Cost

Accepting inquiries

From Emeritus at Burr Ridge

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Reviews of Emeritus at Burr Ridge

Posted by SpringLPH April 04, 2014
4.0

I toured this facility looking for a place for my Dad. It appears to be more assisted than independent living (which is not what we are looking for). The place is very clean, and I like that three meals a day are included, as well as all utilities. The studio was very small though - no kitchen area, just a microwave and tiny fridge in a closet like a hotel. Staff seemed very nice/friendly. Not enough activities for someone truly independent - but probably a nice choice for someone who isn't quite as active.

Posted by Caring76376150 December 28, 2013

My parents have move to Emeritus and it's very nice. Their rooms have enough space. They haven't had any complaint about the food and the dining room.

Posted by Caring72102050 November 28, 2013
3.0

The grounds at Emeritus were very nice. They had an area for people with memory issues where they could not get out. They could go to the courtyard but they couldn't get out of the building. The staff was wonderful. The room was okay. But it was another place that had a microwave in the room. I was concerned because I know my dad could forget how to work the microwave. A refrigerator was fine but not a microwave. They had entertainment there also. They had a man playing a sax and trumpet; he was very good. However, it seemed that there were a lot of older people because they were sleeping during the program.

Posted by Jenny8 August 15, 2013

It was a comfortably nice and complete facility with very informative and helpful people.

Posted by caring061001 June 25, 2013
2.0

I was looking for a one-floor condo in an elevator building and I just want to stay as normal as possible at this point. I visited Emeritus at Burr Ridge. The staff was very fine. The room that showed me was four times smaller than I expected. They showed me a room and there's hardly any space, just enough for a couch, a bed and a closet. There's no place for me to cook, there was only a little refrigerator. There was hardly any space in the refrigerator for anything else nor was there a table to eat. I like being able to have my own meals even if it was with a microwave meal, however, you get to eat your meals in their cafeteria. There was no inside parking too. Regarding activities, at the time I visited this facility, residents would just sit at a tables to play card games. I'm a little more active than that even though I had trouble walking. The facility was nice and clean, however, it was not what I expected nor needed for myself at this point in time. It was also way too expensive for me.

Posted by Gale2 May 16, 2013

My visit to Emeritus was wonderful. I was very happy with the facility. The people were wonderful. I also found out that one of my friend's mother's was there. I like their services and what they're offering. I will definitely use them for respite care for my mom when I go out of town.

Posted by J. Stevens March 01, 2012

At first glance Emeritus is an nice place to look at. The receptionist was nice and inviting. There was refreshments at the door, that I assumed was available to all that passed by. The rooms are nice ranging from one bedrooms to double-rooms that were available for couples. The staff for most part was nice. I did witness some treatment by staff to an resident that was borderline abusive but was quickly resolved by the nurse on duty. I was able to witness lunch being served which was in my opinion an great addition The meals are served restaurant style given the residents and choice of what they were to eat. I liked that it seemed to give them an feeling of an community instead of being stashed away at some home where no one cared for them. My overall experience at Emeritus of Burr Ridge was pleasant and I would not hesitate one bit to put an love one of mine there.

Posted by theton12 October 25, 2011

My brother and I recently looked at Emeritus for our Grandma. We heard about them from a mutual friend and looked them up online. Since they came up first on the web search we decided to call them up and schedule a visit.At first glance, this place is very amazing, especially in terms of landscape and overall appearance. Our first impression was that this place would suit our Grandma very well for a retirement home. Once inside, we were given a brief, informational tour of the facility and what it has to offer.The rooms had to be the most impressive. My brother made the comment that they looked likethe rooms you'd find in any family style home as they were quite warm and inviting. Some other nice features included the library, dining areas, and living rooms. In addition to all this, we were assured that nurses and staff would do everything they could to accommodate each individual based on their specific needs. This is probably accomplished best in the form of the variety of activities seniors there have to choose from, primarily with the life enrichment program, in which seniors are scheduled activities based on their talents and interests.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd July 12, 2011

While looking for a place for our uncle to live, a friend recommended that we check out the Emeritus at Burr Ridge. He lives in the area and said that he sees the residents going on many outings on a regular basis. We were a little surprised at this, since we assumed that living in the city would give our uncle more access to interesting activities. The location in the western suburbs would work for our family, so we decided to come for an impromptu visit to check it out for our mother.

The landscaped garden and courtyard was stunning, and we could see why our friend thought so highly of the exterior of the facility. Burr Ridge has been known as an exclusive community, and this facility is no exception. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, with beautifully appointed common areas. From the main dining room, to the more casual eating area, we could see a variety of options for residents.

The stylish dining area features an exotic menu, but also offers staples for those who are less adventurous with their eating habits. Whether a person has no eating restrictions, is diabetic or has hypertension, the resident dietician works to make a wonderful selection of foods to choose from. The lunch we ate was really delicious! They also offer snacks continuously, so that each resident's food intake is monitored well.

This facility is designed to suit the needs of a variety of different types of residents, from those who are ambulatory and lucid, to those who struggle with issues in that regard.

The library has a great collection. The living room features comfortable furniture and beautiful art that is reminiscent of a drawing room in days gone by. There is an impressive array of activities offered each day. Exercise classes include private instruction as well as group yoga and aerobics. The residents regularly visit nearby Oakbrook Center, Adventist Hinsdale and Burr Ridge Promenade. This facility is at the top of our list of great places to consider for our mother.

Location of Emeritus at Burr Ridge

Features of Emeritus at Burr Ridge

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,500
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details