From the Provider
Vi at the Glen is an upscale Type A continuing care retirement community located in Glenview, Illinois on the former site of the Glenview Naval Air Station. The community is part of a 1,000-acre master-planned community that features shopping, dining, parks, walking trails, and two golf courses. Vi at the Glen is also near other attractions on Chicagoâ€™s North Shore, including the Chicago Botanic Garden and the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, Illinois.
With a wide variety of distinctive amenities, fine dining, lifestyle activities, and a continuum of care, Vi at the Glen is committed to providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of older adults.
At Vi at the Glen your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 23 one bedroom, two bedroom, two bedroom plus den or freestanding villa floor plans â€“ all nestled within a neighborhood-like community. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.
The Vi family of communities consists of 10 continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) located in six states across the U.S. In 2012 we celebrated our 25th anniversary as a developer, owner and operator of residential communities for older adults. We also maintain a commitment to financial stability at all of our locations, and with our final construction loan paid off in 2011, all CCRCs are now free of third party debt.
- Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
- Building maintenance
- Lawn care and landscaping
- Weekly light housekeeping of your home
- Weekly laundering of linens and towels
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning services available at an extra charge
- Healthful meals developed for the nutritional needs and flavor preferences of older adults
- Dining program oversight provided by our certified dietary manager and our certified executive chef
- Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared using seafood and produce delivered six days a week, and locally sourced foods when possible
- Foods prepared by chefs who have received customized training provided by the Culinary Institute of America on nutrition, healthy cooking and baking techniques, flavor dynamics, and food and wine pairing
- Desserts prepared by our pastry chef, trained at Le Cordon Bleu London
- Available wine list
- Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
- Fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors
- Catering available for private parties and events at an additional cost
Parking and Transportation
- 24-hour valet parking services in our heated garage for your vehicle
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
- Northern Trust branch banking services offered Monday through Friday
- Safe deposit box available at an additional charge
- Notary public available by appointment
Salon and Spa
- Teddie Kossoff salon with full spa menu of services including cut and color, styling, manicure and pedicure, and massage
- Salon and spa services available at an additional charge
- Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
- Philips LifelineÂ® alert system in each residence
- Reading areas stocked with current magazines, best-selling books, and daily local and national newspapers
- Meeting room for book clubs and reading groups
- A partnership with the Library of Congress Talking Books program, which provides machines that read the books aloud
- Computer room computers, printer, scanner with Wi-Fi, weekly tech instruction, and computer help
- Electronic magnifier for reading assistance
- Northwoods Lounge, a fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors and fine wines
- Meeting room for lectures and community meetings
- Rooms available for parties and celebrations
- Social spaces throughout the community area
- Gardens and landscaped walkways
- Gardening club and resident-kept gardens
- Open and covered terraces
- Alfresco dining areas
- Community is part of a greater 1,000-acre, master-planned area that includes nearby parks and walking trails
- Community Bark West, a Glenview Park District off-leash dog park, is accessible nearby
- Neighborhood-like setting where many homes have front or back yards
- Pets 30 pounds and under are welcome
- Comfortable hotel-like rooms available by reservation for overnight guests at additional cost
- Suite amenities include expanded digital cable, hairdryer, ironing board
- Suite guests receive a complimentary breakfast
- Staffed 7 days a week by a registered nurse available for immunizations and confidential health consultation
- Scheduled routine health screenings and weekly laboratory services including venipuncture
- Scheduled visits from medical professionals including physical therapists, audiologists, podiatrists, and Vi at the Glen's medical director
- Care coordinated with your personal physician
- Access to health care resources and classes
- Equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, recumbent bicycles, NuStepÂ® cross training machines, air-resistance weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
- Fitness instruction and classes, including Yoga, Tai Chi, and weight training
- On-site personal trainer certified by the American Council on Exercise and as a Certified Senior Fitness Training Specialist by the American Academy of Health and Fitness
- Three certified yoga instructors, including one certified by the Himalayan Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy as a Registered Yoga Therapist
- Certified aqua instructor
Pool and Whirlpool
- Heated salt-filtered indoor pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
- Therapeutic whirlpool
- Locker rooms with heated floors
- 5,000-square-foot bent grass putting green maintained by Vi's grounds team
- 1/2-mile paved walking path on campus
- Walking distance to city trails
- Choice of 1 or 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom plus den, and free-standing villa homes
- Cable and phone ready
- Emergency call system
- Kitchen and dining area
- Temperature control
- Patio/balcony on all units
Lifestyle opportunities include:
- Cultural outings
- Book and special interest clubs
- Celebrations and socials
- Fitness classes for all levels and interests
Reviews of Vi at The Glen
Average Rating: based on 3 Reviews
I visited this facility
I visited this facility to see family during a vacation to Chicago. The facility was kept up very well and the staff was very friendly. We dined out for a couple of nights, but we did use the dining facilities on site for one dinner. We were pleasantly surprised because the food was actually good. Again, the dining staff was very friendly and helpful. We had thought that the food was going to be bland and "cafeteria" like, but the food had flavor and resembled restaurant quality. We had also needed some directions in town and the staff was more than happy to help us with this as well. Furthermore, we were looking for some fun activities in the area and the staff helped us pick some fun things to do. Because of the staff we decided to go see a game at Wrigley field and had an amazing time. We even sat on the vines. Talk about a fun memory.
I visited this facility
I had to visit Vi at The Glen assisted living facility because years ago my friend's grandmother and a friend of mine was a resident here. This facility has a pretty pleasant living arrangement, in which people with special needs are provided with a wonderful care. The staff is very qualified and friendly. They were patient and helpful to answer questions and taking care of the patients. My friend's grandmother was very pleased. She got new friends in this place. It seemed like this kind of people can have a good time here. The food was pretty healthful and the activity schedule seemed pretty typical. The facility has good design. It's light and bright atmosphere . Bathrooms has safety seats and rails. The unit has good views. There's regular fitness classes, and recreational activities like walking clubs and golf outings to local courses. So i can recomend this facility for your old relatives
I visited this facility
We decided to visit Vi at The Glen assisted living facility as we really liked the area and it is convenient for my friend's family. We were looking for a place for her aunt to live.
The outer grounds featured lovely courtyards with very nice landscaping and seating areas.
We liked that was formerly a Hyatt property. Its design is stunning and has always been enhanced and well maintained. Since it was a hotel - it has all of the amenities and has retained all of the beauty. The entire design and decor had an open-air feel.
The high ceilings made it very elegant. The lounges and activity rooms were all nicely decorated and easy to access.
The living spaces were well-designed and spacious and decorated tastefully with a homey, light and airy feel. Bathrooms were designed with safety seats and rails. Each unit has nice views of the surrounding area.
The dining rooms reminded us of a fine dining establishment. The food was what you could find in a five star restaurant with a very nice variety.
The library was stocked with many great books. The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV.
The outside activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies - to day trips to nearby regions. They offer planned exercise classes - but also encourage a variety of different exercises.
The staff is able to take care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory - to those who have memory issues. There was plenty of professional, yet friendly staff to take care of basic needs.
All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. We are glad we took the time to look at this facility and could recommend that others check it out as an option for their loved ones.
Location of Vi at The Glen
Features of Vi at The Glen
- Year built: 2002
- Year open: 2002
- Entrance fee: Starting at $265,000
- Minimum Cost: 3,470
- Ownership type: Private for profit
- Contact name: Manager: Todd Miller; Sales: Sian Moynihan
- Nearby shops entertainment: Yes
- Ownership: Vi
- Rate increase: Evaluated Annually