Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

About The Devonshire

The Devonshire is an assisted living facility in Hampton, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Devonshire for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of The Devonshire

Average Rating: 3.0 based on 1 Review

The Devonshire
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by ryarboro August 05, 2011
3.0

The Devonshire, located in Hampton, Virginia, has been the home to my grandmother for the past 10-15 years. Our family is very close one and as a former middle school principal, my grandmother has a lot of pride and wanted to live in a place that would account for her dignity in achieving so much in her life. Her decision to move to an assisted facility came down to concerns from our family about her living in a large two-story house by herself and at the age of 75, the possibility that she could have a fall down some stairs or accident and nobody would be readily available to come to her aid. Like many people in that situation, nursing homes were a possibility at the beginning, but we felt she was capable of doing things on her own...just simply needed a little guidance. I feel The Devonshire has provided that. With activities such as board games, exercise groups and such, the community has much to offer for new residents to become acclimated. My grandmother's room has a couch, large television, comfortable bed and lounge and bath facilities that are more than adequate. The menu options for residents if they prefer are large and account for any residents with illnesses such as diabetes when creating a personal menu day to day. A courtyard gives residents the ability to chat away from their neighbors and in general, the Hampton area has an old-town feel that is welcoming to guests and family members such as myself who come to visit. If someone were looking at The Devonshire for either themselves or a relative, I would highly recommend it. There is a slight issue with overcrowding, but personal attention is not an issue.

Location of The Devonshire