Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Aegis Lodge- Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Memory Care

Aegis Lodge offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for seniors who would like to enjoy retirement living, assisted living and memory care. A community where seniors can make their one and only move as our progressive care will meet all of their assisted living and memory care needs.

We are a mid size community that offers a great balance between retirement living and aging with dignity. Our residents remain very active when living at our community. Residents receiving assisted living, Alzheimer's care and Parkinson's care also have the ability to remain as independent as possible by taking advantage of our wellness programs and onsite physical, occupational and speech therapy.

Aegis Lodge has been providing excellent care since 1990, this community is surrounded by a walking trail and five acres of protected wetlands, our residents can enjoy a day of gardening, a walking trip, a trip to an off-site heated pool for therapy, painting, crafting, a scenic drive and many other activities personalized to their needs.

Our holistic approach for assisted living and memory care will allow your loved one to receive great nutrition, care and the needed stimulation to stay healthy for many more years.

For reviews on our community recently given by our family members please go to our news page. Aegis Lodge has a great level of satisfaction among their residents and family members and we look forward to welcoming you to our family.

Reviews of Aegis Lodge- Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Memory Care

Posted by Charlie Engel October 29, 2012

My dad lives at this community and has been there for about a year. The staff has been very patient with him and it shows how much they care for him. The nurses and aids are very responsive and my dad has great connections with some other residenys even though he is in a difficult stage of his dementia. I trust this place to be the best in the area. I also see constant improvements and feel that they are constantly trying to up their game.

Posted by Kirkland8 August 12, 2012
1.0

I am currently seeking a new home for my parent, I would not recommend this place for your loved one. There is new management that have no idea what they are doing and always in meetings, so there is no way of getting a hold of them. Calls and emails are returned days later, and training need to be enforce for all staff. There is also an executive director from a different aegis who is always there handling the current executive directors problem. The helping executive director is unfriendly and thinks she knows everything about my parent situation with even knowing the condition or name. Aegis lodge may look good at first but it goes downhill fast.

Posted by Dr. Geng July 11, 2012

It seems that the assisted living facility was much better than most others I have been to. The environment and decorations of the place made it seem less like an assisted living facility, but rather more like a community for older people. the staff were very welcoming and understanding of the people and I believe that the management was excellent to be able to provide constant good service. I then talk to some people living there and they all seemed to enjoy their time. I was extremely impressed with the state of the assisted living facility and I would recommend it to anybody in this area.

Posted by redmond1 May 29, 2012

My mom has lived there for 3 years, she came from another community where they could no longer care for her. Lodge has a new director and some other new team members and my experience with them has been great. The past executive director (Wilson) was responsive to me when I brought up issues to him also. My mom lived in the assisted living and moved to the secured memory care last year but she is always well cared for and often comes to the other area for activities. They are all very open to feedback and I am surprised to read the other lady's review.

Posted by stephangelos December 28, 2011
1.0

Look elsewhere for memory care. Grossly over priced. Memory care is run down, dreary, dirty & understaffed. Someone is getting rich off the misfortune of others. Exec administrator deflects and makes excuses for problems. Aids are very good (the one bright spot). Residents are not kept as clean as they should be and with high turn over, it's difficult to communicate the needs of your loved one. Your loved one deserves better. Other places are better, cleaner and cheaper.

Posted by Carolyn-2 January 07, 2010

I have a friend who's sister and brother in law live here. There are not a lot of facilities where there are couples but when I visited with my friend it seems that there are a lot of couples. My friends family had moved the couple from a place to another and they settled in this place because they have a full memory care and could care for the wife. It is a very nice place. Her husband is also well taken care of as he needs some care but there are many people who don't need care or have alzheimers and seem very happy. The staff was great in turning a situation around with my friends sister.

Location of Aegis Lodge- Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Memory Care