks very clean, well maintained, and modern. It had all the right infrastructure for what they are doing – big wide doors and easy to navigate halls. It was a topnotch facility. The staff that I talked to was professional. The posted schedule of activities was filled with many activities.

Posted by June0192 September 16, 2013
4.0

My dad was in the personal care area of Horizon Bay-Louisville. I chose it because of the level of personal care. He needed more care than assisted living and he didn't need a nursing home yet. The level of nursing and medical care was higher. I had concerns but I had addressed all of them. The food was average, they made meals that all the residents would like. The staff turn over was not as severe as the other facility where he stayed before. They had activities and he joined in them too. It was expensive but they provided more care for the money.

Posted by Margaret20 August 15, 2013
3.0

My mother-in-law has been in Horizon Bay for ten years now. To me it is not appealing. The furniture and the carpeting are dark and there are few windows. In the dining room, there are no windows, but some of the offices outside have many windows. She is in an apartment with a living room and a bedroom with a closet and a little sitting room with a closet also and a small kitchen with a sink, a microwave and a small refrigerator, but no room for a table. They have a dining room, but she choose to have her meals in her room. They have some activities, but she doesn't want to join them.

Posted by Ann20 April 30, 2013

We viewed the 1-bedroom at Horizon Bay. It had a nice layout and it looked really roomy. The grounds looked really nice and well-kept. The outside of the facility was really homey. They had a big porch on the front and rocking chairs on it too. Staffing was good. They were helpful. The social worker that gave us the tour said she'll give me a call if she has a special price to offer and to see if everything is going okay with my mother.

Location of Horizon Bay - Louisville