Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Forest Trace

Posted by Arnold4 September 29, 2013
4.0

My parents have been in Forest Trace for about 12 years now. They're 103 and 104, they're getting weaker and weaker and they haven't been eating much lately. The facility has breakfast and dinner prepared. However, my parents are so weak they don't even go down anymore and their aides make food in their apartment there for them. The facility does not provide round the clock care individually so we have aides coming in to help with their care. I would recommend Forest Trace for people who are somewhat younger and more mobile than my parents.

Posted by Ronnie1 September 21, 2013

Forest Trace is an ideal place to live in. This was the last place we visited and, right then and there, I knew this was the place for my mom. In fact, she has already left a deposit there. It is a gated community. It is on a 73-acre of land and it is kept immaculately clean. The community is bright, exciting and friendly. It is also more modern and a lot more up-to-date than most places are. The apartments are the biggest that we have seen. The dining room is like a fine dining restaurant. We didn't stay for the food but we were invited though. They also invited us to join their happy hour. They had a singer performing at that time. Overall, Forest Trace is just a perfect place. It may cost more money, but it is worth every penny.

Posted by perthette August 15, 2013
4.0

My parents live in this community. The grounds are beautiful and well cared for. The staff is wonderful. It's like a family. There is a Wellness Center which the residents have access to. In case of emergency someone from the Wellness Center is always there.The entertainment is good and appropriate for their audience. In my opinion the food tries too hard to be gourmet, Generally, I think simpler less saucy recipes would be better. On the other hand the menu offers many choices so there's always something for everyone. The common areas are always being updated and cared for and are very clean. The apartments themselves, could use some updating. Forest Trace was a good choice for my family. My parents are safe and well cared for. I don't think it gets much better.

Posted by William12 July 30, 2013

The apartments at Forest Trace are mediocre. They have 1-size apartment and that's about it. They have a new director there. The food is I think the best. It's the best you'll find. The people were nice and the activities as well as entertainment were excellent. They have famous entertainers that would come out, but it was not the kind that I was interested in. I stayed there for almost a year.

Posted by RockinErica July 06, 2012
4.0

My grandmother was a resident here until her passing last year. The staff were always kind and caring but the thing that made her choose living here as opposed to a traditional 55+ community such as Century Village was the staffs sense of fun. My grandmother was a lively mischievous woman and every other facility and community we visited left her feeling as if they considered her feeble and disposable. Not so here. The staff didn't just care for her, they played with her and went along with her antics. Never once did I visit and have her tell me she was bored - Thank you for making the twilight of her life just as much of a crazy fun ride as the rest of it.

Posted by Sun7Shine April 10, 2012
4.0

Forest Trace is a high class assisted living facility (ALF) with numerous amenities. The ALF offers clients their own room, has a pleasant dining area with a variety of healthy and gourmet foods and has a wide variety of activities. The activities include exercise classes, games, live music entertainment shows and a variety of movies in a theatrical setting. The ALF also has periodic community outings. The ALF staff honor resident birthdays with a balloons and cards. The ALF has well maintained landscape which contains a variety of plants and manmade bodies of water. The ALF has a very classy and attractive interior with numerous indoor and outdoor sitting areas. Sometimes live piano playing performances occur in the main lobby of the ALF. The only negative experience was with some of the staff. I observed an employee whom may have been a CNA yelling at an elderly female resident. Other ALF office staff was also rude when spoken to and asked for assistance.

Posted by statesmen23 August 03, 2011

Forest Trace has a country club type atmosphere. There is free golf at the course next door, bike trails, tennis courts, and a heated olympic-size swimming pool are just some of the outdoor activites to enjoy. There is happy hour each night in the piano bar. The Grossinger Theater will bring back memories of the Catskills with top comedy, song, and dance acts entertaining residents. The friendly housekeeping staff is always busy cleaning resident apartments because weekly cleaning is included! The active lifestyle at Forest Trace will keep you feeling younger than your age!

Posted by ima mess July 27, 2011
4.0

Forest Trace is a wonderful and caring community. The sales staff and the wait staff will bend over backwards to fill your every need. We moved there 2 months ago and are VERY happy.

Location of Forest Trace