Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Bishop's Glen

Posted by Donna81303150 March 31, 2014

My parents are already in Bishop's Glen. We chose it because it had a rehab center as well as the assisted living and memory care. I like that my parents are safe. They're not happy at all, but the circumstances were that they couldn't be by themselves. My mother had fallen, and she had to go into rehab. She's in the same apartment as my step-father, who has Alzheimer's, and that's the main thing. They take care of her in the apartment so they can be together.

The staff seemed to be pretty good, and the apartments are quite nice. The food was good, too. They were allowed to keep their small dog. They have quite a few things going on. They have music. They try to keep the people who can't get out of there entertained or give them something to look forward to.

Posted by Dona1 January 30, 2014
1.0

I spent about 9 or 10 days at Bishop's Glen. The facility is not clean. They didn’t seem to pay attention when you said something to them. The food is not that good and for me those were the most important things. In the bathroom, I felt there was mildew around the door. There were little indentations and they were black and I felt it was mildew. They told me to take a shower, but I couldn’t get into the shower because they were storing stuff in there. They had a wheelchair and a bunch of plastics. I told the staff about it and they just told me that they will give me sponge bath. Finally the last day I was there, they took the wheelchair out of the shower and all the plastics that were there and let me take a shower. I noticed that the lady next to me, every time they give her food, she just falls asleep right in front of her food and they just leave her like that for hours. The section I was in seemed to be not near as clean as the other section and I felt that food was not good and I lost weight which was good, but I was hungry all the time. I wasn’t really happy with the doctor and the therapy .The apartments for the independent living and the area surrounding it inside and out were beautiful. They were just really nice. I went in to see for myself.

Posted by Caring76556450 December 27, 2013
3.0

Bishop's Glen is an old facility and expensive. The grounds were nice. It is on a 25-acre land and that part is nice if you're a walker. There's also more outdoor activities than the other facility we visited. They also have a pool. However, I didn't like their apartments. They have industrial type carpeting in the units. They were also very dreary and very small. They could update their apartments and make them a little more cheerful.

Posted by Donna65315450 October 30, 2013
4.0

Bishop's Glen was very nice. It looked like a high-end facility and was more like a hotel. However, it was not as homey, but more pricey.

Posted by Doris10 July 25, 2013

I went up Bishop's Glen ad saw one of their little apartments. It was really very nice. The facility itself has a very good reputation. I also know somebody that likes it there because he has lived there for awhile now, and he is much younger than I am. They have quite a bit of activities. I am a member of the Center for the Visually Impaired and we have meetings up in this facility. The people that live there would also come and join some of our meetings.

Posted by laymedown101 October 25, 2012
3.0

It was a clean place compared to the others in the area we looked at. But the only problem there was that the staff was extremely rude. The office people would give you attitude when ever you had a question. Also when our friend called to talk to her nurse they yelled at her and said no personal calls, but the kitchen staff and most of the nurses that were in the building were very kind. The C.N.As acted like they ran the place.

Posted by surfe May 18, 2012

my grandmother was very happy with this place it was all ways clean never dirty she was happy there i would recommend this place to anyone in a heart beat they were very nice to my grandmother in the nursing home until the day she died

Posted by SHANNONMURPHY February 29, 2012
4.0

My Grandparents moved into Bishops Glenn about 7 years ago. Bishops Glenn is an assisted living facility that offers independant living, assisted living, and a nursing home facility. The apartment style buildings are comfortable and quaint. There is centrally located dining hall that offers three meals daily and even send you a monthly menu, which is very popular with the older generation. Bishops Glenn also has a chapel with a weekly Sunday service, a full size pool, a shuffle board court located outside in the sunny courtyard, and a party/card room, which become packed on the weekly bridge night. Assistance and help is always offered to anyone who requests it. There is even a van that will take the residents to local attractions such as the mall or the movie theatre. Last but not least, Bishops Glenn makes the residents feel at home.

Location of Bishop's Glen