Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Brittany House

Posted by Leah8 May 30, 2014
4.0

My mom is in Brittany House. It is five miles from my brother's house, so it is convenient for him. They are very accommodating. It has four different sections, and the one you're in depends on your level of care. She has dementia, and she needs the one she's at. It's two people in a room. In my mom's unit, there are 28 people, and the food is only for the 28 of them. They have a very good cook there, and the food is very good.

Posted by Rcgonzo May 30, 2012
2.0

I had a walking tour of this facility last school year. I was expecting something different when I first entered the facility, for the reason being that the front lobby staff was very friendly. There was a woman there who was going to visit her mom. The lady behind the desk was pretty friendly. She also had me and the other two students that were with me wait for the gentlman that was going to take us on the walking tour of the facility. This was honestly the only time I saw a friendly staff out of all the staff I saw that day behind that door with a code to get in. After that day, I vowed I would NEVER put my mom in a facility. The students that were with me felt the same. This facility also houses the elderly with dementia. The staff was very rude and impatient with these poor elderly victims. An elderly man was calling for help because he couldn't get up from his chair. A young lady went to to assist him and started yelling at him. She then grabbed him by his shirt to help him up and was yelling at him the entire time to stop complaining. He was saying his back was hurting him when she was pulling his shirt. The gentlman that was touring us around just ignored it but did look a bit embarrassed. I did see some activities going on such as a lady playing the piano and singing with the elderly. There was also a chair excercise class that was going on that they seemed to enjoy but after seeing how most of the staff treated these elderly individuals, the extra curricular activities didn't even matter at that point. I left that facility depressed and I say a little prayer for these people still now everytime I drive by this facility.

Posted by Ms Irene G May 09, 2012

When my mother first came to live with me, I thought..piece of cake. then 2-3 years under my care, her dementia worsened, and my skills became overwhelming. I sought help, and went and visited several different places in my area. Of all the places I went to, I found Brittany House. Aside from being a beautiful and clean establishment, it has a such a wonderful staff. They accommodate each patient, at their level of dementia. Very loving and caring nurses, and also has a monthly meeting for friends and relatives who want to share their experience, strength and hope. Also,during these meetings, you can have questions answered with nurses who also attend the meeting and staff doctor. Fortunately, mom's dementia became tolerable, and I have decided to keep her with me, for now. But I now feel very comfortable, when the time comes, and I can no longer care for her, I will be enrolling her here, because it is definitely a "home away from home" atmosphere. Oh yes, and one more thing, while I was being given a tour, a lady came in, which I thought was a nurse, and all the patients that were there, seem to be so happy to see her, I thought it was so sweet, and I was introduced to her, and come to find out, she was dropping in, which she does on a daily basis, and she was not a nurse, she was a daughter of a patient who had passed away there a few years before, and she fell in love with the patients, that she still chooses to come in daily and brighten up their day. I guess you can say, that for me, meant a whole lot. I simply thought it was beautiful .I highly recommend Brittany House.

Posted by mariz October 10, 2011
4.0

This facility provides service to resident's with memory loss problems. They have the finest residential living and care programs for their residents in Long Beach. They also have an everyday activity program specifically designed for their residents.

Posted by Caring413786 September 23, 2011

I attended a meeting at this facility and had a tour. They are Residential Alzheimer's Care which is secured. It is very safe. The hallways are spacious and what I was most impressed with are the 24 hr activity programs. The staff escorts the resident's to and from meals and activities to make sure they participate. This also is important to prevent falls. The garden paths are beautiful for walking and enjoying the outdoors. They have also of areas outdoors to socialize. The resident's rooms seem personalized like they were at home. I would recommend this facility for placement of a loved one.

Location of Brittany House

Features of Brittany House

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5