Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From The Woodlands at Furman

As part of the Upstate's only Life Care retirement community,our quality health care continuum is a viable solution for short or long-term health needs. We offer all levels of care on site for existing residents in independent living, as well as seniors coming to the community for short- and long-term health care services with no entrance fee required, including assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and respite services. Locally owned and not for profit, The Woodlands is here to help your family plan for the unexpected, so you can enjoy today even more.

Reviews of The Woodlands at Furman

Posted by Caring91967450 August 14, 2014
4.0

My mother was at The Woodlands at Furman. She was there for rehab. The actual facility seemed to be a little understaffed because it seemed like it would take a while to get somebody if you try to buzz for someone. The food was institution food. It was all right, though. My mother never went to the dining room. She took all her meals in her room. The staff was nice and helpful, but like I said, they were understaffed. The rooms were very nice though.

Posted by caring78033450 January 28, 2014
4.0

I liked Woodlands. It was much more expensive than the other places and the assisted living area was small. I didn’t like the painting of the rooms in the hallways which was a very pale blue. It gave it a very depressing look and it wasn’t a very cheery looking place. The facilities that they have for the assisted living section are fine. The food looks good but I didn’t eat there. They have activities and they had a schedule. The staff was very nice and she introduced me to some staff members. They were friendly and professional.

Posted by Anna Bella April 26, 2012
1.0

Even though this was our first experience with having to put a loved one in a assisted living facility, we all agree that everyone in our family has been scared emotionally forever. The advanced care facility for memory care is HORRIBLE. The treatment of the staff to the patients and the family boarders on abusive! It is very expensive and decorated well but it is unfortunate that the flowers in the gardens get more attention then your loved one. Most nights it is hard to sleep, as we wonder if she is all right. My advice to all is just becauce a facility charges over $200. a day and the facility looks pretty do NOT assume that your loved one will be well cared for. Look at every possible assisted living space. Take your time and educate yourself.

Posted by Enaiya33 March 14, 2012

I visited this facility many times over the course of a few years while my grandmother stayed there. Above all the word I can use to describe it is quality. It is funny thinkIng back but I remember my grandmother would talk so much about how she enjoyed the food. I finally had a chance to experience it myself one day when she shared her meal with me as we watched cartoons. Even though I was a child I remember distinctly how kind the staff was to my grandmother. The most impressive thing to me was how beautiful the buildings were and the upkeep of the grounds. The first time we went to visit my father couldn't stop talking about how great the landscaping was. I think that contributes a lot to the overall feeling radiated by the facility. It may be the nostalgia looking back and remembering my grandmother but he genuinely seems so happy. Everytime we went to visit I just remember smiles and laughter. It means a lot to me that they were able to help furnish such fond memories.

Posted by Nicholas4500 July 26, 2011
4.0

My mother has been a resident at the Woodlands for several years now. Last year she transitioned from assisted care to memory care. It was a relatively easy transition and I was glad to have the opportunity to increase her level of care without moving to another facility.

Location of The Woodlands at Furman