Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Friends Home in Kennett

Friends Home in Kennett
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Caring94583850 October 16, 2014

It was very nice, and my mother enjoyed being there. But just because it was a very old building, the feeling was she would probably be in a wheelchair and they were really not set up for wheelchair accessibility. It was farther from us, so we felt that it would be better if she would be closer. When she went there, she was a person seeking independent living, and they had a nursing station downstairs, but the people there were expected to come and go pretty much on their own and in that way it was fine until she fell. It was a very friendly environment; it was very much like a small town, and the people were like small-town people. The staff was very friendly, but we didn’t have much interaction with them because mother was living independently. We were very satisfied with it.

Friends Home in Kennett
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by emilycook1 July 06, 2012

My grandmother has been at this facility for over 3 years and we have never had any problems. The staff is excellent. They are always kind and friendly, and very understanding when we bring my grandma home late! They also call to inform us if my grandmother is sick or behaving strangely, like not eating. They always keep us in the loop. The facility is small, but it has a comforting, community feel to it. Each room is a single with closet room and a bathroom. The facility also allows residents to bring in their own furniture like chairs and dressers if they want to. The facility also has a spacious wrap-around deck with lots of chairs. The lawn and garden beds are well kept, and it is a beautiful place to sit in the spring and summer. They also have lots of activities throughout the week to keep residents entertained, like holiday parties, craft days, and musical groups that come to perform. Overall Friends Home is a fantastic facility.

Location of Friends Home in Kennett

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: 40 hours/week, On-call 24/7

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: All Pets