Cost

Accepting inquiries

From Emeritus at West Side Manor

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Reviews of Emeritus at West Side Manor

Posted by Henry10 July 29, 2014
3.0

My mom moved in at Emeritus in the fall of 2013. We were comfortable with the layout and with the price, and they made a very good impression. In general, her experience there has been positive. The food is satisfactory. As a matter of fact, food has improved since she has been there. The highlight of this place is that the staff is very responsive. Everyone is friendly and supportive. Everyone listens and they do what they can. However, there are times that it appears as though they are pretty short-staffed. However, my mom is very pleased with the action and interaction with staff members. One thing my mom would love to see though would be more activity choices. Bingo and trivia get old fast. However, they have hired an assistant, somebody who is there to pick up some of the activity responsibilities when the director is out on field trips with some of the residents. Overall, I would say my mother was pretty satisfied with their activities though it feels like there could be some more enriching activities to look forward to during the day.

Her room is a private room. It is small but it is perfect size for her. She has her own bathroom, so it seems fine. Living environment is fine. There seems to be plenty of room for large group as well as small group activities. The dining room seems to be very spacious. The actual physical layout of the building seems to be fine.

Posted by Todd3 July 19, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at West Side Manor is phenomenal. They are excellent. We met all the people. The recreation person and the person who runs the show are both wonderful. I have nothing but good to say. They answered all our questions on the spot. My mother-in-law moved in there in March, and it has been wonderful. They have things every day, like exercise programs and games. They bring them to doctor's appointments. The other thing we like is that they have assembly night once a month where we go in and eat with everybody, which is nice. The food is fantastic, and it's a big plus. They have their main course; they have choices, and stuff for people who have special dietary needs. It is really just like your own home. So, you can come in and out any time. I highly recommend them. I can tell you right now, if you can get in there, you are darn lucky because you are going to love it.

Posted by Caring85917750 June 26, 2014

Emeritus at West Side Manor is only about twenty minutes from our house. Everybody there is so nice. Everybody talks, and the rooms are very nice. My husband's great aunt likes it there. The dining table always has a tablecloth and everything. They have different activities to do and different exercises. Once a month they have what they call family night, and my husband and I go there every time, and it is free. They have some entertainment, and it is really, really nice. She is very happy there. They have Bingo all the time, charades, and then they all have their morning exercises and watching TV. It is just really pleasant there. They have different things going on all the time. The rooms and everything are spotless. They take and wash the clothes, and the food is excellent. Everything is really good there.

Posted by Fred17 June 17, 2014
4.0

My son-in-law's father is at Emeritus at West Side Manor. The admissions people were very gracious. They presented a lot of information, answered any questions we had, showed us the room, and introduced us to some of the staff and the residents, so it was a very easy process. From what I hear, my son-in-law's father is enjoying the stay. The staff is very caring and supportive. Also he said the meals are great. The activity schedule is a full one, and he is enjoying that, too. He has made some new friends. Everything seems to be going quite well. The rooms are comfortable, and he is allowed to do a certain amount of personalization of the area. It seems to meet his needs quite well. I would definitely recommend them.

Posted by Deb10 February 28, 2014
4.0

The location of Emeritus at West Side Manor is convenient for us because it's close and we get to see her easily. The facility is very nice and pleasant. The staff seemed very enthusiastic and very helpful and so far so good, but she has only been there three weeks. She has a room and it is very nicely done. It’s very clean, carpeted, private bath, large closet, enough room for a single bed, a dresser, side table, and a chair. They have a lot going on. They do bingo, music, movie nights, and wine nights. They also go to trips out to shopping and to church. They also offer transportation to medical appointments. They provide three meals a day although they don’t have choices but their menu is good.

Posted by Christine59618761 January 28, 2014

My husband and I visited Emeritus at West Side Manor. The place was beautiful and I love it. We got a room for mom there and we even signed the contract. They repainted the room. They put new carpeting, a new heating, and a new air conditioning unit in the room, but unfortunately mom was not able to set foot in there because she died. The staff there was wonderful. I've eaten there and the food was very good.

Posted by Nancy76219550 January 28, 2014
4.0

Emeritus at West Side Manor is a very clean and friendly place. The staff was good and we even have lunch there. The visit was all good.

Posted by Caring06050721 July 25, 2013
4.0

My mom went from rehab and moved here in Emeritus at West Side Manor. It is a little change for her, but she is acclimating there right now. Everything is very clean and everybody is friendly. The staff also is very helpful and they answer all of your questions. Emeritus is a better fit for my mom; however, they could improve on their quickness in responding to the call button.

Posted by Dorothy21 July 24, 2013

Emeritus is very homey and it has a lot to offer as far as activities. It is relatively close to my home and I have a very spacious room. After having been here for two years, the food is pretty bad. I like the staff and the residents; they're wonderful people. We have multiple activities which are enjoyable and we take field trips on a bus. I am very happy here and when I move it's going to be very hard.

Posted by Fran9 June 25, 2013
4.0

My mother like the homelike atmosphere when we entered the facility. The people were friendly and helpful. The dining room seemed pleasant. There were many activities to choose from.

Posted by jlrb May 28, 2013
4.0

My mom was at Emeritus at West Side Manor. We chose it because it was close to home and there were a lot of advantages that we thought were essential. The place was very nice, clean and well-staffed. They had a lot of activities and she had her own private room.

Location of Emeritus at West Side Manor