Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Blake of Gulf Breeze

Posted by Deborah3415 June 26, 2014

The Blake at Gulf Breeze is the only one that I would put my father in. It was extremely clean. There was no smell. They keep the residents clean and keep the place clean, and that speaks partially to how they treat them. The patient-caregiver ratio is small, too. They have three choices for rooms. They have rooms with a view, and they have rooms that are smaller than others. A very small part of their facility is for Alzheimer's care. However, with regards to activities, even the Alzheimer's patients were all engaged. They had them up out of bed in the main center where they were around other people doing whatever they could do. I like that they just didn't leave them lying in bed. They also have a secure outdoor area, and not many places have that.

Posted by Former Care Manager July 11, 2013

The Blake of Gulf Breeze was absolutely excellent. It was clean and the staff were well-cared for individuals and very cooperative when you visit the residents. The food appeared good and looked inviting although I did not eat there. The rooms were well-maintained. I would recommend this facility to others.

Posted by BHandRH March 29, 2013

The compassion showed to my mother at The Blake at Gulf Breeze is truly remarkable! I can rest knowing that my mother is well cared for and offered an active daily routine. The staff at The Blake are angels!

Posted by Looking for mom1 November 20, 2012

I dropped in unannounced to visit the assisted living portion of The Blake. Jeannette, the concierge at The Blake, was very friendly and personable. I was especially interested in the activities offered within and outside the facility, as well as the amount of assistance provided on outings. On the tour, I met Stacey, the activity director, and she was also very positive and friendly. I was impressed with the amount of support (asistants and volunteers) that was available.

Posted by Leslie4 November 02, 2012

This is a beautiful facility! It seems more like a resort for elderly people than an assisted living home. The "nursing home smell" was pleasantly lacking when I visited there, and the staff were very friendly. Should I ever need the services of an assisted living home, The Blake would be my preference.

Posted by bp88 July 11, 2012

Excellent staff, plenty of social opportunities. They even had a piano player who would come in on weekends to serenade people. They had more than just shuffleboard- the Blake has tennis courts, gym facilities, and is close enough to other gyms to offer variety. The food was exceptional as well. The Blake has a buffet, which (I only visited on the weekends) was more than adequate. If I remember correctly, they also offered to bus residents to a local buffet chain restaurant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Blake is a large facility, but is well-laid-out with a beautiful central courtyard. In all honesty, I wish I could live there! I would recommend the Blake to anyone looking for an assisted living facility. Bear in mind, this is apartment-style, but they also have access to facilities for more personal care if necessary. My grandmother unfortunately didn't stay long; her health declined quickly. However, she seemed to really enjoy her stay at the Blake

Posted by emdubya135 January 20, 2012
3.0

My great grandmother stayed at The Blakes until she passed recently. I would go visit her there a couple of times a month. The staff seemed somewhat friendly, though they never really acknowledged my presence of being there. My grandmother always complained about the quality and taste of the food. I have never tried the food there personally so it's a matter of opinion I suppose. The Blakes keeps up a nice appearance at least and seems fairly clean. However, I do wish there was more parking because on the weekends it does get a bit crowded. The Blakes does offer field trips for their residents to go shopping and out to eat. They also have a small golf course on the premises. I saw a couple of residents with small pets such as dogs, cats, and fish. I give The Blakes an average review because since I was not a resident there I feel like I cannot properly comment on the living conditions as a whole and can only review off of what I have seen during my visits.

Posted by GuiCyber June 30, 2011

The Blake assisted living and retirement home is a one-of-a-kind retirement facility. As a very close friend to someone currently housed their, I can gladly be reassured that my friend is in good hands at all times. After visiting several other assisted living homes in the area, The Blake was an obvious choice for my friend and met all of her needs. With a beautiful facility, The Blake is hard to miss! Along with this beautiful facility, the staff at The Blake are unbelievably superior to other assisted living home staff members. Along with knowing exactly what to do, the staff members are friendly and people living at The Blake are reassured that someone will always be at their side.

Location of The Blake of Gulf Breeze