Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Pinecrest Place

Pinecrest Place provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Largo, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Pinecrest Place can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Pinecrest Place is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Largo, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Reviews of Pinecrest Place

Posted by Caring77416350 February 26, 2014

Pinecrest is excellent. It’s a large community. We’ve eaten there and the dining facilities are excellent. The food, the menu and the transportation are. I see they have a good transportation schedule and they’ll take you anywhere you want to go. They have an activities calendar. The staff is excellent. That’s why we decided we want to go there.

Posted by Caring78117850 February 13, 2014
4.0

Pinecrest was great and we met with Debra who was our contact there. She was real close to my dad in age and she was very nice and diligent in following up with everything. We had lunch and the food was delicious. The rooms were very spacious with huge closets. It had a living room, bedroom, a full bathroom and kitchen. It had a beautiful view and the building had no smell. You could tell the residents were very well kept, they seemed very happy and they were interacting with others.

Posted by Caring73898750 January 31, 2014
4.0

My mom lives in Pinecrest Place. It is more reasonable for my mom at this time with her financial situation. I liked their accommodation for the memory care unit. They keep the facility very clean. My mom's room is spacious. She has a full size bed and a dresser. I wish she had a better view, but it is the only room available. I also wish they can decorate the room a little better. Initially they say it comes furnished, but when I am signing the contract, they say that it did not, but they end up partially furnishing it. Actually, I still have to talk to them this week about maybe putting other pieces of furniture for her. The staff and nurses are very nice. The CNAs and the aides give excellent care. The doctor and the physician's assistant visits once a week. They check in the patients. The food is very good. They always have recreation for the seniors.

Posted by Caring76426650 January 30, 2014
4.0

As far as I know Pinecrest Place is a good place. My dad is in there. I'm not sure about their activities, but I'm sure that they do everything they can to keep their residents happy. The food is good. The people seemed to be very friendly.

Posted by evergreens January 28, 2014

A positive experience all the way around. Beautiful facility, a supportive and friendly staff and more amenities than I expected.

Posted by Caring64973150 January 28, 2014

We looked at Pinecrest. It was very nice but what's the problem was the price. I don't think we'll be able to afford to go into it. I found the rooms compared to what we have, very small and the location was a little further out and it's a lovely place. There's no reason not to go there. We actually went in unexpected and they invited us to dinner that night and we had a marvelous dinner. I don't think there's anything missing from Pinecrest. It's really great.

Posted by Caring76438350 December 30, 2013
4.0

I had a very positive visit at Pinecrest Place. My sister made a trip there with my mother that I had arranged and I followed it up with a visit separately when I was down there. My sister's visit was a little more involved because she was with my mother and they had lunch there. They experienced the dining room and all that. They really liked that. They had special parking with our names when we showed up. It was just a very informative, friendly and inclusive visit. But I wasn't crazy about their bathroom. I didn't think they were truly handicapped accessible that they should have been. She actually had a safer bathroom in her own home. You had to climb over a little curve to get in and out of the shower and there wasn't a grip where it needed to be when you get in and out. Then when I complained about it, they had showed me other apartment wherein they had upgraded a little more and they had add up the appropriate grip and cut out the curve. So, you still had entry that was lower. But there wasn't a seat in there. It was like you gained and lost. That was the biggest downfall. It was the most challenging for an elderly living alone. The place was also rather big and a lot to navigate for an elder lady. But everything else was a homerun. The apartment was spacious, clean and nicely done. The dining room was great.

Posted by Julie25 December 02, 2013

We chose Pinecrest and we are really happy with the facility. The staff is really nice and it's just a really nice place. They have a lot of activities and they take the residents out. They have been there for about two months now and they are really happy there.

Posted by LovelyLady000091 November 23, 2013

Pine Crest is wonderful. It's clean, beautiful, and everything looks up to date. It's very impressive from the whole overlook of it. It had nice views from the rooms. It's big and it sits on a golf course. They have elevators and a big dining room. Their staff was helpful, friendly, and very accommodating. They have very reasonable rates and the food is good. We wanted mom and dad to move there, but it was too far from the VA facility. It would have been my choice.

Posted by Barbara65838050 September 29, 2013

Pinecrest Place was beautiful and gorgeous, no doubt about it. It was decorated beautifully and more hospital-like. I only spoke to the sales representatives and everybody was very friendly and helpful. I saw one person at the desk. I didn't see too many of the staff there. A medical personnel came twice a week. The rooms were lovely, they had their own beauty shop and it was just convenient for everything. They had happy hour and movie night too. However, they did not take Medicaid, only private pay. I would have put my mom there if I had the money.

Posted by caring8428 May 31, 2013
1.0

The place was really good, and I have no complaints when my mom was in the independent living. But they are totally inept and incompetent in the assisted living. They didn't know what they were doing. The person that's in-charge of the assisted living, the manager side and the nursing side, are terribly incompetent. It was very frustrating for me. And since my mother has Alzheimer's, she can barely communicate with people. So I couldn't ask her questions, and I can only ask the staff. The staff was not communicating. They knew I was the primary caregiver, but they never informed me of any health issue. No one would answer my emails. They were not nice to me and my mom.

Posted by caring0401313 April 17, 2013
3.0

I drove 20 miles down to Pinecrest Place and I'm disabled, so it's not easy for me to get there. But, when I got there, a lady from their staff told me that they're not taking anybody with scooters. I thought it was very rude and it kind of pissed me off because they knew I had a scooter, but made the appointment anyway. I would not have had any reason to drive all the way down there.

Posted by Caring 1760 March 28, 2013
4.0

Pinecrest was very well-maintained. I liked it a lot. However, it was not as luxurious as that of where my sister-in-law is currently at. The activities center is smaller. I sampled the food and it wasn't as tasty.

Posted by Marigold1 February 15, 2013

Pinecrest Place is more of a condo turned into a facility. It is probably one of the least expensive. But it didn't include meals, and it didn't include a lot of things. But every day they would have different activities. They also have a little movie theater and a lot other amenities. Condo associations don't have a lot of grounds to walk, but they do have an area where they could get out and walk their dogs. The staff is very nice, the place is clean, and there's a parking garage. The units are like a regular apartment with a full kitchen.

Posted by Mary Anne2 January 25, 2013

I like Pinecrest Place. It is very, very nice. It's a little more expensive, but a little bit more classy. The people are extremely friendly and helpful and the food is very good. We liked the apartments very, very much. The ones we looked at were overlooking the golf course and the lake.

Posted by KO Lady January 18, 2013

Late last summer we made the decision to place our mother/mother-in-law into assisted living. We noticed some progressive memory loss and felt she needed some assistance. We looked at several places in the Largo area and found Pinecrest to meet all of her needs. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, the smiling faces of both residents and staff, the great food, the abundance of activities, etc. Our mother was very resistant to the notion of being moved and was not cooperative during the interviews. However, she relented and was moved in an unbelievable short timeframe by a mover that Pinecrest recommended. (They were excellent!) After 3 weeks, our mother was still having difficulty finding her way around and understanding directions. The staff notified us and recommended that she be placed in their memory care unit. She's been there since mid September and is adjusting beautifully. She now call s this her home and she thinks she's been there for years. She is very happy with the staff and they are attentive. Since we are out of state, we cannot be there regularly to check on her so they keep us up to speed with what's going on. We REALLY like Pinecrest and it deserves the high ratings that it receives. We couldn't have done any better for our mother.

Posted by Margaret Trezona December 16, 2012

a very well run facility supplying all my needs, services, etc. also provides either rental or purchase plans at fair priced. It is Nivenand clean and provides many services, entertainment and bus services. all necessary needs are met adequately.

Posted by Caring9656 November 02, 2012

We had three meals at the Pinecrest. The food was good. The place was very pleasant as well as the people that live there. The apartments are nice and the atmosphere is very good. They have an outdoor pool.

Posted by Steve7 August 14, 2012

Absolutely fabulous facility! They were terrific. Absolutely terrific. They showed us around and they were informative. I thought they did everything right. I like the place, it was very good. We get to sample their food and it was great. I was very impressed with everything. I thought they were excellent!

Posted by Michaelsmith34 March 10, 2012
4.0

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post a review about this place because it was fairly pleasant to visit. I recently had to move my mother to this facility because she didn't like being alone. She actually was excited to go unlike the others that i have heard of. I heard a few horror stories about assisted living homes but i decided to give it a shot. My first impression were fairly good, we checked her in and we explored the building. First things first,it feels like you are in a hotel. It looks like a hotel and even smells like a hotel. Her room was pretty fancy, looking out towards the pool. They boast a nice array of things to do, such as billiards, computer labs, libraries, a heated pool. and some fun classes and such. The employees seemed very kind and willing to help us out if we needed anything. The only complaint that i have is the patio by the pool seemed a little dirty when i visited; maybe it was just dirty the day i went im not sure. Overall it seems like a nice place for her, she has only been there for a month so hopefully she will like it more after time goes on.

Location of Pinecrest Place