Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Estates at Carpenters

Posted by Barbara29075550 April 12, 2014

Excellent facility! If I were ready to change my residence, this is the community that I would go to. The Estates at Carpenters is a community where you can buy your own unit, and that takes you through from just living on your own to assisted living and nursing home for only an additional cost. Each unit has a nice-sized kitchen, refrigerator, stove, oven, and microwave; you could do your own cooking if you choose. You can also get a unit that is like a studio or one or two-bedroom. All the rooms have large windows so you can see out. The staff is trained and very helpful. They provide transportation to doctors, hospital, and they have regular scheduled outings. They have a beauty shop and a barber shop on the campus. Security is excellent. They have a guard at the gate at night or if there are special occasions. They have excellent outside facilities, beautiful ponds with fountains, and they have lots of trees.

Posted by Caring77800050 January 31, 2014

My aunt lives at Estates at Carpenters. I was able visit the place. It's a large campus and it's nicely landscaped. I was able to see their common rooms. They have a craft and game room. I guess I would say the thing that stands out is that they seemed to have all the basics covered in the sense that there are a lot of conveniences located right there on site. There's transportation to medical appointment or shopping. They have excursions that they arrange for the residents to go. I only interacted with only a couple staff very briefly and they were very friendly, professional, warm, and welcoming.

Posted by Carol67469150 August 30, 2013

We liked Estates at Carpenters because it's very nice. The people were very friendly. The dining room was big and they had a good menu. The food was good and available between 12 noon and 6 in the evening. The apartment was in a nice size for one-bedroom and came in with an oven, a refrigerator and a big walk-in closet. It also had a private balcony. They had a game room, a library, a pool and a Jacuzzi. There was a small office with an enlarging and a shredding machine. They had 24-hour security. If the price was a little lower, dad could have moved right in.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd May 09, 2012
4.0

We visited the The Estates at Carpenters in Lakeland while in the area looking for a suitable assisted living facility for my friend's mother.

Many of their family members live in the area, so this would be an ideal place for her to live.

The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly - which is the most important thing to the family. The foyer was nicely decorated and seemed homey, as did all of the communal rooms.

The rooms were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes.

The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Residents may choose communal dining or more private situations. There are places for them to visit with families, as well.

The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage resident to make suggestions.

The activity calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encouraged participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents.

They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and athletic activities. They take suggestions to update the schedule as much as possible.

We've visited quite a few assisted living facilities in the area and found the staff at this one to be particularly friendly and competent.

Location of The Estates at Carpenters