Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Blake of Gulf Breeze

Posted by Caring92323450 September 23, 2014

The Blake for me is the best in this area. It is very clean facility, the staff is very friendly, and the people in the facility seemed to be a good group of people for my dad to interact with. The people are mostly able to interact with other people. It is a two-story with elevators. They do laundry, clean the rooms, and they have different care levels. He is participating in the Bible study, and they have bingo, and every so often they invite family members to come in. They have an activity director who is outstanding, and she has been really good about coming up with all the different types of activities.

Posted by Roger19 August 31, 2014

My stepfather and mother-in-law are in The Blake of Gulf Breeze. It is great. It is the nicest place around here. It is very highly rated. They have very good food. The security is good. The staff is treating them excellent. I've worked for long-term care business for 15 years and I think this is the best place for them. The only thing I say they could improve on is food variety.

Posted by Missing my best friend August 29, 2014

When I first visited The Blake I was amazed how open and clean it was. I was met at the desk by a lovely young lady who ask me how she could assist my mother and me. My mom and I took a tour and was very informed of every health need my mom might need from the DOW, Barbara. My mom moved into memory care into a private room . The halls smelled so fresh and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and has spoiled my mom . I understand that she is memory care and her condition is going to decline due to Alzheimer's . I have accepted her condition and want to enjoy her everyday because everyday is a gift of having her. I understand some families want to blame everyone for the decline of their love one rather it's the care,medication or employees. This condition cannot be slowed down nor stopped . The Blake has always given me the Best care or any place I have been . I feel that the employees at The Blake are not there for a job their are there because they love the residents. Families need to accept their love ones and accept that they have a terrible disease . They need to remember the good times and the time they have with their love one .

Posted by 3638porkchop August 23, 2014
1.0

What you see is not always what you get! Boy how we learned that at The Blake! Our mother was on the memory care side and so we know first hand that it is not all that it appears to be. She went in vibrant and alive in Oct., 2013, and in a short 5 months she was in a wheelchair, 36 pounds lighter, and needed help feeding herself. Though Alzheimer's was present, this rapid decline was due to medical errors and less staff (many times only 2-3 actually tending to 34-37 residents, many needing feeding and normal day to day hygiene help) than what was promised. There is one great personal assistant, activities coordinator, and house keeper. I believe that a change of hands took place since our mother arrived there in October, 2013, and we saw a rapid decline overall. The dietician and chef we first met were gone within 3 months along with the marketing person. The way the food was served became like a cafeteria on the memory care side with the personal assistants dishing it onto the plates, with no regard to appearance and safe handling practices. There is also a large turn over in the staff that tend to the residents. We are thankful we were able to get her out of there and place her into a facility that we pray may help her regain at least a portion of what was taken from her health at The Blake.

Posted by Pete3 July 31, 2014
4.0

The Blake at Gulf Breeze was a newer building. My parents really like the staff and the people who were there seem to really like it. The food is really good and then the levels of care are not so expensive. It is just a really nice building and a really good staff; that is the main thing, really. They have some strong enthusiasm and they work hard. The dining halls have a two-story vaulted ceiling and there is a really big lobby area. It just felt more like a hotel rather than an assisted living place.

Posted by Deborah3415 June 26, 2014

The Blake at Gulf Breeze is the only one that I would put my father in. It was extremely clean. There was no smell. They keep the residents clean and keep the place clean, and that speaks partially to how they treat them. The patient-caregiver ratio is small, too. They have three choices for rooms. They have rooms with a view, and they have rooms that are smaller than others. A very small part of their facility is for Alzheimer's care. However, with regards to activities, even the Alzheimer's patients were all engaged. They had them up out of bed in the main center where they were around other people doing whatever they could do. I like that they just didn't leave them lying in bed. They also have a secure outdoor area, and not many places have that.

Posted by Former Care Manager July 11, 2013

The Blake of Gulf Breeze was absolutely excellent. It was clean and the staff were well-cared for individuals and very cooperative when you visit the residents. The food appeared good and looked inviting although I did not eat there. The rooms were well-maintained. I would recommend this facility to others.

Posted by BHandRH March 29, 2013

The compassion showed to my mother at The Blake at Gulf Breeze is truly remarkable! I can rest knowing that my mother is well cared for and offered an active daily routine. The staff at The Blake are angels!

Posted by Looking for mom1 November 20, 2012

I dropped in unannounced to visit the assisted living portion of The Blake. Jeannette, the concierge at The Blake, was very friendly and personable. I was especially interested in the activities offered within and outside the facility, as well as the amount of assistance provided on outings. On the tour, I met Stacey, the activity director, and she was also very positive and friendly. I was impressed with the amount of support (asistants and volunteers) that was available.

Posted by Leslie4 November 02, 2012

This is a beautiful facility! It seems more like a resort for elderly people than an assisted living home. The "nursing home smell" was pleasantly lacking when I visited there, and the staff were very friendly. Should I ever need the services of an assisted living home, The Blake would be my preference.

Posted by bp88 July 11, 2012

Excellent staff, plenty of social opportunities. They even had a piano player who would come in on weekends to serenade people. They had more than just shuffleboard- the Blake has tennis courts, gym facilities, and is close enough to other gyms to offer variety. The food was exceptional as well. The Blake has a buffet, which (I only visited on the weekends) was more than adequate. If I remember correctly, they also offered to bus residents to a local buffet chain restaurant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Blake is a large facility, but is well-laid-out with a beautiful central courtyard. In all honesty, I wish I could live there! I would recommend the Blake to anyone looking for an assisted living facility. Bear in mind, this is apartment-style, but they also have access to facilities for more personal care if necessary. My grandmother unfortunately didn't stay long; her health declined quickly. However, she seemed to really enjoy her stay at the Blake

Posted by emdubya135 January 20, 2012
3.0

My great grandmother stayed at The Blakes until she passed recently. I would go visit her there a couple of times a month. The staff seemed somewhat friendly, though they never really acknowledged my presence of being there. My grandmother always complained about the quality and taste of the food. I have never tried the food there personally so it's a matter of opinion I suppose. The Blakes keeps up a nice appearance at least and seems fairly clean. However, I do wish there was more parking because on the weekends it does get a bit crowded. The Blakes does offer field trips for their residents to go shopping and out to eat. They also have a small golf course on the premises. I saw a couple of residents with small pets such as dogs, cats, and fish. I give The Blakes an average review because since I was not a resident there I feel like I cannot properly comment on the living conditions as a whole and can only review off of what I have seen during my visits.

Posted by GuiCyber June 30, 2011

The Blake assisted living and retirement home is a one-of-a-kind retirement facility. As a very close friend to someone currently housed their, I can gladly be reassured that my friend is in good hands at all times. After visiting several other assisted living homes in the area, The Blake was an obvious choice for my friend and met all of her needs. With a beautiful facility, The Blake is hard to miss! Along with this beautiful facility, the staff at The Blake are unbelievably superior to other assisted living home staff members. Along with knowing exactly what to do, the staff members are friendly and people living at The Blake are reassured that someone will always be at their side.

Location of The Blake of Gulf Breeze