Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise of Holbrook

Step into a Sunrise community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Reviews of Sunrise of Holbrook

Posted by Ed17 April 11, 2014

My mother has already been placed in Sunrise of Holbrook. She has been there for about a month now. We found it almost right away, within a couple of weeks, and we're very happy with it. This community is beautiful. It is like a hotel, not like an assisted living place. It is always clean. I can only say great things about this place. Everything is very convenient for my mother. This community is actually 5 minutes from her old house and 5 minutes from my sister's house. The staff is great. They keep their residents pretty active. She plays bingo every day. She also plays cards. They have movie nights. She is religious, so they have Mass on Sunday and a Rosary night that she attends every week. Mom is also happy with the food there. They give them a choice of six meals three times a day. Again, this is a perfect place for her.

Posted by Appleton March 09, 2014
4.0

My Mother in law was a resident at Sunrise for almost two years. While it was expensive, she was well taken care of. She had dementia and could be difficult. We have no complaints about her care. Our problems occurred when she had a stroke, was hospitalized, then went back under hospice care. She could not swallow, the doctor ordered Ensure pudding at $185 a case. She died a few days later. The pharmacy agreed to credit us for the unused pudding. It disappeared. We also cleaned out her room the day after she died. We were asked if we would donate her clothes, lamps, walker, etc. We agreed, then were charged for an extra day for not cleaning her room. We were forced to pay for the disappearing pudding and for trying to be kind to others. No one returns calls. We even wrote to corporate and have not gotten a response. This makes us think that maybe they are not as good as we thought.

Posted by Caring73386250 November 23, 2013
4.0

The people at Sunrise at Holbrook were very friendly and organized. There was nothing wrong with the place. The residents seemed busy. The facility was clean. The people there seemed active. The rooms that we saw were nice and suitable.

Posted by Caring New Yorker August 28, 2013

My husband stayed in Sunrise of Holbrook for one and a half year. It was a beautiful place. They decorated it for the holidays at that time. It had a very lovely atmosphere. They also had a lot of activities there. Their food was good. The dining room was very beautiful. They would set the table like in a fancy restaurant. The staff was just beautiful. They took good care of my husband while he was there. However, he needed a lot more care, so we had to put him into a nursing facility.

Posted by xmenhockey77 October 01, 2012
4.0

This place was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and was very helpful. My grandparents seemed happy there and were happy to still be together in the same place. They love it there from the activities to the staff and amenities. I would reccoment this place to anyone who is looking for an assisted living facility.

Posted by Kristan July 08, 2012
3.0

The staff was nice enough, but they needed to be more attentive of the people working there. The food they gave to the patients did not seem healthy at all, so I even suggested to the workers that they try and get healthier food, or at least options available to the patients. One good thing about the assisted living was that they actually had plenty of activities for the residents to do, things like salons coming in, bingo, and board games. they also had buses to shipping malls or trips to the movies, which was very nice. I think there also could have been more workers for the late night shifts, considering there were too many incidents that needed attention late night, such as residents needed to use the bathroom or otherwise. More attention should have been spent on keeping the public areas clean, as well, but the outdoor areas were quite nice.

Posted by Caring56 April 13, 2012

My mother was a resident at Sunrise for a year and they have excellent care. It is was more of a medical environment suitable for her needs.

Posted by maryann123 December 19, 2011
4.0

I recently visited Sunrise Senior Living in Holbrook to inquire about placement for my husband. The facility is unique in that it looks like a bed and breakfast, rather than an assisted living facility. It is extremely attractive, warm and inviting as you drive up. Once inside, the excitement continues as you try to take in the beautifully decorated areas and homey atmosphere complete with a resident dog, parrot, and bird. I didn't know where to look first! There are several common areas for the residents for activities, movies, big screen T.V. and lounging, as well as a beverage bar and dining room. There are no visitation restrictions and family members may reserve a private dining area for meals with their loved ones. Overall, I'd say Sunrise Senior Living offers a safe, attractive environment with all the comforts of home.

The best parts about Sunrise Senior Living in Holbrook are: 1. That it provides a full service program for independent and assisted living for individuals and couples, as well as a more structured, secure and small special needs program for those with conditions such as Alzheimer's, etc. which other similar facilitates may not offer. Hospice services are also available. 2. Individual service plans including grooming, dressing, medication, and socialization activities, with skilled nursing care and rehab therapy are available. 3. Choice of private or shared room complete with basic bedroom furniture, updated bathroom, and small kitchenette area with refrigerator, sink, and storage. 4. Freedom to decorate living space with personal items, photos, and additional furniture.

The worst parts about Sunrise Senior Living in Holbrook are: 1. The high cost of fees and rooms, which are private pay, although some financial options are available. Cost depends on the package, level of care and room selected. (Activities, meals, housekeeping, maintenance, insurance and property tax, lawn care and laundry service are included in all packages.) 2. Not having a model room to show prospective residents, as I visited resident rooms and felt a little intrusive. 3. Employees not easily identified. Although they did have small badges, the clothing they wore allowed them to blend easily with the well-dressed residents.

Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds, the common areas, the specialty areas such as the whirlpool room a five. I would rate the residents' rooms a four if the room is shared because I felt it was a little small for two people, but if you have the entire room as a private room, I would rate it a five. Since I had limited exposure to the staff and did not see a lot of interaction or conversation with the residents during my 45-minute visit, I would have to give this area a three. Likewise, I could not gauge the quality of care from firsthand experience during my visit, so I would have to give it a three, although both these areas may be above this level. As far as organized activities, there was a small group playing bingo, but not much else was going on while I was there. Some residents were sitting in the common areas; others were in their rooms. The menu was very inclusive with residents having several choices.

Overall, I would give Sunrise Senior Living in Holbrook four out of five stars. I would recommend anyone seeking these services to visit this facility. If you can afford it, it will be well worth your time.

Posted by FamilyS December 08, 2011

My husband's grandfather is at Sunrise Assisted Living in their locked unit. The have a special section available for those who are confused or wander. The rooms are well kept, a nice size and have a bathroom and small kitchenette. There is a nice frame outside the room with his name and things that are special to him so he knows which is his room. He was allowed to bring in his own furniture so the room looks very homey. The staff is always nice and helpful, very friendly. I always see the same staff also. They always have fun activities going on. We seen piano music, petting zoos, Halloween trick or treating, special holiday dinners, luaus, and all kinds of fun activities. My only concern is that they let the residents lock their doors. While the staff has a key, it just gives me the sense that they don't open it except for meal time. The food always smells good and they serve it family style.Families visit a lot, which makes me believe that we are not the only ones who are very satisfied with them.They even have facility pets, and an activities department as well as a physical therapy department. They have it all.

Location of Sunrise of Holbrook